Thread: Da GPod ......

1. #1 Da GPod ...... 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP TriPod's Avatar
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives..._gpod_gam.html

anyody herrd bout apples new portable?

looks like a big white psp
    -"you can always make more money - but you can never make more time"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Tjalian's Avatar
    Even in August people are still fooled...

Quote Originally Posted by UberGizmo.com
    I forgot to post about this cool April's fool from Game Evolution. They did quite a good job to spice up a story. You know how it work, if you don't have a cool gadget to write about, invent one. Nice job!

Member PSP User
    yea nice link but its all fake.
    PSP American 2.0 Update News!

PSPMod Live Support Team

Have any Q's come and contact me here:

AIM- PSPHelpLive

Download Family Guys episodes from season 4 and 2 www.psppalace.com

Senior Member I Modded My PSP die no might's Avatar
    No SHIT it sort of says april fools on the bottom

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TriPod's Avatar
    LOL I kno i got foold wit it but dyam that its sweet lookin

jus wanted to see if any of u guys been fooled by it too
    -"you can always make more money - but you can never make more time"

6. #6 Computer Virus on PSP system flash0 
    ibjayo
    we often do this action into recovery mode and do the following:
    - Connect USB
    - Go into Advanced Options
    - Select Toggles Flash0 to USB
    Go into X:\vsh\resource\
    and then copy paste our desire opening_menu.rco, topmenu_plugin.rco into their and over-write the exisitng one...
    we got those files from around the world via internet,website...
    what I want to ask is... how about if the PSP system flash0 got virus computer.
    Can we get rid the virus without harm our PSP system?
    Can we run Norton, McAffe program on flash0 to get rid the virus that already infected our PSP system?
    what do you think guys...

maccabi723
    In theory its possible to get a virus on the PSP, back in the early days round the time of the 2.0 downgrader there was a fake downgrader released that would brick your PSP. It ran from the memory stick.

After that, some of the major antivirus programs would pick up the overflow.tif file used by both the actual and fake downgrader as a virus when you extracted the files from the .zip file they came in.

Your PSP wont catch a PC virus from an infected computer, as they are written to attack a windows PC running on X86 hardware. The virus would need to be specifically written to attack a PSP and the author would need a way to get you to copy it to your PSP and run it (making it more of a trojan than a virus).

I dont know much about customized XMBs, but if these files you list are executable not just data (icon images, text etc) then I guess someone could find a way to make one that could brick your PSP.

If the files you are modifying are not executable and are just data for the PSP to read then the only way they could really harm your PSP is if the PSP needs those files to start up/run and they are corrupt. If someone found a flaw in the way the PSP handles those files and made use of it (like the 'corrupt' tiff file that has lead to several downgraders) then I guess they could use that to damage your PSP too.

Basically just wait till after others have downloaded a file and posted results before you try it yourself is the best way to stay safe, that and only downloading from sources that are trusted.

The antivirus programs may detect something as a virus (like the overflow.tif) while its on your PC. If a new PSP virus is released, its already on your PSP and you can still use the thing I'd say your best bet would be to re-flash the PSP from the recovery menu.

ibjayo
    here is the problem on my friend PSP...
    after he flash0usb.. he got a worm virus...
    worm virus are make a double folder... e.g. vsh become double with vsh.exe
    that make the flash0 space more double... cause it double every folder on flash0...
    yes it's not harm the psp, but its annoying when we try to free our flasho space system...

he has the norton that can rid the virus, but he affraid to use it on his PSP system..
    any solution.. or sugestion? it is save to run the anti virus on PSP system without harming our PSP system?