Thread: Please buy my stuff!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Please buy my stuff!!! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker VeryThinPSP's Avatar
    I just got pulled over today and my car got impounded

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS WHOLE THING THE IMPORTANT STUFF IS IN CYAN, MY COMPLAINING IS IN RED, Lime, Orange, and Blue. THE OTHER STUFF IS NORMAL.

I was driving to Walmart to pick up a spare battery and MS so I could mod my new psp. I got a DUI about a year and a half ago and I guess my license was still suspended even though they never told me it was in the first place. I got charged with D.O.S.L., knowingly operating a motor vehicle without insurance, and no proof of insurance. My car got impounded for 30 days and it is going to cost me $750 to get it out and $13 and some change every day it is in there. Seeing how this is my second offense of having no insurance my ticket it probably going to be near $1000 (My buddy just got his 2nd and it was $1000). All this is going to probably add up to about $2000.

I also just paid off my credit card fee of $700 that I got because my apartments cashed a check early on me. I was having a rough time paying my bills and I asked the ladies at front if I could pay it like two days later. They are always very nice to me and had no problem with it. They did however ask if we could post date a check for the amount of the rent. I said sure and gave them a check for $900. So for the next two days I spent money normally for gas, food, and everything else. My girlfriend went to the post office to send out a Pandoras Battery for me and her card got declined for $3.50 . So I checked my balance and noticed my account was -$700 or so. I was shocked to say the least. I had $300+ in over draft fees and had no way to pay them. I asked the apartments what was up and if they were going to refund me or take money off next months rent and they said no because what they did was illegal. They told me to go to the bank and ask them to take off the over draft fees. Obviously they said no but they did take off two of them to be nice. So I had to borrow money from my friends and family to pay everything off. I just paid all of my friends and family back and now I have about $100. $100 to pay off my $2000 in fines and fees. Of course I also have my regular bills to pay.

Just wanted to update everyone on my whole situation. On top of all of that other stuff. I found out my 2000 Audi A6 Avant 2.8L Symphony Edition sedan had gotten impounded. Awhile ago the transmission went out in it and they are very expensive. It would have cost about $3500 for a transmission and about $1000 for installation. So I just let it sit in my apartment parking lot. Well when my lease was up we moved to a hotel temporarily because we couldn't find any apartments that would let us in due to bad credit. We stayed there for about a week or two and then moved in with some of my girlfriends friends. Her friends lived in Phoenix and we lived in Mesa. We couldn't afford to have the Audi towed to Phoenix so we just left it there. We were hoping that we would have some money soon and be able to get it over to Phoenix but that never really happened. Anyways her friends ended up being crazy weirdos and so we ended up moving out. Luckily the same apartments they lived in didn't really do a strong credit check and let us move in before even paying. This was really the only apartments we could get into and even though the rent was $900 a month it is alot better then paying around $1200 at a hotel. So since we were so strapped for cash all of the time we could never afford to get our Audi. I guess they remodeled the apartments while we were gone and they also did re-did the parking lot. Well since I never moved my Audi they marked it as an abandon vehicle and towed it without ever letting me know. Well.....one day I was driving near that area so we stopped by and my car was not there anymore. We saw the new parking lot and figured it must have been towed. We called up the local tow yards and found out where it was and that it was gonna be about $750 to get it out. Even if we did pay the $750 to get it out we would need to pay a tow truck about $300 to take it from Mesa to Phoenix. We definitely didn't have $1050 we didn't even have $750. So they told us if we didn't pick it up in 20 days or so, before the 1st of January, it was going to be sold. It was about the 26th and I still didn't have any money to get my car out or pay my $900 rent. I was in a really bad situation. So I was sitting at my computer at like 1 A.M. and got the idea to try and sell my car while it was still in the impound with a messed up transmission and a dead battery. So I posted my story on this other site and told people all about the car. I told them I was trying to sell it for $750 OBO and they would have to pay the tow yard about $900 to get it out. I also told them they were going to have to spend $3500 on a new transmission and probably about another $1000 or so to fix it up. Well lucky me......some car enthusiast dude saw my post and decided to buy my car. He offered me $1500 for the car even though I was only asking $750. I told him the car was his and so we met up at the tow yard. When he got there he told me he had to take his offer of $1500 back. Neither of us had thought of how much it was going to cost to install the transmission....which was going to be about $1000. So....we go check out the car and I remembered that there was a few other things wrong with it. The headlights were dead, the sunroof lining things was broken, and one of the bottom of the seats was kind of messed up. We looked it all over and everything seemed fine. Since there was a few things wrong with it and taking the transmission installation into fact he offered me $600. We settled on $650 after some talking. After we talked for awhile it was obvious what a bad deal he was getting. He was paying $750 to me, $880 to the impound, $30 or so to the DMV, $3500 for a transmission, $1000 or more for a transmission installtion, and who knows how much to get it all fixed up and running nicely.....I would imagine about another $750. So he is gonna be paying about $7000 for a 2000 Audi A6 Avant Symphony Edition with about 120k miles on it, has a messed up transmission, no headlights, some sun damage from sitting in the Phoenix sun for 5 months, a few other minor problems, and having to get it straight out of the impound and having to tow it. He could have probably found a running newer model Audi, with no sun damage, no severe problems, and less miles on it for about $5500-6500. It must have been my sad story that got him to buy it. He seemed really interested in my life story and whatnot.

Anyways I sold it to him for $650 and now my Audi is gone forever. At least I got something for it before the impound got to sell it though. Now I just have my $3000 1996 Subaru Impreza. I have been having a few problems with it as well lately. It has been making this weird sound in the back and I just found out today that it is my wheel barrings. The guy said they were so bad he is surprised something bad hasn't happened while we were driving or something. What made this happen was when my car got impounded they pulled the chains very tightly and it bent my arm causing my wheel to be tilted inwards. So I am driving on 3 tired going straight up and down and one tilted inwards. This is very bad. Anyways to top things off.....2 of my tied were getting very low tread so I went to Pep Boys and I made it clear to them I didn't know much about cars but need to replace the 2 bad tires. They knew my car was AWD and said nothing to me when I payed them $180 to give me 2 new tires. When I get to my Subaru guy he tells me I need to get 2 other new tires fast because you cannot run an AWD vehicle with different tires....at least not tires with such severely different tread as mine. So first the impound bent my wheel inwards and then Pep Boys not even noticing it put 2 new tires on my AWD car without telling me how bad it is for the car. So now my car is in the shop over the weekend and it is looking like the $650 I just got from my Audi to pay my rent is going to go straight into fixing my Subaru. Times are definitely hard right now. At least nothing bad happened to our family while driving and we are now getting it fixed though. Things seem to be getting better slowly. My girlfriend just got a job paying $12 an hour with a guaranteed 40 hour pay every week even if she only works 20. That will pull in enough money to get us back on our feet and pay all of are monthly bills. Then when we have enough money to put our daughter in day care or get her a baby sitter I will be able to get a job as well. Once we both have jobs again things are gonna be great. Just trying to survive until then.

Well there is my life update. Stay tuned in to see what happens on January 9th at my court date for my D.O.S.L. . I am looking at 2 days in jail and some pretty hefty fines but I am going to try and fight it with a court appointed attorney. My only case is that I didn't know it was suspended which isn't very good. They even have proof they sent me something in the mail telling me too. I never received anything though which is really messed up. If I knew my license was suspended I definitely could have found $35 to re-instate it. Looks like I am just gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. I might try and ask for more jail time to cut down the size of my fines a little but I am not sure yet. Oh yeah....they are also probably going to suspend my license for 3 months to 2 years as well. That is really the worst part. No matter what happens though I am pretty sure everything is going to be going fine for me by the end of January. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I am so happy! I went to see my probation officer on the 9th and it was easily the best meeting I have ever had with her. She told me my TASC color is going to drop which means I am going to have less random piss tests. Which is great seeing how I don't like paying $5.30 to pee in front of them. She also told me that the 9 days of jail will be dropped. I originally got 10 days in jail but I got 9 dropped and only had to serve 1. However, they held the other 9 days over my head just in case I did anything bad. Anyways, they are gone! Then I went to court and had to wait about 2 or 3 hours for my court date to start. So I finally meet my public defender and he tells me that my D.O.S.L. has been completely dismissed!!! I didn't even ask why I was too happy and nearly in shock! Anyways, then he tells me that I can either fight the no insurance or plead guilty and ask for a reduced fine. So I plead guilty and asked for the reduced fine which gave me two more options. I could either decide what was going to happen right then and there with my current judge or go to a traffic court and decide there. I decided to let the judge decide and she made a great decision! She said that she would drop the fines from $930 to $0 if I bring in 6 months of insurance on my vehicle within 45 days. Done, Did, and Deal! So I got my D.O.S.L. dismissed and have to pay $0 on my second no insurance ticket and knowingly having no insurance ticket. What did I tell you about things turning around? I knew things were going to get better. So now I am going to start looking for a job and making bank money. I am also hoping to open a psp modification website soon. I am going to be offering all types of modifications except serious hardware modifications like LEDs. I will be practicing on those types of things so I can offer them soon though. Once I get everything in line and all of my money problems are sorted out I am also looking forward to starting monthly contests here at pspmod. Anyways, look forward to the contests.....I promise they are going to be fun and have great prizes.

I couldn't pay my rent this month.....still getting back on my feet. Almost there.

So.......I need to sell my stuff. Here it is:

Polaroid PDM-1058 Portable DVD Player - $125
    Nintendo Wii w/ 15 Virtual Console games - $350
    Final Fantasy VII - $50

That is about all I have that is easily shippable. I am trying to sell my plasma t.v. and other huge stuff locally. I am very desperate to sell my stuff but will not take low offers. I really hate losing money and I am already losing so much money to fines and fees.

I am willing to sell my Fujitsu N6010-261 laptop that I have used over the past 2 years or so as well. I really don't want to but will for the right price. It has worked perfectly from the day I bought it and is still under warranty for a few more months. It had some of the loudest speakers on a laptop when it came out....the bass is amazing. It is in GREAT condition for how long I have owned it. I bought the laptop for $2400 and I also got a 3 year warranty for $300. I bought a Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX external soundcard at the same time for $129.99 and will throw it in with the laptop for free. I am asking for $850 OBO.

Specs for Laptop:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz
    1GB Ram
    17" Crystal View WXGA+ Wide TFT LCD 1440x900
    100GB Hard Drive
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
    2 Internal Speakers with Intergrated Subwoofers
    Atheros AR5001X+ Wireless Network Adapter
    T.V. Tuner
    4 USB 2.0 (1 on both sides and 2 on the back)
    IEEE 1394 Firewire
    S-Video Out
    1 Type I/II PSMCIA Slot
    Memory Card Slot For: Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, and SD Card
    Lithium Ion Battery
    Windows XP Home Edition SP2

I made that list by myself checking each thing individually. If I left anything out and you are curious about it just ask away. The Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX external soundcard supports up to 7.1 speakers and also comes with a remote control. This laptop really is amazing....I used to use it all the time to record my favorite t.v. shows until I got a DVR.

I really need cash but if I cannot get cash I would be willing to trade for the following items:

PSP
    Pandoras Battery
    MS
    iPod
    Xbox 360
    PS3
    Digital Camera

I will be posting pictures of all my items for sale later. Feel free to ask questions and make offers.

EDIT: Samsung 707sc was sold today. The price on the Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront Entertainment Pack has also changed because I recently modded it. It is now running 3.71 M33-3 and has everything you need already installed on the 4GB MS.
    EDIT: The Nintendo Wii was sold today!
    EDIT: The Nintendo Wii was not sold I got a false offer!!!
    EDIT: The new part of the story will be in lime.
    EDIT: The even newer part of the story will be in orange.
    EDIT: The psp was sold and I took the controller and headphones off.
    EDIT: The newest part of the story will be in Blue.
    Last edited by VeryThinPSP; 02-06-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Added something.
    3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!>3.60>3.71 M33-2>3.71 M33-3>SOLD!

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    Very Funny STUFF FOR SALE!
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    ill buy ur psp for 190 for sure but i gotta sell my xbox first
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar42o View Post
    Damn what a hustler. Kick him while he's down why don't you? .......

Awesome, I will still trade for it if you want too.

8 Billion dollars wasted. Increased federal spending led to increased use.Time to stop?
    PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    Is the FFVII PS1 or PC?

It is the PS1 version with black bottoms.

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

I'm Pitching A Tent PSP Elite Hacker Chriscyco30's Avatar
    The one with the misprint on the back!!!!!!

You can sell that on ebay for a huge amount! Why only 50?

Theres a misprint on the back? I don't have the original case for it anyways. I carry it around in a FFVIII case.

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

yooooo wat do you think of buyin my xbox u wanna but it lets talk prices man!!! i wanna make some bizniss

I don't have cash dude....you must not have read the story.
    I am only willing to trade for the Xbox 360.

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

ill do it if u include the cell fone(Samsung 707sc ) and if u think about it its a good deal its only 300 and my xbox is in good conditions and il include some things i have for it wat do you think

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Are you able to take pictures of your Xbox 360 and the other items? I will take pictures of my stuff in about an hour.

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

yeh i will and u should b happy lol this is good deal for you not for me at all ill probably get ma ass whooped by my brother but ill get a job and buy a new 360...............want me to post the pics or na?

hey does the psp bring a memorstick?? .... im not trying to get that 32mb thing

and i hope everything gets better with u n ur problems man
    Last edited by MrChriz; 12-11-2007 at 10:43 PM.

No, it is the Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront Entertainment Pack it includes:
    Ceramic White PSP system with Darth Vader Silkscreen, Game: Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, AC Adaptor, and Battery Pack. I definitely want to see some pictures.....and what games/accessories does the Xbox 360 come with?

PWND! FREE PSP!
    R.I.P. MIDIAN

everything cam out to be 710 wen i bought it.... in october :

xbx360:400 now worth 350:S
    wireless adapter:100
    games:110
    keyboard+headset(i broke mine)30
    faceplate:20
    extra controller:50

dawm idk now that i think of it idk bout the deal lol i never noticed i waisted so much money on it ....

lets talk better trades and prices

the games aare arcade condemd and gears i bought condemed used

i havent changed my mind completely but i mean i need a better deal i never actuall calculated everything until now
    Last edited by MrChriz; 12-11-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    Damn what a hustler. Kick him while he's down why don't you? You never get what you spent on your item. Everything depreciates in value... I think the psp and cell phone for the xbox is a good trade, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by fubar42o; 12-11-2007 at 11:55 PM.

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast