will Leopard be free to me?

if not, how much will it be in £

cheers

Max1395

Inactive, well sorta

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    probably 70 pounds.......

Why not try Linux? Its free
    Silver PSP1000 with double X2 3600mAh batteries and Go!cam running 3.52M33-4 with NYKO Charger Grips (psp on 2200mAh batteries) and a 4GB Sandisk Gaming MS Pro Duo, accompanied by a 120GB Hyperdrive Space.... You gotta love it

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    most of the new feature in leopard can be found in linux anyway. As long as you dont need to use certain programs like Photoshop and stuff linux shall be good for you.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker maxthemonkey's Avatar
    well sadly photoshop is my second most used program, after COD2 which i dont think you can use on linux anyways...

Inactive, well sorta

could always try to get it the pirate way. although i dont recommend that with OS's.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker maxthemonkey's Avatar
    no
    so £70?

wen is it out?

Inactive, well sorta

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cucucachoo's Avatar
    No you will have to buy your copy of Leopard. The only time they discount it for new purchases is when you buy a new machine within a few weeks of the new OS release. Same goes with software like iLife, iWork, and the Pro Apps.

It will be out next month. Not sure which date but i believe it will be on a Tuesday.
    PSP un-bricking and CFW install in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. PM me for details
    Total PSP's downgraded: 10 - Total Slim CFW Applied: 4 - Total PSP's unbricked: 0
    Visit me at my blog - Cucucachoo.net. I have mostly sexy mobile phone and psp wallpapers here.

If you love Photoshop you should give Gimp a try. You dont even have to install it, just download and burn a nice LiveCD that has Gimp. If i remember correctly it comes standard with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn which is a very new-to-linux-user friendly system.
    Silver PSP1000 with double X2 3600mAh batteries and Go!cam running 3.52M33-4 with NYKO Charger Grips (psp on 2200mAh batteries) and a 4GB Sandisk Gaming MS Pro Duo, accompanied by a 120GB Hyperdrive Space.... You gotta love it

Ewww, oh god the gimp is bad. You cant compare it to photoshop at all...
    Ubuntu is ok, i've not had much luck with it. I hear PCLinuxOS is very good. Either way, i cant live without photoshop either, so no linux for me right now.

Leopard is supposed to be out in October i think. They havent given a specific date yet, i guess that way they cant miss the deadline.
    Last edited by Canada2113; 09-20-2007 at 10:36 PM.
    Very funny....not.

Linux on a PC is great. Especially since your only real option for a different OS is Windows. But to put Linux on a Mac would be like putting an interior of a Ford Pinto inside a Ferrari.

And as far as graphics go. Gimp has nothing on Photoshop, execpt that its free.
    Total PSP's downgraded: 10 - Total Slim CFW Applied: 4 - Total PSP's unbricked: 0
    Visit me at my blog - Cucucachoo.net. I have mostly sexy mobile phone and psp wallpapers here.

how can you compare linux to a pinto? Linux is customizable out the arse. OSX, not so much. Linux is open source, completely non-proprietary whereas apple computers are 100% closed source uber proprietary machines that make all the choices for you.
    Very funny....not.

Well I,m not comparing the car to the OS its self. Maybe that was a bad analogy.

But just ease of use you can't compare the two. When I ran linux i couldn't tell you how many time i would have to recompile the kernel just because i wanted to do something new. Customizing the gui for me was making it look like OS X. But i never had the operational feel of OS X.

When i used linux i totally used linux also. So this wasn't a Live CD experiment. I actually had a winbook relabeled LinBook, and while i used it things worked but not as well as i needed them too. Like i said above, just to install a program i had to jump through more hoops than i ever did with Windows. Configure, make, make install, install, bla bla bla. It drove me wacky! Now with OS X its a simple drop and drag of a icon. To uninstall, drag and drop. Nothing more nothing less.

And the reason Macs are proprietary is for the fact that they are so user friendly. When you only have 2 or 3 graphics cards to choose from for your OS. Things are going to work excellent. But when you have a OS (windows) that has hundreds of manufactures making cards. Your results will vary no matter what.

Not saying that Linux isn't a capable OS. But i just don't think it is good choice for a Mac. Pc on the other hand, if you can get used to the hoops. By all means get rid of windows and make the switch to the penguin.

And in all honesty, I have seen some kick ass Pintos in my car show days.

SWEET! **of course this is a pic i found on the net.**

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    Linux vs Mac is unnecessary guys.

Install VMware and run mandriva or Dream linux. Those are two good distros. Linux has a great add/remove app installer that fetches packages for you. The only reason I would not condone pirating an Apple OS is that I really like their work and feel that it is worth the $129. However, since there are no serials or CD keys to nag you with during the install, they make it very easy to bootleg their software.

Maybe I should not toot my horn on being a good little Apple consumer, this post was made with my hackintosh. So much for that EULA.

Sweet ass pinto right thar.
    Most programs can be found in a .deb or .rpm anymore, so compiling from source doesnt happen often. If linux would get the support of major software manufacturers *cough*ADOBE*cough* it would be the greatest os ever made.
    Apple has its customers thinking that choice is bad. I dont want to be limited in my hardware choices. If i am going to spend money on a computer im going to get the exact parts i want, not the limited choices the operating system permits me to get.
    Linux is just as stable as osx and can use almost any hardware (ati cards are still a pain). It all comes down to drivers. Linux drivers are open source (most of them) and thus can be changed and reviewed quickly and effectively by thousands of people. Windows drivers are kept closed source by the vendor and that causes errors because its a small team working on the dirver. OSX solves this problem by just not supporting a large amount of hardware. Thats fine if you like the minimal choices they give you, but i like choices.
    I saw an orange pinto with green and orange plaid interior at a car show once. Looked like sex. Then i saw that it had a bored out 302 in it with a sweet offset cam. I pooped my pants on the spot.
    Very funny....not.

Are you guys all telling me that you all paid 650 bucks for photoshop for home use? I mean, i can understand that you wouldnt be caught dead behind Gimp at work (although you could since it does support CMYK), but trust me for simple home use it isnt that bad at all... And if you DO need photoshop for commercial use or whatever i believe your boss should pay it for you with a decent system to run it on so there would be no question about what 'OS' you could use best on your private system.....

I stiill vote for linux