Thread: jus a Q on security

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 jus a Q on security 
    my grandad goes golfin with this software security guy for sony (mainly he does software occasionally hardware for my grandads company) and i was wondering, shall i ask him if he knows ne thin bout the PSP security encryptions and stuff or should i not risk ne thin?

Member PSP User 4GiGPsPKraZiCraCkHead's Avatar
    it could have some useful information, but also i'm pretty sure everyone who works for sony is sworn to secrecy. i'm sure if they leak out any vital information they will be drawn and quartered. but it would be nice to get a way to crack 2.0. i dont know what to tell ya, except ya got some good connections lol

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    heh kinda doubt that he of all guys would talk but hey what do you know.. maybe he'll talk maybe he wont, if he doesn't.. well at least you asked!
    i say go for it, anything for the good of the community!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TriPod's Avatar
    Lol go for it, but it would be wierrd lol like in the middle of a golf game ur grandDAD, jus starts asking about the psp security lol

cool to see tho
    -"you can always make more money - but you can never make more time"

Member PSP User 4GiGPsPKraZiCraCkHead's Avatar
    Starg golfing with them. then you try to talk to the guy and say that your interested in becoming what he is. then he might be able to get you in the facility. while you are in the facility make sure and get some kind of clearance card while your friend isn't looking. then you wait until the compound closes. sneak in. pull a freakin sam fischer and steal all useful information you can find!

or just try to get a tour, become his friend. and very slowly get information about all that stuff . make a specail thread on here about the stuff you find. we will all read and use it to the advantage of the hive mine... i mean err community.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Shalted's Avatar
    Any info you could get out of him would be useful to the community, go for it.
    --Sig--

7. #7 Buttons on the PSP - Have a problem 
    pimpmaster0207
    Hey guys!juyjryrt
    Does any one have a problem with any of their buttons on the psp getting stuck? I do, and it's my "X" button. I shouldn't really say "Stuck" cuz you can still press it. When I'm playing my racing game, that is the button that represents my "gas" button. So when I play my game, I'm holding down that button and it seems that the car I'm controlling slows down and even stops. It has nothing to do with the configuration, I checked that. The "X" button is definately my gas button. Can anyone tell me what you think could be wrong?

Thanks

Member PSP User
    ya i do the right trigger gets stuck alot.

it happens alot then im playing a game it really sucks

maccabi723
    I found This thread, seems to suggest what I would have for a first try at a fix.

Get a can of compressed air (used to clean computer heatsinks etc), put one of those little straw things in the nozzle to direct the air and blast some in around the button to try and dislodge the dirt that hopefully (as its the easiest thing to fix) is causing the problem.

Other than that you'd probably have to open the unit up and try to find the cause, unless its still under warranty of course.

furyblaze: for a stuck trigger you could try spraying the SMALLEST little spray of silicone lube into the gap around the trigger with a tube in the nozzle of the can. You could probably fix it by opening the system but thats an easier thing to try.

kingb51
    This is quite a common problem with game consoles, cell phones, etc. After repeated use of pushing a particular button, OR holding down a particular button for a long period of time can soften the "bubble" of the button which is below the keypad surface of the button. The "bubble" becomes less stiff and therefore when you press the button the machine often does not detect your input.
    I'm sure there's a much simpler way of explaining what I've just said, but I'm in a taxi at the moment!

So if your PSP is still under warantee, get it changed. If not I would advise you to call PlayStation Sony tech support line for help. I personally wouldn't take my PSP apart, because you could let dust in and risk of damaging something else.

NJ-PSP
    Mine's the square button, the damn button stays "stuck" and starts to come up again little by little, meanwhile my character in Medal of Honor :Heroes keep shooting and emptying my ammo over and over

Freedick
    you would probably have to open your psp, just to get some dirt out
    (this voids your warranty though)

pimpmaster0207
    I did use those air cans. It did seem to work. This doesn't happen allll the time but once in a while. Like today, I was playing my racing game and I didn't have the problem(I didn't have to use those air cans) but yesterday I did. I will continue using those air cans, I don't want to open the psp and open up another can of worms. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm glad to hear that it's not only me with the buttons.

maccabi723
    I'm sure you can buy replacement PSP parts online if it gets much worse and you are out of warranty.
    Coolskin is right about the dust problem with opening PSPs though, the best way is to do it in your kitchen (generally let dusty than the rest of your house ) or even outside and have an air can ready to blast around the inside of the screen plastic before closing.

Many early PSP consoles had problems with the square button, even on mine (that has no problems, touch wood) you can see the plastic top you press doesn't sit directly on top of the switch that sits underneath.

I remember when the PSP first came out and ppl were having issues, when questioned about the problem some high up guy at sony said 'its meant to be like that'.

Got to love the arrogance.

johnny english
    You may also feel the sqaure button "stick" or "go in on an angle" because there is a desgin flaw as you can see... Basically the screen was too big to fit the square button so they had to cut it in half:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast