in a couple of days ill receive the itouch, could you other members tell me what method you used to jailbreak it?
is ziphone a good program?
and if i dont jailbreak it, i heard that the itouch cannot be used on other computers besides the original one connected...this true?
is this a good tutorial?---------------
1) Check what firmware you are on right now.
If you are on 1.1.4 firmware already, go on to step 2.
If you are on 1.1.1 - 1.1.3 firmware, than you need to restore your iTouch to the 1.1.4 firmware. All you have to do is connect your iTouch to your computer and click restore in iTunes (do NOT shift click, just a normal, standard left click). when it asks, say that you want to restore and update your iTouch. After iTunes has finished the restore, you should be on an unjailbroken 1.1.4 iTouch.
2) Download and extract the latest version of ZiPhone from ZiPhone's Blog. Make sure the version is at least 2.6.
3) Run ZiPhone with your iTouch plugged in, it doesn't matter if iTunes is running right now. Click on where it says Jailbreak iPod Touch. MAKE SURE YOU CLICK IPOD TOUCH, NOT IPHONE.
4) Be sure to close ZiPhone just after you see the messages saying it will take 45 seconds to finish (if you don't, ZiPhone will restart you iTouch and start jailbreaking it again. It will try to jailbreak it again.) If you don't close it in time and it starts jailbreaking again, just wait till it says that it will take 45 more seconds and then close it. It won't hurt your iTouch to jailbreak twice.
5) well, this isn't really a step 5, but congrats, you now have a jailbroken 1.1.4 iTouch.
To get a working Customize for 1.1.3/4, add my repository: http://lightmaster.tech.googlepages.com/repo.xml, then install the modified Customize inside the folder "lightmaster's apps".