Thread: Apple LISA!!!!!

1. #1 Apple LISA!!!!! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    I won a new old stock (meaning new in box from 1983), Apple Lisa system board for $9.99.

This is more or less for my collection and will serve no functioning purpose. It will likely be put in a shadow box frame and placed on my wall.

However I have seen an nice ammount of Lisa parts on EBAY lately, perhaps I could do a BYO Lisa.

I really want a lisa but I dont want to pay the prices they fetch.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker outsider's Avatar
    nice, good buy.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker PSPBETTERTHANDS's Avatar
    That's really cool. I think you should just keep it in the box if possible cause who knows how much something like that would get you in another 10-20 years? I forgot... wasn't that the first computer that used a mouse?
    Hope you had a nice XMas! Help me modding my original Xbox. See my thread in Anything Goes Here forum

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    First with a gui, first with the mouse, first to multi task.

5mhz processor
    10mb internal hard drive (with the option to add a 5-10mb external)
    2mb Max RAM
    weighed 48lbs
    Maximum supported OS: Mac works 6.0.5

For those of you who do not know it the Lisa was named after Steve Jobs illegitimate daughter, although he never admitted such. Officially LISA stood for logical integrated software architecture.

In 1989, Apple buried about 2,700 unsold Lisas at a landfill in Logan, Utah and got a tax write-off on the unsold inventory.

If some apple geek has not dug them up already, there is a fortune to be found in Utah. Lisa's fetch about $1000 on EBAY. Their retail price was $9,995. 2.7 million dollars buried somewhere in the desert, way to go Apple. The company went to shit there for a while after they gave steve the boot and dumb things like this occurred frequently. We are all happy steve is back for good.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Yep, LISA was practically the beginning of modern computing. Before LISA everything was input by keyboard and there was no GUI, it was all a dark, lonely console

Quote Originally Posted by urineanus
    For those of you who do not know it the Lisa was named after Steve Jobs illegitimate daughter, although he never admitted such. Officially LISA stood for logical integrated software architecture.
    LISA was also the beginning of the ISA slot (integrated software architecture) which was the precursor to the PCI slot (peripheral component interconnect) as far as I know. They were mainly used for dialup modems (think 14.4k) and 10mbit NIC's. I think video chipsets used a different type of ISA slot, can't remember too much about those. ISA slots were used exclusively in the late 80's / early 90's and some mainboards had them side-by-side with PCI slots all the way up to 1997. After that, PCI and AGP pretty much took the market (the same way PCI Express is taking it now.)