Thread: New iMacs!

1. #1 New iMacs! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    Are not black as previously thought, but instead are brushed metal and resemble the cinema displays more than the current white imacs. They may or may not utilize the new santa rosa chip, and their will be a bigger screen version than the 24', which is the largest as of now. WWDC is right around the corner, and I am ready. We will see the end product of months of hype that always surrounds new Apple products. I should also mention that apparently, the ultra portable is making it's appearance as well, under the name macbook mini.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP WarstrongXan's Avatar
    Nice, so this is a sign that the new 10.5 will have a brushed metal look? That's cool, i just sent your post to my dad, he's gonna get the family a new iMac soon and we are planning to hold off on buying until the new models come through. Thanks for the info man

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar

Heres a peep at a new iMac everybody. This image is just a concept, however I would anticipate that it is not too far off, except I am sure they will retain a pivoting base; unlike the one seen here.

Wireless N
    backlit LED screen
    Possible processing boost
    blah blah blah, I got hopes for them. It just sucks that I just recieved like 30 something imacs in a shipment, and they will be hard as hell to get rid off with these new iMacs hanging around.
    Would not expect santa rosa for the imac.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP WarstrongXan's Avatar
    hey, what exactly is the santa rosa chip? What is it replacing in the other macs and why is it so important. Also, if they have the technology why wouldn't they put it into all their macs, or at least offer it...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    wow, thats s3xah. Might think about going mac and getting one of these.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    now thats nice

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker BLACKOUT's Avatar
    it's a photoshopped picture.
    side of a g5 mixed with a cinema display.

anyway; the santa rosa chipset is nice because it makes things faster and goes fully 64 bit, allowing for more than 3gb of ram, as seen in the new macbook pros.