Thread: Xbox 360 firmware hack with a Mac?

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 Xbox 360 firmware hack with a Mac? 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21
    I'm searching but can't find anything. Does anyone know how to update the DVD ROM firmware on the 360 with a Mac? Please point me in the right direction.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,728
    VMware fusion / bootcamp
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Junior Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21
    cool, thanks. I was trying to avoid windows but it looks like I cant. My other concern is that the DVD ROM in the 360 is Sata and I will have to use a USB to Sata bridge so I can connect it to my Mac. I don't know how well that will work. Fortunately the bridge is less than $30 so I guess it's worth a try.
    Thanks

    On a side note, I just noticed that you're from Texas. I'm in Austin. I would say Hook'em Horns, but I'm an LSU fan.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Like a Microsoft product (Suckbox360) would let you do anything to it while "avoiding" Windows. Hope you don't get the RROD.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigasshammm View Post
    Like a Microsoft product (Suckbox360) would let you do anything to it while "avoiding" Windows. Hope you don't get the RROD.
    Way to bump the thread :P

    Quote Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
    cool, thanks. I was trying to avoid windows but it looks like I cant. My other concern is that the DVD ROM in the 360 is Sata and I will have to use a USB to Sata bridge so I can connect it to my Mac. I don't know how well that will work. Fortunately the bridge is less than $30 so I guess it's worth a try.
    Thanks

    On a side note, I just noticed that you're from Texas. I'm in Austin. I would say Hook'em Horns, but I'm an LSU fan.
    You cannot use a usb to sata bridge while modding the 360, 90% of the drives don't support it. You'll most likely need a PCI sata card, don't know if thats available in mac.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,728
    you can get a pci SATA card for any mac tower, but your SOL with a notebook/imac/or mini. As much omney as you could save with a flashed 360, the absence of xbox live is a deal breaker with me. Althouh I have heard some reports of being able to play on lve just fine. I'd rather not void my warranty on an unreliable product.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by urineanus View Post
    you can get a pci SATA card for any mac tower, but your SOL with a notebook/imac/or mini. As much omney as you could save with a flashed 360, the absence of xbox live is a deal breaker with me. Althouh I have heard some reports of being able to play on lve just fine. I'd rather not void my warranty on an unreliable product.
    You can play 100% fine, you just have to wait for dashboard updates because you'll need a new hacked firmware, but dashboard updates don't happen a lot.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. How to hack 3.90 firmware??
    By KuroskiEdo in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
  2. Why Hack Firmware When..
    By dj vega in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 01:54 AM
  3. Why Hack Firmware When..
    By dj vega in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 01:54 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •