Thread: How much do you think I could sell for all this?

1. #1 How much do you think I could sell for all this? 
    I have a psp2000 which the mainboard is v2, I have upgraded to 5.0m33 already, it was lightly used, pretty new, comes with 4gb memory stick duo, Silicon case , Protective case, line controls, Now I just want to sell it as I don't use it quite often, so could you help me to give a selling price, I don't know it very much, thank you

I'm in the US,thx

Senior Member I Modded My PSP PigVenus's Avatar
    You should be able to get somewhere around $120-140 on eBay for it. Especially if you post your firmware version 5.0m33 - intelligent buyers will know what to look for.

cusinnd
    100 - 150 dollers the value will probably go up if you said it had custom firmware.

thanks guys

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    hit up craigslist selling one for 250

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

When I said $120-140 earlier, I meant that (if it was me) you should accept no less than that. If it's in good shape which it sounds like) - i.e. no screen scratches and such, the _lowest_ I would take would be $140-150. Likely you will get a bit more... reasonably as much as $170-180.

You might even try putting a few posts out on this forum also - there is a for sale area.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cusinnd View Post
    100 - 150 dollers the value will probably go up if you said it had custom firmware.
    ebay won't allow auctions of PSP's that explicitely state they have custom firmware.

Bummer. Guess maybe should state that is is a PSP-2000 Slim that original has such-and-such firmware. Also, post the beginning of the serial # (on box & under battery) that would identify it as hackable. Also, specify if it as a bundle (Daxter, StarWars, God of War). Informed buyers will look for those things. Be sure to put one of those identifiers in the title - that way it will won't be overlooked for people looking for hackables.

I don't know if you could get away with a screenshot that might 'accidentally' show the installed firmware version. Might be worth a shot. After all, as killer3737 pointed out, you are not explicitly stating the custom firmware.

Another workaround might be to make a statement that it will ship with official firmware x.xx and not that shown in the picture. I don't believe eBay could complain about that. However, its not like anybody really can hold them accountable so they can pretty much do whatever they want.

Thank you, you guys are all very nice, I sold it to my friend with $150, I appreciated your useful responds. I think it is a easier way for selling an item,no worry about violating selling policy in ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by PigVenus View Post
    Bummer. Guess maybe should state that is is a PSP-2000 Slim that original has such-and-such firmware. Also, post the beginning of the serial # (on box & under battery) that would identify it as hackable. Also, specify if it as a bundle (Daxter, StarWars, God of War). Informed buyers will look for those things. Be sure to put one of those identifiers in the title - that way it will won't be overlooked for people looking for hackables.

I don't know if you could get away with a screenshot that might 'accidentally' show the installed firmware version. Might be worth a shot. After all, as killer3737 pointed out, you are not explicitly stating the custom firmware.

Another workaround might be to make a statement that it will ship with official firmware x.xx and not that shown in the picture. I don't believe eBay could complain about that. However, its not like anybody really can hold them accountable so they can pretty much do whatever they want.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP bboydrift's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9ijnbhu8 View Post
    I have a psp2000 which the mainboard is v2, I have upgraded to 5.0m33 already, it was lightly used, pretty new, comes with 4gb memory stick duo, Silicon case , Protective case, line controls, Now I just want to sell it as I don't use it quite often, so could you help me to give a selling price, I don't know it very much, thank you
    120-140 its a good 1
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."
    -2pac