Thread: Apple: The new Microsoft?

1. #1 Apple: The new Microsoft? 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP AvengedHarlot1's Avatar
    Wow...........
    i love avenged sevenfold!
    and if you don't like it, you can kiss bender's shiny metal ass.

http://www.myspace.com/alex0725

AIM: AvengedHarlot1

Windows Live Messenger: AvengedHarlot1@live.com

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TheExtra's Avatar
    Er yea that does seem to be the thing going around now with apple leading in most things it does...
    Oddly though i have never owned a Apple product in my life.

I haven't owned anything apple either. I cant stand how proprietery their products are. I thought that article was a good read though. History repeats itself, but hopefully we dont have too many more tech "monopolies."
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chris3d's Avatar
    That article was complete bullshit...
    Last edited by Chris3d; 09-08-2007 at 06:36 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    So what? iPods come with iTunes but you do NOT have to use iTunes to put music on them, you can use any iPod-compatible music player (and there are plenty.)

iPhone has to be connected to iTunes for activation. Big deal. Some other smartphones work the same way but you don't see them bitching about those phones.

So Safari comes with OS X, yeah, MAC IS PROPRIETARY! If you don't want proprietary (i.e. quality, stability, usability) then don't buy a fucking Mac and quit bitching. And at least Safari is decent, not a half-assed attempt like Internet Exploder. Millions of Firefox users can't be wrong.

Also, you CAN run other firmware on your iPod. Just look at Rockbox or iPodLinux. Hell I'm running Rockbox on mine right now! You can't run ANY other firmware on the Zune, it has to be the Zune firmware, also the Zune software is the only software in existence that can sync with the Zune, so the iPod is much more open than the Zune. But you don't see this guy bitching about the Zune.

Finally, other players are just as likely to be stolen as the iPod is. And if you buy music on the Zune marketplace guess where it can be played? Nowhere but the Zune (yeah, I made that mistake.) The simple solution is to just buy the actual CD's and rip them like I do, then you never have to worry about compatibility. I've got over 10,000 songs and they're almost all ripped and will play on anything I want them to.

This guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. He's just another Apple-bashing idiot.
    Last edited by DarkED; 09-08-2007 at 06:54 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chris3d's Avatar
    Exactly!
    lol...thanks for taking the time to type it out

Hes not bashing apple. The last paragraph he says he supports apple. So yeah.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP nigeluno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkED View Post
    So what? iPods come with iTunes but you do NOT have to use iTunes to put music on them, you can use any iPod-compatible music player (and there are plenty.)

iPhone has to be connected to iTunes for activation. Big deal. Some other smartphones work the same way but you don't see them bitching about those phones.

So Safari comes with OS X, yeah, MAC IS PROPRIETARY! If you don't want proprietary (i.e. quality, stability, usability) then don't buy a fucking Mac and quit bitching. And at least Safari is decent, not a half-assed attempt like Internet Exploder. Millions of Firefox users can't be wrong.

Also, you CAN run other firmware on your iPod. Just look at Rockbox or iPodLinux. Hell I'm running Rockbox on mine right now! You can't run ANY other firmware on the Zune, it has to be the Zune firmware, also the Zune software is the only software in existence that can sync with the Zune, so the iPod is much more open than the Zune. But you don't see this guy bitching about the Zune.

Finally, other players are just as likely to be stolen as the iPod is. And if you buy music on the Zune marketplace guess where it can be played? Nowhere but the Zune (yeah, I made that mistake.) The simple solution is to just buy the actual CD's and rip them like I do, then you never have to worry about compatibility. I've got over 10,000 songs and they're almost all ripped and will play on anything I want them to.

This guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. He's just another Apple-bashing idiot.
    I love the passion that we all present on this topic, all this is, is a show of how capitalism works, how to build a better mice trap and all, you are right DarkED, you can use what you like and there are ones that you can't do with what you like (cough....Zune) the iPhone and the Ipod have been hacked not to mention the hacks for the MAC. I must say that Steve Jobs did a great job of bringing Apple back from the dead, because a lot of people forgot that Microsoft owned a part of Apple at one time, to be a industry leader and to show that don't have to do what others tell you to do
    Last edited by nigeluno; 09-08-2007 at 02:59 PM.
    God made man but the Moneys applied the glue

It funny (as in ironic) that the claims made against ms a few years ago are now pushed onto apple. Like you said nigeluno, its capitalism here in the u.s. and thats they way it works.
    On a side note, DarkED is the last person i would expect to see sticking up for a proprietary, closed-source business such as apple, seeing as you love linux to death and all.
    Very funny....not.

Member PSP User Master of Cthulhu's Avatar
    the reason he sticks up for apple is the same reason all apple users like apple. yes, itunes is clunky on a windows machine. then again, windows media player is clunky on a windows machine. apple has a history of putting out good, top of the line products for less than an equivalent windows machine. hell, the new windows system, vista, costs $400 for an operating system that does the same thing as a $125 apple system. plus, there are definitely other music players and ipod syncers for apple besides itunes. hell, i don't use itunes!! and as for saying a zune being better than an ipod, is like saying a square tire rolls better than a round one. utter bullshit!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Corpsey's Avatar
    'Cause you can totally use your Zune without the Piece of shit Zune Software that happens to be WINDOWS ONLY.