Thread: Hackintosh Help

1. #1 Hackintosh Help 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    I'm having some hang ups on the hackintosh I have made out of an Acer 3680 laptop.

I cannot seem to get the wifi to work. I have tried JAS 10.4.7 and uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.4i. I have scoured uphuck's forum and insanely Mac's OS X86 section looking for any answer.

The card is mini pci and works off a hardware switch under windows. However under Mandriva linux the switch does not turn on and off and the card works after configuration so I know there has to be away to egt it working since it is not dependent on the switch while in linux.

I have tried the en0 /en1 trick

I have edited my IOnetwork info.plist every way I can think.

I even took the mini pci AIrport (atheros) out of my mini and put it in the acer I also but the broadcom 4311 from the acer in the mini, and the mini got on my network.

No such luck with the acer.

I tried taping over pin #20 on the card to trick the pci slot into always sending power to the card. no go.

I treid the 10.4.5 IO8211Family.kext modification ( no go )

The card does not show up in system profiler at all. Some people have said you have to hold or toggle the switch during boot to get the card to turn on. I have tried this several times, and if it does work it is all about timing: and I cannot get it down right.

So if you know hackintosh lets talk.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker maxthemonkey's Avatar
    sadly mate, i think you are by FAR the most knowledgeable about macs...

i will ask my dad tho, he is up on mac hacking too...

Inactive, well sorta

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Networking on a hackintosh is a nightmare. Ask the guys on the osx86project.org forum. If they cant help, nobody can.
    Very funny....not.

I needed a new laptop but did could not drop $1200 so I got a cheapo acer 3680 that is a dream in linux. I decided to do a OS x86 partition to see how this side of the fence is.

Let me tell you it is nothing like a mac, nothing "just works". With my knowledge of the OS I got the audio, sleep, power management down. I also gave in and bought a cheap USB wifi adapter that works in OS X and installed it. I was hoping to use the OS X partition as my main OS, but it is looking like it is going to be much easier to use the linux side.

Yes I just said that, linux is easier to use that OS X, well OS X86. I think I may compile my own custom install disc specifically for this machine if I can get it working a little better.

I would still like to get these things working-

internal wifi
    internal bluetooth
    adobe flash player (installs and makes browsers crash and OS has kernel panic on reboot)

Safely upgrade 10.4.7 to .10 (Trying this a couple of times made me have to do full reinstalls, so fuck that for now)

I believe I have re-installed at least 15 times in a week.

Friends don't let friends hackintosh. I have more admiration for my mac now than ever.

When i was setting up my hackintosh i had to reinstall a million times just because of something stupid. Its definitely not for the faint of heart. Im no programmer, but you would think it would be easy to port linux drivers to osx seeing as its based on bsd.
    Very funny....not.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    but you would think it would be easy to port linux drivers to osx seeing as its based on bsd.
    exactly, you would think

but you would be sorely mistaken

its a bitch, huh?
    Very funny....not.