Thread: MAcbook Air is the hotness

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 MAcbook Air is the hotness 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    The new macbook is damn sexy and ridiculously thin. The name is stupid, the notebook is not.

1.8ghz core 2 duo. Intel has revamped the chip to make it as thick as a nickel and as wide as a dime. There is no optical drive in this guy and the screen is LED backlit; making for 5 hours of battery life. Includes 802.11N and bluetooth. 80gb hard drive from an ipod or a 64gb SSD (costs extra of course). Comes with software to install to your desktop mac or PC to share its optical drive over the network with MBA. Starts at $1799 two weeks from today. Anyone want to buy a PS3, PSP, g4 ibook, or my kidney?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

the store is back up and here are some official snaps

Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    2GB memory
    80GB 4200-rpm PATA hard drive1
    Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi2 and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    Ships: 2-3 weeks
    Free Shipping
    $1,799.00
    or as low as $43 a month

Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    2GB memory
    64GB solid-state hard drive1
    Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi2 and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    Ships: 2-3 weeks
    Free Shipping
    $3,098.00

WOW crossing the $3000 threshold, screw SSD just to costly for now. The other version however......... nice.

Do the side ports, and bottom shape in general, remind anyone else of the original ibook? Finding pic for reference.

Other than this macworld was pretty uneventful. Steve showed off the new iphone software update that didn't do anything that I have not been able to do with my hacked phone for months. In fact things like the find me feature that works off wifi hotspots and cell tower location, was almost identical navizon's faux GPS app. The new home screen customization was exactly like summer board d 2.0, verbatim sans the icon "shake". Apple TV got an update that no one cared about because ATV is a proprietary piece of shit that only likes media that is DRMed to the gills. Sure you can handbrake or crunch convert all your media to the ONE video format it supports but fuck that, spend less money and get more support from an XBMC.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

one more thing..........

Apple - MacBook Air

sorry
    Last edited by urineanus; 01-15-2008 at 07:08 PM.

I'm double posting, it's my section dammit, I exceeded the image limit.

I totally forgot about time capsule. Time capsule is a hard drive a airport base station in one. This will allow you to back-up all your macs to one drive. As you may know network drives have not been officially supported with time machine, until now.

I am pretty excited about this. I never bought an airport base station before because they really never had an advantage over other routers with the same features and smaller price tags. I REALLY wish they would provide 4 LAN ports like pretty much every other router. I prefer to go wired since I run several machine and do all sorts of network transferring, and I off load final cut processing to other machines on the network, but whatever.

$299 for 500gb
    $499 for 1TB

very aggressive pricing

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Damn you Microsoft! Release me from Your Beastly clutches now!

That is some hawt Stuff there! me likes

Look at how thin and clean looking it is !

And the Time Capsule is a sweet idea, nice. More Lovin' from apple....
    Last edited by Andromeda; 01-15-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

The fine folks at engadget got a hands on, bastards.

I'll be posting ebay links to all the shit I am selling later today, damn you steve you got me zombified again.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

should probably go ahead and drop some negative features

-ram is not upgradeable and is probably soldered on to the board, which the board is super tiny.

-battery is not user replaceable/swappable a'la iphone

I like how they are not secured down at the demo table, that thing would have been down my pants with the quickness.
    Last edited by urineanus; 01-15-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Err, im practically taking a Fit because of these pics...

Price is a bit steep, but its worth it for Apple... i <3 Apple

And obviouly it will have all the basics, bootcamp etc...?

One downfall is theres only one USB 2.0 Port...Right now ive got my Mobile Phone, iPod and PSP in my USB ports just now...

Please, everyone pray for me while i go Sweet talk my folks...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

that is sexy. i need one. its so damn thin!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cucucachoo's Avatar
    yeah i creamed my shorts on this one.

One cool thing is that there is no optical drive. To solve the problem of loading software via an optical drive they are using a special program that is windows and mac compatible that allows the Macbook Air to hijack the optical drive and use it through the wireless N network. Now that is freaking sweet
    PSP un-bricking and CFW install in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. PM me for details
    Total PSP's downgraded: 10 - Total Slim CFW Applied: 4 - Total PSP's unbricked: 0
    Visit me at my blog - Cucucachoo.net. I have mostly sexy mobile phone and psp wallpapers here.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    its sexy but cmon

1 USB port
    gotta buy the optical drive???

its nice but not worth 1800 bucks. i never thought comps should be so much money
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Its cool, but with no cd/dvd drive it would be useless to me (and most people).
    1 usb, no mic in, and no ethernet ports kinda kill the cool factor in my book. I'd rather spend half as much and get a laptop that i can acutally use, even it it does wiegh a few more pounds.
    It is sexy though.
    Very funny....not.

I am pretty sure the market is going to see a whole field of these true wireless notebooks. When you are at home you can use another machine optical drive to install software. I have never been out and about carrying install CDs with my notebook that has an optical drive. I can live with one USB port, Hub anyone? What does suck is the non-inclusion of a FW400 port, bad Apple! It fits in a fucking envelope!! Yes Please!!

this is sick, but it sucks you spend $1800 and if you want an optical drive you have to buy that too... thanks apple...
    Today is my first day... I just got a silver PSP

Quote Originally Posted by urineanus View Post
    I am pretty sure the market is going to see a whole field of these true wireless notebooks. When you are at home you can use another machine optical drive to install software. I have never been out and about carrying install CDs with my notebook that has an optical drive. I can live with one USB port, Hub anyone? What does suck is the non-inclusion of a FW400 port, bad Apple! It fits in a fucking envelope!! Yes Please!!
    Scenario:
    You are a businessman who travels alot. You want to buy a light, powerful laptop so you can carry it everywhere without lugging around alot of weight. You buy the mac air (it is a really stupid name) because it fits all of these criteria. So now you go to a meeting where you are given a cd with an outline for a future project. On the plane ride home you decide to throw the cd in your mac and see whats going on. Oh yeah, thats right, THERES NO OPTICAL DRIVE! So then you think, thats cool, ill just watch this dvd i picked up at walmart on my way to the airport. Just wait.... aww shit THERES NO OPTICAL DRIVE!
    Very funny....not.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Heh, I'm more excited about the new AirBase than the MacBook Air. I think it's really cool that it has a harddrive embeded in it, so it's easier to use in homes with multiple computers.

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyf View Post
    Damn you Microsoft! Release me from Your Beastly clutches now!

That is some hawt Stuff there! me likes

Look at how thin and clean looking it is !

And the Time Capsule is a sweet idea, nice. More Lovin' from apple....
    Microsofts not doing so good right now.....

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash2000 View Post
    Microsofts not doing so good right now.....
    Haha...... Okay.

I like the Mac Air's hair-strand-thin design. I'll give it that. But it's way over-priced, and it's lacking at that.
    I'd love to use more than 2GB of RAM, and a HDD bigger than 80GB (and not PATA so that it remains useful for some time), a chip that's 2.0 GHz. But I can't with a Mac Air.
    With the 1.8GHz CPU, it costs more than the 15 inch MPB, which makes one wonder what the hell anyone would want the Air for. MBP has much better performance, and features...
    It just doesn't make sense to me. Mac cut so much out of the system in the hopes that it's design and Mac name will draw everyone to it, such as the lackluster graphics, and the battery that you can't remove, and the lack of an optical drive and lowered connectivity, but they've crippled the computer, yet pumped up the price.
    You could get a much better Apple computer for either $200 more, or $1000 less.
    And maybe it's just me, but I find what's under the hood to be a bit more important than how thin it is. Like, it really awesome that it's so thin, but I'd take a laptop that's another quarter inch thicker yet had great specs over a paper thin Commodore 64 any day.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast