Thread: Gizmodo.com's No BS iPhone Review (they're not fans)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Gizmodo.com's No BS iPhone Review (they're not fans) 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chris3d's Avatar
    Apple Fanboys beware, this review is the opposite of anything you would write about the iPhone. They cover the good, the bad...and the plain out ugly.

Apple: No BS iPhone Review - Gizmodo

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Without third party software its going to be pretty limited on what the iPhone can do. Perhaps Apple will do what they did with Dashboard and the Dock: Take someone else's idea and call it their own.

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Anyone else tired of iPhone yet?
    It's been over a week since release, this is dead...
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Quote Originally Posted by NoSmokingBandit View Post
    Without third party software its going to be pretty limited on what the iPhone can do. Perhaps Apple will do what they did with Dashboard and the Dock: Take someone else's idea and call it their own.
    and whose idea's would those have been? Oh yea...Apple's
    Here's a couple history lessons:
    Dock (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dashboard (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    Anyone else tired of iPhone yet?
    It's been over a week since release, this is dead...
    I wouldn't say it's dead quite yet...and nobody made you reply. If you're tired of it, why not just leave it alone...

the point was to make a post with a review after the dust had settled...
    Last edited by Chris3d; 07-09-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Sorry, i meant workspaces instead of dock, i was typing in a hurry and was thinking of other stuff. Although the "stacks" in the 10.5 dock is taken from stardock's Objectdock, which features flyout menus.
    Workspaces are supposed to be included in os 10.5. Workspaces as we all know were an integral part of linux first.
    Konfabulator was the first widget engine. It was designed for osx way back in early 2003. If i remember correctly, dasboard didnt exist until os 10.4, which was released in 2005. So yes, that was not their idea.

The feature that workspace provides has been in pretty much every version of Linux for years now yes, but are we forgetting that OSX is Unix based itself?

Also, Stardock's Objectdock was created in the first place to mimic OSX's Dock....and most people will tell you that Konfabulator is based on Apple's "Desktop Accessories" released in 1984.

Anywho, regardless of what apple did or did not take from other operating systems, this thread is about how much the iPhone sucks.
    I dont like how you get screwed into a 2 year contract. That means you are stuck with the same damn phone for 2 years. After a few weeks the novelty will wear off and people will want something new again.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    first off this post was made with my iPhone, that I am using contract free. Since I run this section, I am going to warn all of you haters once. If you feel the need to post your in experienced views on apple products, do it else where. There are several sites on the web dedicated to hating on apple so take it there. I have no problems deleting your posts or editing them to make you appear to be even more of a jackass.

The phone also gives you OS X in your pocket. Something mac users have been longing for. You PC people have windows mobile, and now we have OS X mobile. If you haven't noticed the device is targeted towards existing mac users more than PC people. I am not completely blinded by the awesomeness, I see the flaws. The biggest being lack of copy and paste support, which I am not sure if WM6 offers, since I do not use it. I do however know that safari on iphone makes IE on WM6 look ancient. like dinosaurs and cavemen ancient. I have not been around to moderate as much lately, but let it be known I am the head of this section and I will bring the wrath down upon you for just hating. If you have input negative/positive leave it tastefully or do not post in my section. I have been here longer than most of you people posting BS. I mean have you guys even had hands on time with one? I own one and it is without a doubt the most advanced pocket device interface ever. When the new one comes out with 3g and bigger storage I will have no problem forking the cheddar to get one. Apple makes great products that are worth the dollars. If you do not like them then post logical reasons why, no just "they suck." That is a statement of inexperience. Like anything there are flaws and I am more than ready to discuss them, but I am not going to deal with garbage like some of the posts found above and in other threads. It is the same users over and over, like I said go join an Apple bashing forum for that kind of crap.

114,000 security threats ready to attack your poor registry, enough said.
    Last edited by urineanus; 07-09-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urineanus View Post
    first off this post was made with my iPhone, that I am using contract free. Since I run this section, I am going to warn all of you haters once. If you feel the need to post your in experienced views on apple products, do it else where. There are several sites on the web dedicated to hating on apple so take it there. I have no problems deleting your posts or editing them to make you appear to be even more of a jackass.
    I second....minus the mod. abilities...lol

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    I don't hate apple, nor do I hate the iPhone.
    I like mac, use a mac, and...well, thats about all I need to say. I use a mac.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Although I would like to come off like I have some whit and product knowledge, I don't. In fact I enjoy just posting whatever will get a response, even when I have no experience with the subject at hand.

I really want an iphone and my parents won't buy it for me and thats why I am so pissed off.
    Last edited by urineanus; 07-10-2007 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    I don't hate apple, nor do I hate the iPhone.
    I like mac, use a mac, and...well, thats about all I need to say. I use a mac.

iphone will not be dead anytime soon. In fact you will start to see phone manufacturers go to open source communities to develop intuitive and ground breaking software to make the next generation of pocket devices. They are not just phones anymore. For a while there have been phones that play music or get on the net, but they did it terribly. Apple has once again come through with a revolutionary product to break the standard mold the industry holds for a device.

I would love to see some ground breaking devices come out running open source stuff. Thats the way it is gong to have to be since MS fights change until they cannot anymore. The surface table is nothing more than a series of programs that make use of the infared hardware running on vista.

The no buttons approach is fantastic. There is no reason with the abilities technology has now that we as consumers should be restricted to physical buttons. This goes for the MS surface as well. The mouse is more than 20 years old, and it might be time for a change. I am interested in the multi-touch mouse Apple has in the works. Just the idea of manipulating something that really is not there as if it was a physical object is astonishing. All the PC vs Mac shit is over rated. The Apple/MS relationship is quite symbiotic.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i like the idea of all my media being in one sleek lil package... but i dont need something that advanced. its a cool ass piece of hardware though
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urineanus View Post
    iphone will not be dead anytime soon. In fact you will start to see phone manufacturers go to open source communities to develop intuitive and ground breaking software to make the next generation of pocket devices. They are not just phones anymore. For a while there have been phones that play music or get on the net, but they did it terribly. Apple has once again come through with a revolutionary product to break the standard mold the industry holds for a device.

I would love to see some ground breaking devices come out running open source stuff. Thats the way it is gong to have to be since MS fights change until they cannot anymore. The surface table is nothing more than a series of programs that make use of the infared hardware running on vista.

The no buttons approach is fantastic. There is no reason with the abilities technology has now that we as consumers should be restricted to physical buttons. This goes for the MS surface as well. The mouse is more than 20 years old, and it might be time for a change. I am interested in the multi-touch mouse Apple has in the works. Just the idea of manipulating something that really is not there as if it was a physical object is astonishing. All the PC vs Mac shit is over rated. The Apple/MS relationship is quite symbiotic.

not typing on a keyboard or not using a mouse could get annoying...the tips of your fingers could start aching...and no mouse would be ridiculous IMO
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

I just mentioned open source phones taking hints from the "next generation" phone, and look what popped up over at Digg.

Compiler - Wired Blogs

I am not gonna start calling it a rip off, I welcome it; and other devices like it. I have been waiting for a big change in the way devices work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast