Thread: jailbreaking the 8gb itouch...

1. #1 jailbreaking the 8gb itouch... 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP leeishom's Avatar
    in a couple of days ill receive the itouch, could you other members tell me what method you used to jailbreak it?

is ziphone a good program?

and if i dont jailbreak it, i heard that the itouch cannot be used on other computers besides the original one connected...this true?

is this a good tutorial?---------------

1) Check what firmware you are on right now.
    If you are on 1.1.4 firmware already, go on to step 2.
    If you are on 1.1.1 - 1.1.3 firmware, than you need to restore your iTouch to the 1.1.4 firmware. All you have to do is connect your iTouch to your computer and click restore in iTunes (do NOT shift click, just a normal, standard left click). when it asks, say that you want to restore and update your iTouch. After iTunes has finished the restore, you should be on an unjailbroken 1.1.4 iTouch.

2) Download and extract the latest version of ZiPhone from ZiPhone's Blog. Make sure the version is at least 2.6.

3) Run ZiPhone with your iTouch plugged in, it doesn't matter if iTunes is running right now. Click on where it says Jailbreak iPod Touch. MAKE SURE YOU CLICK IPOD TOUCH, NOT IPHONE.

4) Be sure to close ZiPhone just after you see the messages saying it will take 45 seconds to finish (if you don't, ZiPhone will restart you iTouch and start jailbreaking it again. It will try to jailbreak it again.) If you don't close it in time and it starts jailbreaking again, just wait till it says that it will take 45 more seconds and then close it. It won't hurt your iTouch to jailbreak twice.

5) well, this isn't really a step 5, but congrats, you now have a jailbroken 1.1.4 iTouch.

To get a working Customize for 1.1.3/4, add my repository: http://lightmaster.tech.googlepages.com/repo.xml, then install the modified Customize inside the folder "lightmaster's apps".
    my contributed help to pspmod members...
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...rgently-2.html

princejack: this my last quest.. gf tryin to reach me.
    princejack: hahahaha
    leeishom: ?
    Wolveus: tell her "bitch its monster hunter time"
    leeishom: LMAO
    Sinew: lol

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    You can use the touch on other pc's it'll just be re-synced

With the 8GB you can auto-jailbreak it, upgrade to 1.1.4, if it's not already, and download ziphone. It's basically automatic, you put it into recovery mode (forget if the program does it or not) and it does it by itself.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Well im still on 1.1.2 jailbroken. Ill be moving to 1.1.4 jailbroken soon, but im sure i saw an source that installs it for you in installer. It upgrades it from 1.1.2 jailbroken to 1.1.4 jailbroken but the process will take about 30 mins "Depending on your connection) but it would be easier.
    If i find the source ill reply if you want it.
    good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nosympathy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Well im still on 1.1.2 jailbroken. Ill be moving to 1.1.4 jailbroken soon, but im sure i saw an source that installs it for you in installer. It upgrades it from 1.1.2 jailbroken to 1.1.4 jailbroken but the process will take about 30 mins "Depending on your connection) but it would be easier.
    If i find the source ill reply if you want it.
    good luck.
    wooooooooooah no...that way of getting to 1.1.4 was the "desperate" way for 16gb and 32gb users till the ziphone 2.6b came out. You want to restore to 1.1.4 and use ziphone 2.6b, or if a new one is out, that one, and just click jailbreak and let it have at it. Ziphone 1.1.4 is way more stable.

If you find that your keyboard and touch freeze after you jailbreak with ziphone, PM me and i'll message you how to keep this from happening, but i dont think this happens with the 8gbs, only the 16 and 32's
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM free2rap622: i know
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: stuff aint cheap, but it'll give you cfw...
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: means u need alotta 24K gold
    grayfox_snake: u write inglish fine
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: yeah
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM Nosympathy: and the smallest penis
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: nick nack paddy whack i still got the biggest sack

Quote Originally Posted by Nosympathy View Post
    wooooooooooah no...that way of getting to 1.1.4 was the "desperate" way for 16gb and 32gb users till the ziphone 2.6b came out. You want to restore to 1.1.4 and use ziphone 2.6b, or if a new one is out, that one, and just click jailbreak and let it have at it. Ziphone 1.1.4 is way more stable.

If you find that your keyboard and touch freeze after you jailbreak with ziphone, PM me and i'll message you how to keep this from happening, but i dont think this happens with the 8gbs, only the 16 and 32's
    lol thanks, i was just about to do this tomorrow...
    And do you mean my PC's keyboard freezing?

[!]

yea, please elaborate...

how does freeze?

if the jailbreaking proceedure gets crazy, all we need to do is reinstall from itunes and start over, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by leeishom View Post
    if the jailbreaking proceedure gets crazy, all we need to do is reinstall from itunes and start over, correct?
    Yeah, DFU mode and itunes will fix just about any problem,although ive heard of some people who have full bricks and cant even enter DFU mode.

[!]

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nosympathy's Avatar
    the keypad on the touch, althought i think its only with the 32gb and 16gb, freezes after jailbreaking with ziphone if you open up installer right away and start downloading and adding sources, and the touch will also freeze randomly.

to fix this, right after jailbreaking, before you name your ipod! you must open notes(easiest) or if u dont have the 5 apps, then contacts, and hit every key on the keyboard and type its letter/symbol! after you do that, turn your ipod completely off, and turn back on, then you can use it however you like.

i did do this with my 32gb, thinking it wouldnt work, but it does haha XD
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM free2rap622: i know
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: stuff aint cheap, but it'll give you cfw...
    18/12/2007 05:19 PM Nosympathy: means u need alotta 24K gold
    grayfox_snake: u write inglish fine
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: yeah
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM Nosympathy: and the smallest penis
    12/12/2007 05:43 PM The_Mechanix: nick nack paddy whack i still got the biggest sack

Quote Originally Posted by Nosympathy View Post
    the keypad on the touch, althought i think its only with the 32gb and 16gb, freezes after jailbreaking with ziphone if you open up installer right away and start downloading and adding sources, and the touch will also freeze randomly.

to fix this, right after jailbreaking, before you name your ipod! you must open notes(easiest) or if u dont have the 5 apps, then contacts, and hit every key on the keyboard and type its letter/symbol! after you do that, turn your ipod completely off, and turn back on, then you can use it however you like.

i did do this with my 32gb, thinking it wouldnt work, but it does haha XD
    no shyt?

ok..
    ill give it a go, due to my lack of apple ipod proceedures...