Thread: Excited

1. #1 Excited 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    Long story...get some coffee.

My father owns the car lot I work for(and no, I'm not spoiled, I bust my ass for less than minimum wage at 34+ hours a week after school, get the shit treatment after working to earn it, pay for everything but rent and utilities, and on top of that, I have to live in the garage because my sisters old room is becoming a guest room). I owned a green Toy. 4Runner. Traded it in for a red ZR2 2door Blazer 4x4 with tires and all. I was promised if I traded that in for a 99 4x4 Tahoe with A/T tires, I would get a winch and grillguard to mount it on, for free. Never got them, so my dad took that and gave me an 03 Mitsubishi Outlander in which I only had to have the resonator put back on the piping. Kinda fell in love with it, because I had a motor that could easily be turbocharged and had started saving. Dad sold that from underneath me, and gave me my current Jeep.

The Jeep was flooded in Katrina, and we got it afterwards. I knew it had several problems. Windows, AC, high beams switch lock, EVIC, door locks, mirrors, and other minor things didn't work. I got it in the summertime, in a very humid climate. So I instantly pulled some wires out and got my windows to go up and down off of on-off-on switches. I did it all professional like, using bigger gauge wires and using butt splices with the ends wrapped in electrical tape, using female connectors, the whole shabang. It fried because of something somewhere, even though my connections were good for months. I got super PO'ed, because I spend my meager salary on a car that can never be fixed(have had several better-than-I mechanics and electricians look at it, all of them puzzled as I was). I had wasted alot of time and money and sweat getting it to run right again, and it never did.

And so, tomorrow, my dad offers to take me to an auction so I can look at the car I want, an exact body style replacement. I found only one, so I'm hoping to God someone doesn't want it more than I do. I've spent alot of money on this car and it's not going to become mine just by way of being a son of a car lot owner, hell no, I'm paying for it with cash, sweat, and sacrifice. So, in essence, my story is I'm going to a car auction to pick up a car just like mine, in a different color and a year newer.

In the end, I still gotta swap over everything, pay to have the exhaust swapped because I do not own a welder, pay to have my step bars swapped, take it to the dealership and have the recalls fixed(anyone know if this costs money or not?), and then I get to detail my old one and put it for sale on the lot. My dad's getting a well-maintained and slightly better Jeep than I got from him(free audio system minus the radio, free fresh plugs, free fresh synthetic oil, free tires), and I'm getting something that works and that the WJ in the chassis code doesn't stand for Watered Jeep.
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker spikyhunter3's Avatar
    man cant find any coffee so i had to get water haha...and good luck tomorrow

Drizzle's awesome work!
    Raiden: Still ticking, huh?
    Vamp: Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    My biggest concern is the condition of the vehicle(no shit), and whether or not it's going to be a Laredo or a Limited. I have to check out what colors each come in and what options I get on the base of each to know where I sit.
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal