Thread: Apples special Event

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Apples special Event 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Adz786's Avatar
    Steve Jobs live -- Apple's "The beat goes on" special event - Engadget

Im getting the ipod touch, no doubt. Some will say its better to get the iPhone, but i wouldnt want a phone that big.

Waiting on a video to be posted of the conference.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    the fatty is ugly but the touch screen is cool, with the built in browser. but the price is definetly not worth it. watch here Apple - iPod touch - Guided Tour
    Last edited by Sullivan; 09-05-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cucucachoo's Avatar
    I agree. The price (299) is to much for an 8gig i pod. touch screen or not.
    PSP un-bricking and CFW install in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. PM me for details
    Total PSP's downgraded: 10 - Total Slim CFW Applied: 4 - Total PSP's unbricked: 0
    Visit me at my blog - Cucucachoo.net. I have mostly sexy mobile phone and psp wallpapers here.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Bamhsc's Avatar
    Yeah I'm not sure whether to get the touch or classic since classic has 180 gigs, over 10 times the amount of the touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    Plus, the advert is a girl eating snow...
    +1 for the snow.

the touch is just a novelty that costs out the arse, get the classic if you must get an ipod. The new nano is cool, but once again the prices are a bit out of line. Apple can get away with that, though, because alot of people dont realize that there are alternatives to ipods. Meh, im really not impressed with what they have done. They've added a bunch of cool features, but if they want to charge that much for it they really havent made an advancement, they are just mass-marketing high-end electronics.
    When they make a nano with decent storage and competitive prices i might consider it.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Bamhsc's Avatar
    So then what do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen View Post
    Plus, the advert is a girl eating snow...
    +1 for the snow.

Creative Labs Zen Xtra. Its old, but it cost me $120 for 30gb, which isnt bad, considering its really easy to switch the drive out for something bigger. Creative labs has a superior snr (signal to noise ratio, for those who dont know) when compared to apple which means less static and better sounding music. Check out the Zen series at creativelabs.com. They arent popular, so you wont look as cool when you are listening to it, but i gave up on cool a long time ago.
    Creative labs has made sound cards since the beginning of computers, so you can tell they know how to make stuff sound good. Apple decided to jump on the mp3 player bandwagon after Rio released the Diamond Rio 32m player, which was a huge hit in the late 90's. But apple did what the other companies didnt do: advertise. Very rarely (or ever) do you see an ad for creative labs, or rio, or anyone really. Apple advertised heavily at the right time and got a huge share of the market.
    You would actually be surprised at how many people think ipods are the only portable media player. I could be on the bus listen to my Zen Xtra and somebody would say "what kind of ipod is that?" I would sigh and try to explain it, but alot of people refuse to do research on their own. Thats my $0.02 anyway.
    Very funny....not.

if it has a good browser (must be since it can stream youtube) them im buying it. i already have a 30gig 5gen, but i love that ghetto iphone.

HA! i still have my Diamond Rio 500! In fact, if it still had good support i would probably still be using it.

I do agree with you thought Canada2113. I am always being asked if there are other things than iPods out there (I'm the company gadget geek). And when asked i always suggest the Creative Zen. It just has better windows support, and that means less i have to talk to people. Everyone i have talked to that has windows and an iPod they says its a nightmare trying to get used to iTunes and figure things out. They always wish that WMP worked with it.
    Total PSP's downgraded: 10 - Total Slim CFW Applied: 4 - Total PSP's unbricked: 0
    Visit me at my blog - Cucucachoo.net. I have mostly sexy mobile phone and psp wallpapers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucucachoo View Post
    Everyone i have talked to that has windows and an iPod they says its a nightmare trying to get used to iTunes and figure things out. They always wish that WMP worked with it.
    i find it the other way around. i had a normal mp3 player that i used WMP to transfer music and i found that much more complicated. itunes is so easy, just add youre file to the library and plug in youre ipod, simple as that.

Nik
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nik's Avatar
    Was reading some of the tech specs about the ipod touch and frankly i have been holding off on getting a ipod due too the screen size. But i am disappointed at the 16gb model being the largest they offer. I have a thumb drive with that much room guess i was just hoping for bigger drive.
    PSP 3.03->1.50 1.50->3.40OE
    PS3 Owner With a 200GB Hard Drive and Running Yellow Dog Linux on it.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

http://www.myspace.com/niktc

Quote Originally Posted by Cucucachoo View Post
    HA! i still have my Diamond Rio 500! In fact, if it still had good support i would probably still be using it.

I do agree with you thought Canada2113. I am always being asked if there are other things than iPods out there (I'm the company gadget geek). And when asked i always suggest the Creative Zen. It just has better windows support, and that means less i have to talk to people. Everyone i have talked to that has windows and an iPod they says its a nightmare trying to get used to iTunes and figure things out. They always wish that WMP worked with it.
    I love that Creative doesnt make you rely on iTunes, which in all honestly is a pretty terrible program.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Adz786's Avatar
    iTunes is a brilliant program, so easy to use, excellent for music organisation, which is why i purchased an iPod, because of iTunes.

I've had a Creative Zen Touch before, the sound quality was far superior to any Apple iPod i have used. They are the best with sound quality no doubt. But the music program they gave me with that was terrible. I ended up renaming 5000 of my songs as "Song-Artist" so i lost all track information, this was a good few years ago though. Im happy with my iPod Video, because of the ease of use, its half broken at the moment, the earphone socket went faulty a few days after the warranty ran out.

Anyway, the video of the special event:
    Apple - QuickTime - September 2007 Keynote Address

iTunes is terrible, the only reason people use it is because of the proprietry folder naming within the iPod itself. It used to be the only program that would work with iPods, so people that went with the iPod craze had to use it. Now, much like with the player itself, people dont look for other programs that a better. wxMusik is a great one that i use, so is musikCube, although it is a bit basic. NomadSync is a great zen program, you just point it to a folder you want your player synced to and it automatically updates tages and moves files. The included software never gave me problems though.
    A lot of ipods have low quality earphone jacks. It happened to my friends right before his warranty ran out, so they replaced it.
    Very funny....not.

its half broken at the moment, the earphone socket went faulty a few days after the warranty ran out.
    You should have taken it to a local Apple Store. In most cases they will honor the warranty on a defective part like that. As long as your not months out of warranty that is.

My original iPod mini battery went crappy and it was 3 weeks out of the warranty and the guy replaced it for me anyway. He even changed the color for me from blue to green.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast