Thread: Advice needed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Advice needed 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Just got my PSP yesterday. Unfortunetly I had to sacrifice the cable bill for the PSP money, so I don't have any games yet. I was planning on getting Wipeout for the online, bit that means I'd have to spend $50 on the game, and $50+ on a wireless router. So is Wipeout a good enough game to keep me interested until I have enough money for a router, or should I go with Untold Legends or MG Acid (very wary about this game). What do you guys think?

I have wipeout and MG ACID and i'd have to say wipeout is a decent game but it gets pretty boring and difficult in some parts so it may not keep you interested very long.. and MG ACID is just way to slow for my tastes so i wouldnt reccomend either of those games. But i would reccomend twisted metal. Its one of my favorite games at the moment.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPDC14
    I have wipeout and MG ACID and i'd have to say wipeout is a decent game but it gets pretty boring and difficult in some parts so it may not keep you interested very long.. and MG ACID is just way to slow for my tastes so i wouldnt reccomend either of those games. But i would reccomend twisted metal. Its one of my favorite games at the moment.
    I went with THUG2. I've been playing the THPS games since two weeks after THPS1 came out. It's a pretty good game, but the way the buttons on the PSP are spaced it's hard to get used to. I was pleasently surprised to see a few of the old levels return also, that was very cool. Seems like a pretty solid game so far,

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Jediknightjace's Avatar
    THUG 2 Remix is a very good game, I didn't have trouble with the buttons at all. Sony will be publishing an official web browser in a while, so I woudn't buy Wipeout unless you are genuinely intersted in the game itself. Twisted Metal is very good too.
    There's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP reesepbc's Avatar
    I wouldn't (and haven't) bought wipeout for the browser, it isn't worth it. I borrowed it from a friend to replicate things, it needs more work before it's really viable, However if you like wipeout then it's great, I don't so much.
    Man, we've come a long way since Pong and tape drives. I was there in 80 and all I got was this videogame addiction!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Hey I bought wipeout for the browser...and mine don't work arrg!!!! the game is okay but you have to be a wipeout fan to really appreciate It.
    If you get the browser to work though it is probably worth it though....
    GOOD FORTUNE COMES TO THOSE WHO WISH FOR AN XBOX 360 AND PS3 .....really...no seriously....

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Jediknightjace's Avatar
    Tolan77, tell me exactly what is wrong with your browser. Every detail. I may be able to help.
    There's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Lol,
    Either the guy doesn't have a wireless router, or his wireless router is encrypted and he needs a access key to get through... most likely!

Go to my posts in Psp browser
    GOOD FORTUNE COMES TO THOSE WHO WISH FOR AN XBOX 360 AND PS3 .....really...no seriously....

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    I wouldn't get wipeout either; I played it at work and wasn't very fun. I own Metal Gear AC!D and Twisted Metal: Head On....don't get Metal Gear AC!D unless you reaaaaallly reaaaaalllly like Metal Gear(like me ) or you like card games. Twisted Metal is awesome. My brother has a psp and a copy of the game as well, so we play each other all the time and it's a blast cussing at each other across our apartment with me in my room and him in his room.....hahahah

Senior Member I Modded My PSP ShatterWulf's Avatar
    i would reccomend either wipeout or twisted metal
    A mystery,
    enclosed in a conundrum,
    sheathed in a lie,
    encased in a dream,
    wrapped in a pastry.
    PSP 411

I got MG ACID and thought it was really fun althoug I hate the other MG games.
    kiss my ass

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    just curious.....but what didn't you like about the other metal gear games?

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

14. #14 Win A PSP Game Here At PSP Home 
    Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    I am pleased to announce that we will be holding our first competition where you can win a PSP game. It is free to take part and anyone can enter.

The games on offer are "Syphon filter Dark Mirror" and "Untold Legends" All you have to do to win them is to be an active posting member in our community.

The competition starts on 4th November 2006 and finishes 2 weeks later on 18th November 2006. The winner will be randomly selected by myself and other PSPHome staff members. There will be two winners, the first person selected will choose which game they want to have.

This competition is open to everyone worldwide, Good luck. If you are going to take part please post in this thread. If this competiton is a success we will be able to give away bigger and better prizes in the future.

Syphon filter Dark Mirror

Untold Legends

15. #15 Part Timer :( 
    Member PSP User
    I Would like to take part in the competition but my chosen career path might not allow me to be as active on the forums as much as i would like. as of next week i will be based at bovvington(where prince harry is) until february and i am not sure how available internet access is at the campbut by god i will try my best to get on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast