Thread: Possibilites for mods?

1. #1 Possibilites for mods? 
    Are macs easy to modify in general?...atleast compared to PC's. I was thinking about boosting my ram and my video card and i was just wondering if the possibilities are endless in terms of what types of cards i can use or memory. Can i use any memory or do i have to use a mac one, cause macs only come in 1gig and i was hoping to put a 2gig in? What types of graphics cards would be compatible with macs or it dont matter?

p.s. i have a black macbook with 2 gigs of ram already. i wanted to make it better for gaming since the intel graphics card is horrible.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker maxthemonkey's Avatar
    i no that you can give macbooks more ram, cos my white one now has 2 gig too but dunno bout graphics cards

Inactive, well sorta

Junior Member PSP User SugarD-x's Avatar
    For any laptop, including Mac-based, there's not much you can easily do beyond upgrades. For desktops though, they are *ALMOST* as moddable as PC's, with some obvious exceptions on the hardware side.

Member PSP User Master of Cthulhu's Avatar
    nope, no new graphics card for you. the integrated chip cannot be replaced, and there is no expansion slot for a new card

Junior Member 1st-class SOLDIER's Avatar
    i have a macbook too but if i were you, just get alienware, theyre the best comps to play games

Junior Member PSP User
    1st-class soldier: You have no idea what you're talking about... Alienware=Dell... You shouldn't really be expecting to game with a Macbook as awesome as it is. Just leave the gaming to a desktop PC and other stuff to your mac. I hope you have a fairly current gaming PC :P The onboard graphics on the macbook is soldered in, so obviously there's no replacing it. You could obviously upgrade RAM and hard drive and battery and whatnot, but not much more than that.
    Stop calling my psp fat, it just has a bigger frame than most

Junior Member 1st-class SOLDIER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pink horse View Post
    1st-class soldier: You have no idea what you're talking about... Alienware=Dell...
    i know he's talking about a mac, he did say he wanted to make it better for gaming, as i was saying get an alienware instead, do u even know what an alienware is? or even tried playing games on it? guess not. its too expensive for u anyway

im not really sure about graphics but depending on your version, laptops can go to 2gb while the desktop macs are up to 4+gigs of ram
    Last edited by 1st-class SOLDIER; 12-24-2007 at 08:02 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Oh god, i thought this was gonna be another moderator flaming thread.. where the members push the admin to make more moderators.

im fed up of XP, never moddied it but Macs have a slick kind of feel to them

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nosympathy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pink horse View Post
    1st-class soldier: You have no idea what you're talking about... Alienware=Dell... You shouldn't really be expecting to game with a Macbook as awesome as it is. Just leave the gaming to a desktop PC and other stuff to your mac. I hope you have a fairly current gaming PC :P The onboard graphics on the macbook is soldered in, so obviously there's no replacing it. You could obviously upgrade RAM and hard drive and battery and whatnot, but not much more than that.
    There are plenty of good laptops for gaming, specially a fully decked out macbook pro. And btw...the new macbook if u have it fully upgraded, does decent with games.
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM free2rap622: i know
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: stuff aint cheap, but it'll give you cfw...
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: means u need alotta 24K gold
    grayfox_snake: u write inglish fine
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: yeah
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM Nosympathy: and the smallest penis
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: nick nack paddy whack i still got the biggest sack

To kill off this stupid AlienWare=Dell argument:

Yes, unfortunately AlienWare is now owned by Dell. Yes, Dell computers pretty much suck. I own 2 of them so don't start an argue with me on it. I have enough experience to tell you that not only are Dell's not worth buying for the average user, if any, even for the price, but that this also isn't the time and place to begin that, so I'll shut up on it now. As for AlienWare, yes, Dell owns them but they have yet to screw them up as of the time of this post. Yes, AlienWare computers are just about the best gaming computers out there. Yes, Dell's are definitely not made for gamers. And last but not least, NO, Dell DOESN'T = AlienWare. Dells OWNS the AlienWare company, but that doesn't make them the same people working on the same hardware for the same computers. Thanks for listening.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    The newest macbook revisions use the x3100 chipset and a santa rosa processor, meaning they are upgradeable to 4gb of RAM. However, I do agree that although Macs can run windows, PC games are best left to PCs. I have a 360 and a PS3 so I dont have need to play games on my computer. Get a PC for gaming only and never connect it to the internet, then have a mac for everything else.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Dustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st-class SOLDIER View Post
    i know he's talking about a mac, he did say he wanted to make it better for gaming, as i was saying get an alienware instead, do u even know what an alienware is? or even tried playing games on it? guess not. its too expensive for u anyway

im not really sure about graphics but depending on your version, laptops can go to 2gb while the desktop macs are up to 4+gigs of ram
    man my dell desktop could out run almost ANY alienware, omen pc, it doesnt matter what company it comes from, its all about the parts and stuff, so if your going to help then tell him where to find parts and what not, dont tell him to get a new pc, because its obviously new, and where do you get off someone cant afford something? its the internet go get a life.and try Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! or TigerDirect.com Best Deals - Computer Parts, PC Components, Computers & Electronics they have a big selection and are in stock with some of the latest and hottest items. goodluck
    Last edited by Dustin; 12-29-2007 at 10:51 PM.

PSP History - 3.03>Pandora>1.50>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>3.71 M33-4>BRICKED>1.50>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-4+1.50Kernal>3.80 M33> 3.80 M33-2
    "God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. -Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by urineanus View Post
    The newest macbook revisions use the x3100 chipset and a santa rosa processor, meaning they are upgradeable to 4gb of RAM. However, I do agree that although Macs can run windows, PC games are best left to PCs. I have a 360 and a PS3 so I dont have need to play games on my computer. Get a PC for gaming only and never connect it to the internet, then have a mac for everything else.
    Actually, it would be smart to connect it to update it. Some of those updates help with compatibility issues ALOT, and besides, what's a gaming PC if you can't game online?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarD-x View Post
    Actually, it would be smart to connect it to update it. Some of those updates help with compatibility issues ALOT, and besides, what's a gaming PC if you can't game online?
    If you stayed off the internet with windows you would not be susceptible to malicious attacks and therefore would not need to update so much, seeing as the internet security updates would be pointless. To be honest I don't see what the point of having a gaming PC is at all. You have to drop an ass load of money to get the high end components so that you can run the latest games on higher settings. Then two months later, you may have to upgrade those components to fully enjoy the next game. Thats why I refer consoles, I know that every 360 game will work in my 360; until it RRODs on me.