Thread: Treasure in the closet

1. #1 Treasure in the closet 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chris3d's Avatar
    You'll never guess what I found in my computer class' closet. I was going through a huge box of mice, ethernet cable, etc...when I moved the box only to find an Apple IIc, Macintosh Classic II, and Macintosh Power PC 5500/225. Here's the pic:

Urineanus, I'm hoping that you'll be able to help me get me past the security on the Power PC 5500/225. I'm guessing that it was setup on a school network @ some point in time. After reading up on it, I found out that it originally went for $2000, and at first was only sold for educational purposes. It is running OS9. I also found that the Macintosh Classic II...which I have up and running System 7, originally sold for $2400.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    just a quick Q, whats up with everone in this section in love with old school macs? I would HATE having an old windows, why is it different for macs?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    did they give these to you?? I would be uber-jealous.

Best thing is to download OS 7 for free from the apple ftp. Make some floppies on one of the macs that is working.

lots of good stuff found here

http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/syslist.html

@justin

because they are awesome.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    we've come a long way lol.
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

urineaus how big is the modem thing in youre picture. i wonder if its smaller then mine. (mines not a mac though) my product dimensions are Product Dimensions: 13 x 10.9 x 4.2 inches

Urineanus, I was told told that I am allowed to have one. Which would you pick? I'm thinking the Macintosh Classic II...just for the uber-awesomeness of OS7

I think this is my reward for winning my school's Comp Engineering award...aside from the medal

"@justin

because they are awesome." -ditto

hmm for me it would be an extreme toss up between the apple II and the classic, but ultimately I would take the classic if I were you.

@chinese people-

Are you talking about my sig?

Thats no modem thats a mac.

alright so how big is that mac.

PC's and their peripherals, Gosh!

@ chinese people: Mac Mini dimensions: 6.5" * 6.5" * 2"
    @ urineanus: Macintosh Classic II it is then I'll post more pics once I get it if you would like.

@chineses people

smaller than nintendo wii

@chris3d

congrats on your vintage mac. I use my 89' IIci quite a bit. some of my tuts were made on it and then transfered to the mini to be posted.

Internet browsing on the IIci is pretty weak as you could imagine. Even though it does have a NIC card.

--------------------
    I really want an Aplle II, Drizzle has two of them I think. He says the IIc is not as good as the original. I would by an Apple III on the spot anywhere I found one. They are notorious for being horrible machines; therefore I really want one.

Found some more Macs in the closet today...expect an update tomorrow.

I know what most of them are..but some of them were tucked away in a corner.

What I could identify is:
    1 iMac (blue/aqua)
    2 Apple IIe's

...2 others that I couldn't figure out from the view I had...they were both older macs

@ urineanus: Any clues on how to get past the password protection on the Macintosh 5500/225 I previously found?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP WarstrongXan's Avatar
    dude your really lucky! the only mac that is totally mine at the moment is this G3 iMac in the same color as yours. lol. I'd probably stay after for as long as you can, run in there and grab the comps, and throw them in a box or something, and bring them out to your car. I wouldn't tell anybody about them...

Member PSP User
    yer just take them
    I was gonna rob a hp laptop from my school that was tucked away somewhere that noone used
    but on the last day I forgot
    damnit!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP WarstrongXan's Avatar
    yeah, if i was you I woulda brought an empty laptop bag and when nobody was looking just thrown it in as if it was always your computer... would probably have worked. Sorry to hear that END

Use a Mac OS install floppy, and boot from it, it will have the utilities to partition the drive and erase everything on it; then you can reinstall.

OS 7.5 and earlier are available for free on Apple's ftp

google "download Mac OS 7"