Thread: Hackintosh Assistance

1. #1 Hackintosh Assistance 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Got 10.4.10 Kalyway running today which is easily the best osx86 release yet. Anyway, most of my hardware works (havent gotten to test everything, but so far everything is a go. Even my wireless works great, even though it took a little tweaking) so now im looking at customizing everything. Those of you who know me know i hate apple and everything they do, but osx is one freaking sweet os, i love how everything is stardardized. In windows programs do things about 18 different ways, in osx theres like 2 ways of doing things which is really cool. Anywho, on to business...
    Theres a script that changes the cmd key from alt to ctrl so us windows people are more comfortable, the bad thing is i cant find it. If anyone knows where to find stuff like this point me there. Im also looking for a script that makes the zoom button act like the windows maximize button. I konw that exists because i was talking to a guy who had done it, but once
    again i fail at finding stuff.
    Third (this list is going to be long, mind you) i need to find the official tiger icon set. Shapeshifter was installed by default but it only includes the leopard set (ironically it was named 'liger', i lol'd) which is cool, but i want to see what the tiger set looks like on it.
    Fourth, Im looking for a dvd ripper. Mac The Ripper was installed by default, but it doesnt let me choose what chapter i want very easily. I need something thats fast (obviously... The one i used in windows would encode dvd to avi in just over real-time, so something that speed or better would be wonderful) and lets me choose individual chapters with subtitle on/off and all that jazz.
    Next, i wanted to add my Apps folder to the dock, which worked, but i was left with an ugly shotcut icon that was, well, ugly, which is against the mac way of doing things. I tried putting Overflow in the dock, but it took a crap on me and wont load now. Is there any way to make a drawer kind of thing that holds all the app folder but doesnt look like shit?
    I think thats it for now. Thanks for any help you may offer.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Chris3d's Avatar
    no 10.5.1 Hackintosh for you?

my processor only supports sse2, so no leopard for me.
    I got the cmd key fix, so check that off the list. But now i'd like to know how to change a network drive icon. the ntfs3g driver mounts my ntfs partitions as network drives so i cant change the icon for some reason. So i either need to change a network drive icon or mount the ntfs drive as local. Neither of which i know how to do.
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    For someone that hates all things apple you sure are hyped to get OS X, Apple's bread and butter.

OSX is a good os, but i still hate apple. I still want my hardware. And i got it I'll never deny that a unix based system is the way to go, but steve jobs is still a douchebag and ill never pay for mac hardware/os's.

So yeah, no help so far, but i did get the whole icon thing down. Thats checked off the list.
    Very funny....not.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    OSX is a good os, but i still hate apple. I still want my hardware. And i got it I'll never deny that a unix based system is the way to go, but steve jobs is still a douchebag and ill never pay for mac hardware/os's.

You know there are entire forums dedicated to OS X86. Making your own OS X install disc that is tailored to your specific hardware is no doubt the best way to go.

Dont' call someone a douchebag without the means to back it up. Without Steve Jobs, you wouldn't have that computer you have today...how about giving the man a little respect.

Here
    Have a history lesson....
    Last edited by Chris3d; 12-06-2007 at 06:01 PM.

I know the history of computers and all that jazz, but this thread isnt for talking about that, i asked for help and so far theres only been snide comments.
    As far as im concerned:
    /thread
    Very funny....not.

For your icon problem, I recommend simply changing the icons. You can find plenty of OS X Tiger icons by searching google, or DeviantArt has a bunch of them. To go back to a full tiger look and feel, can you not uninstall shapeshifter?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker maxthemonkey's Avatar
    I swear that it was wozniak that wrote mac OS? and Jobs was just the salesman!?

Inactive, well sorta