Thread: i have a question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 i have a question 
    i have an old hp laptop could i put mac os x 10.2 on it with a new hdd?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    It depends on how old and what hardware. You can always swap the hard drive, it's just knowing if your hardware is compatible. Google compatible hackintosh hardware.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker seagrtj's Avatar
    I don't think you will get OSX to run on a x86 intel chipset. the hdd isn't the problem it is the motherboard and all the other hardware. In the HP it is all intel based.

Quote Originally Posted by seagrtj View Post
    I don't think you will get OSX to run on a x86 intel chipset. the hdd isn't the problem it is the motherboard and all the other hardware. In the HP it is all intel based.
    You've never heard of a Hackintosh? And all current Macs use Intel chips with Nvidia GPUs. The graphics card isn't really the biggest issue.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB

yes its intel based my future father-in-law gave it to me and when he got it from a guy he worked with it has windows me on it and he put windows xp on it and now the hdd is bad and needs a new one

Quote Originally Posted by jessejames2089 View Post
    yes its intel based my future father-in-law gave it to me and when he got it from a guy he worked with it has windows me on it and he put windows xp on it and now the hdd is bad and needs a new one
    Does anybody know if i could do this or not?

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Does anybody know if i could do this or not?
    Hackintosh Instructions, Hackintosh How To Guides @ Hackintosh.com -just read or google search.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

my laptop is a hp pavilion n5150 is there a way i can put mac os x 10.2 on it cause i dont want to ruin my laptop

It's a pretty old laptop, Pentium III @ 600 MHz. I don't think the processor is even supported. I mean, to install the OS it might be, but the applications within the OS also have their own requirements. Also, you won't ruin the laptop, you'd only need to reformat the drive and install Windows. Basically, your laptop is too old to handle it.

Ok thats all i wanted to know i thought it might have been to old to do this. Is it too old to run a nintendo 64 emulator?

Ok thats all i wanted to know i thought it might have been to old to do this. Is it too old to run a nintendo 64 emulator?
    Processor-wise, maybe, and I'm assuming you have very little video RAM as well. Go to Start -> Run -> and type in "dxdiag". Tell me what you see (it doesn't matter if you hit yes or no for the little box that pops up). Or if you can take a screenshot, that would be better.

Ive heard you can have 2 OS's on the same hdd if you use a partion thingy.

If at first you dont Succeed... YOU FAIL!

<thesexyone> he can take the form of a bat, wolf, even the mist. he walks among us. his name is ipotato.

<cowboycalstar> edward potato can't do those things. he can dazzle us with his sparkle tho

Quote Originally Posted by iPotato View Post
    Ive heard you can have 2 OS's on the same hdd if you use a partion thingy.
    Damn, you guys know nothing about computers. Theoretically, you can have an infinite number of OS's on one hard drive, but it's much more efficient and less likely to go wrong if you have each OS on a separate hard drive. But to respond to your original statement, yes, you can do that. If you want to install OSX on a PC though, it needs a separate hard drive.

Member PSP User Master of Cthulhu's Avatar
    no, i as far as i know there is no hacked version of os x 10.2 for intel architecture. as it is, the hardware you have would crawl, on any version of os x.
    SEARCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    Damn, you guys know nothing about computers. Theoretically, you can have an infinite number of OS's on one hard drive, but it's much more efficient and less likely to go wrong if you have each OS on a separate hard drive. But to respond to your original statement, yes, you can do that. If you want to install OSX on a PC though, it needs a separate hard drive.
    Say if you had a 2TB HDD, would you still need 2 HDD?

If at first you dont Succeed... YOU FAIL!

<thesexyone> he can take the form of a bat, wolf, even the mist. he walks among us. his name is ipotato.

<cowboycalstar> edward potato can't do those things. he can dazzle us with his sparkle tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast