Thread: PSX Iso Ripper for Mac?

1. #1 PSX Iso Ripper for Mac? 
    Member PSP User
    I know Alcohol 120% extracts PSX but it's for Windows and I'm just wondering if there is any program that does the same thing but for Mac. I have Toast 8 but I don't think it extracts. So what other Mac programs that I could use to extract PSX? Thanks.

TONY
    2.6->1.5->3.03 OE-C->3.10 OE-A->3.40 OE-A->3.50M33->4.01 M33-2(as of 12-20-08)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    hmm, I don't rip my own PSX so I never thiught of this. I have DVD ripper for mac and Mac the ripper, neither of which will perform this task.

If you have an intel mac, get bootcamp

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp

and install windows to make the rip there.

that will be the easiest way.

You can mount the PSX disc and copy its contents to a folder, then use this method to compile the contents of the folder into an ISO that you can then transfer to your MS.

If you are not comfortable with the terminal then you might not find this method suitable.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...20520083853834

Member PSP User
    Hi urineanus,

I do have a dual-boot Mac. What do you mean just use Windows to rip? Don't I need another cd-burner program for Windows side? Are you saying that I just need to pop the cd in and drag and drop all the files from the cd to a folder on the desktop? If that's the case, why can't I just do that on the Mac side?

TONY

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    use one of alcohol 120 or other program similar in windows to rip the ISO ad then use popstation (which is a windows only app)

If you just extrzct all the data off the disc with finder it will not be an .iso, thats why you would need to use the terminal method I linked to to compile a .iso.

If you are dual booting it wuold be a lot easier to use windows, point click done.

I cant believe I just said it would be easier to use windows, but in this case it just is.

Member PSP User
    I don't want to use Alcohol 120... So are there any other free programs? I know I'm cheap... Or can I drag and drop the files then use Popstation to compile it?

TONY

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chris3d's Avatar
    "Are you saying that I just need to pop the cd in and drag and drop all the files from the cd to a folder on the desktop"....good luck with that on a Mac LOL....you'd be creating shortcuts

Member PSP User
    Chris3d...

As a senior member, you could provide some useful knowledge instead of laughing at my comments, you know.
    I just got my PSP less than two months ago and I just started using Mac since beginning of the year so both are fairly new to me. Now I don't really feel like posting questions any more.

TONY

hey guys can you help!
    i got pscx the psx emulator for mac and i want to play downloaded isos/roms
    so ive got the plugin to play isos but when i open any old rom it comes up with an error
    do i need a special rom for mac?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drixson View Post
    hey guys can you help!
    i got pscx the psx emulator for mac and i want to play downloaded isos/roms
    so ive got the plugin to play isos but when i open any old rom it comes up with an error
    do i need a special rom for mac?
    should of read our rules.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS