Thread: UMD backups on a Mac?

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 UMD backups on a Mac? 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3
    Is there a way to do UMD backups on a Mac?
    I'm running 4.01 M33-2 on a Fat, I've tried through the VSH menu with the USB device set to UMD disk, but I get an error message on the Mac saying that the disk is unreadable.

    I'm running OS 10.5 on a Macbook pro.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Member PSP User Master of Cthulhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdo View Post
    Is there a way to do UMD backups on a Mac?
    I'm running 4.01 M33-2 on a Fat, I've tried through the VSH menu with the USB device set to UMD disk, but I get an error message on the Mac saying that the disk is unreadable.

    I'm running OS 10.5 on a Macbook pro.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    that's weird, i'm using a macbook with 10.5.4, and everything runs fine. in fact, yesterday i ripped crisis core to my comp. is it possible that your umd drive is dying?
    SEARCH!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Cthulhu View Post
    that's weird, i'm using a macbook with 10.5.4, and everything runs fine. in fact, yesterday i ripped crisis core to my comp. is it possible that your umd drive is dying?
    you could download PSP Filer 5.4 load it on your psp and rip the games to the ms
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjjjjj View Post
    you could download PSP Filer 5.4 load it on your psp and rip the games to the ms
    how do you rip them i downloaded it and put it on my psp but i don't now how to download them to the mms?
    welcome to wal-mart get ur shit and get out.



    reffer me plz
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,392
    get the program called umdumper .v2.0 then put the prog on the memory stick in the game folder and exit out go to the xmb and run the program self explanatory from there




    I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

    Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    get the program called umdumper .v2.0 then put the prog on the memory stick in the game folder and exit out go to the xmb and run the program self explanatory from there
    ok thank you that helped
    welcome to wal-mart get ur shit and get out.



    reffer me plz
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Cthulhu View Post
    that's weird, i'm using a macbook with 10.5.4, and everything runs fine. in fact, yesterday i ripped crisis core to my comp. is it possible that your umd drive is dying?
    I don't think so - it still reads UMDs perfectly, but it seems that the Mac can't. Are there any other settings that should be applied in VSH mode?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help With Backups
    By psp4666 in forum PSP Games
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 12:53 AM
  2. iso backups lag
    By stobeydin in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
  3. Backups?
    By psp-goon in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 09:44 PM
  4. UMD backups
    By WRXthunder in forum PSP Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 02:00 AM
  5. UMD backups with 3.03 OE-A?
    By Iakona in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •