Thread: Anybody know cellphones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Anybody know cellphones? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    Alright, the backstory is everyone's favorite part. I have Cellular South, and it has served me well. I had a basic Nokia phone, and it did fine. I one day found out it decided to stop ringing when I found well over 30 missed calls in 2 days, and I thought it was just a slow week. It still vibrated, so I'd be able to catch one here or there, but generally it sucked. It decided to quit vibrating too, so then all my phone was doing was serving as a "While You Were Out" kind of deal. Then, my phone wants to drop every single call I make. I'm fed up with it, so I bodyslam it into 17 pieces.

I go to Cellular South calm as can be, and get a perdy sweet unit and they manage to recover my numbers. Its got a radio tuner which is a highly used feature and whatnot.

I decided to get one of them blueteeth headsets, since the cable would pull away from my ear or the phone at inopportune times. I have the headset, but I do not know the passcode to pair the device.

Someone tell me why I need a passcode to use a device I bought. The manual doesn't give me anything, so possibly, any links to any sites?
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    there shouldnt be a passcode, with blue(tooth not teeth lol) it should just connect when near by, maybe your phone itself has a passcode with connecting devices? try 0000 or the last 4 digits of your phone number, if not, the phone you recieved MAY have been refurbished, its happened to a few of my friends, getting old used phones back when supposed to get new ones

What about infrared between my PC and this phone? I ain't got a cable for it and don't really want to dish out the cash for it yet. I wanna set that up. I got pictures and no messaging so these pictures are just sitting in my pockets.

I know the phone is new because I specifically asked for a new phone, I checked it up and down for scratches and all, on top of it being wrapped in a box. I would have gone refurbished, but it didn't seem worth it because of my older phone's state being pretty bad as it was, and it was under light use.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    it should come with a password the one i got came with one (Motorola) . what i did was i used my phone to scan for bluetooth devices then it would show up. And when i click on it i had to put in a password

I may have found my passcode, but my phone won't pick up the headset anymore. I know the headset is on too, it's blinking.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP spicy's Avatar
    hrrmmmm. what phone and what headset do you have? i had a samsung blade, and it wouldnt pick up my motorola headset. it still hasnt to this day, but i am now using a razr, or a samsung d807.

so, it shows up when you search for devices, or no?

if it doesnt show up, try restoring the bluetooth settings on your phone (if there is this option on your phone), then also take the battery out of your headset. if it doesnt have a battery, and it just plugs in to charge, turn it off,. does the instruction manual for the headset say how to reset it? if so do it. then go into your phone, and search for devices. as its searching, turn on the headset. if that doesnt work. leave the headset on, and try searching again.

eventually it will find the headset. if not, take it into a dealer, and they might be able to help.

maybe try to discover any other bluetooth items you have on your phone. (another cell.... make it discoverable, you should find it right away)

Senior Member I Modded My PSP katsumoriyama's Avatar
    I think i had this problem too. The bluetooth needs to have a steady light which is in paring mode. The passcode is usually 12345 or 00000 or something really simple. If you are looking to mod you motorola phone like i did go to www.motomodders.com. You also can do stuff with nokia phones and even some have emulators.
    Ouch! This Hurt
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/500798... ing_him_flip/

Watch this video and be amazed!

I can get other people's cellphones, but not the headset. It only picked it up once. I'm about to need another headset, if the peoples at Cellular South can't get it working. Can't buy it now, need an oil change, fix my crossmember, and Valentine's absolutely stormed my wallet.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i used to have problems with my veizon phone and my bluetooth headset, it took many attempts to connect, but after a while it did, so maybe just keep playing around with the buttons on the headset while trying to connect it to the phone

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker outsider's Avatar
    when you first start up the headset, it usually goes into pairing mode for about 15 seconds or so. try searching for it AS SOON as you turn your headset on. do you have anyother bluetooth devices in your home?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    are they both compatible. because not all headset work with certain phones so you should return the old one and get a new one that is compatible with your phone

Quote Originally Posted by miamiheat4life
    are they both compatible. because not all headset work with certain phones so you should return the old one and get a new one that is compatible with your phone
    It happened to be a solution you stumble onto. On my way to Cellular South, I held the power button for the headset for a long time, because I forgot I was doing it while going to the Blueteeth Settings on the phone. I was at a red light, and started searching. Then I thought, "My thumb is still on the button." I let go, and it started blinking blue and red. It picked the bastard up really quick, and it works.

The only gripe is that it doesn't let me use the radio with it. I still need wires to do that shit.

EDIT: Any way to set up an IR link? I have to send my phone's files to my PSP, then load from the PSP onto the PC. Anyone got any ideas?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP spicy's Avatar
    hrmmmmm.... im not too sure about that. but congrats on getting the biotch to work.

btw- what headset, and phone do you have?

and how the hell are you sending files from your phone directly to the psp? i gather its through the IR, but how, but how?

Quote Originally Posted by spicy
    hrmmmmm.... im not too sure about that. but congrats on getting the biotch to work.

btw- what headset, and phone do you have?

and how the hell are you sending files from your phone directly to the psp? i gather its through the IR, but how, but how?
    I don't know what the headset is, my brother in law gave it to me. My phone is a Nokia 6255i.

I went to DL.Qj.Net to find anything dealing with IR, and searched for IR in the PSP section. I found PSPIrDA 0.02Beta4 (something like that). Supposedly the thing does well with Nokia and Motorola phones, so I downloaded it. I open it up on PSP, line the IR transmitters up, press Square to Receive, and just press X to have it send the file to ms0:/PSP to keep it simple. I send from the phone, and after a minute it's on there. The avatar I have now was done in such manner.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP katsumoriyama's Avatar
    tight. I have a motorola razr and java and bluetooth is not compatible. suxs
    Ouch! This Hurt
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/500798... ing_him_flip/

Watch this video and be amazed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast