Thread: a couple questions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 a couple questions... 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    i read the mac guide and i still cant decide if i want mbp or just mb... in your own opinion which is better for a first time mac user/owner?
    here are some guidelines of what im looking for...
    -wireless internet
    -photoshop
    -education
    -entertainment
    -there are some more i just cant think of any. so i just want a laptop that is able to do most or all of the things above. thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMB3Rs
    Like Oh Em Gee, like i like your like name and like i feel like this like should be like a thread and like not something handled in like a PM.
    PSN: x07andrew70x
    MotorStorm, Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction,
    Lair, TimeShift, Call Of Duty 4, Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chris3d's Avatar
    I was a first time mac user when I bought my Macbook Pro. I think the MBP is definitely the way to go man. it has the LED screen, a bigger screen, the new Santa Rosa update, and the Nvidia 8600 (I think that was the model...but anyways...it's new). Both the MB and MBP have wifi, photoshop is sofware that you will have to buy...it's rather expensive though , as far as education goes, you can get office 2004 for mac...and I recommend quicksilver as another great productivity tool. Entertainment is what Mac's are all about, so no problem there....bottom line, get the best model that you can afford, and you'll never regret it

thanks man. yah i was originally looking at the MB and they seemed nice and all, then i looked into the MBP and they are a little more expensive but it still was the one that stuck out to me the most. thanks again for you input and advice.
    Like Oh Em Gee, like i like your like name and like i feel like this like should be like a thread and like not something handled in like a PM.
    Lair, TimeShift, Call Of Duty 4, Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker BLACKOUT's Avatar
    if you're going to max out a macbook, don't bother, just get the low end mbp.

otherwise, just get whatever.

alright thanks again

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    The $1299 Macbook comes out of the box ready to tackle the tasks you listed. If you want some quicker photoshop max the Ram at 2Gb. If you are going to be texturing 3d models or performing another demanding task in PS get the pro since it has the dedicated video memory and the book has shared. If you can afford to get the pro then get it. The new ones are expandable to 4gb and come with 2 out of the box. Also the new LEd backlit screens are amazing.

If you live near a micro center, you can get the $1299 macbook for $1199. We also have office for $129, and you can get a free cannon mp160 all in on with the purchase of any macbook pro or regular. There will be rebates involved in all this pricing. I use the new 17' at work all the time and love it.

cool. im just worried that if i get it, it might not be able to run certain apps like a pc can. also i've never touched a mac and i know absolutely nothing about them. i know how to use gateway's, dell, and anything that uses xp or vista. i'd like to get the mbp its just im worried im going to take it out and say "oh. how do i use it?" i'll get it and figure it out. thanks to everyone that helped.
    EDIT
    one more question because im used to gateway, will it be hard for me to start using the mbp? thanks!!
    Last edited by xCrAzy-Assx; 06-29-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker maxthemonkey's Avatar
    I have a MB, but I would rather have a MBP!!!

Inactive, well sorta

but if i do end up getting it will it be hard to adjust seeing as ive never touched one in my life?

Junior Member PSP User
    I didn't have any problems adjusting, OSX works great and is very easy to navigate. It's amazing how much better the Macs are.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    My mom have MBP, I think you should get that. You could download a free trial of photoshop. Adobe
    BlackBerry Messenger-30651FFA

If you need anything you can reach me there pretty much always =P

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chris3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by free2rap622 View Post
    My mom have MBP, I think you should get that. You could download a free trial of photoshop. Adobe
    I'm trying so hard not to laugh right now

ok thanks everyone!! im going to try to get the MBP this summer. i know how to crack PS so i dont need the trial, but, will i be able to d/l and use aim or does it come with a chat program? also mac's can run most app's like a pc can right? if not what are some that arent compatible? thanks to everyone that has helped me!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cucucachoo's Avatar
    I use a iBook G4 which i absolutely love. I would like a new MB or Pro but cant afford it.

And to your question about the chat program, yes, OS X come with iChat which is directly connected to aim. You can also use a Jabber account to connect to windows messenger and Yahoo. But if you want a better chat program i would go with Adium. It is a connect to all chat programs app. It's a must check out.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Corpsey's Avatar
    Definately go with the MBP, it'll be worth it. I think it has 30GB more HDD Space(Atleast the last time I bought a MBP) and is so much nicer and faster. It looks a lot sexier, too. You won't regret it. And also, OS X is VERY easy to get used to, I learned most evrything I needed to know the first day I used it. (About 5 hours)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast