Thread: 1.5 recovery scare

1. #1 1.5 recovery scare 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    When you recover to 1.5 from the recovery menu, after the update is done. Does everyone else get

"The update failed please contact Sony customer suport
    (ffffffffff)"

All you have to do is a reboot, but it still scares the shit out of me every time.

I was just wondering if this happens to other users or if my PSP is just queer.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker bender123's Avatar
    hmmm are you talking about the "blue screen" that makes you reinitialize all the settings? like time and zones and all that junk? I don't remember that exact error but the blue screen pops up.
    Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying get some rest
    From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
    What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)

no the blue screen is normal.

Also with my custom flash0 settings I get no viewable text during the update, I just know to press x twice. but then the little blue bar does its magic and when it gets to the end that error comes up over the updater screen. All you have to do is reboot and then you get the blue screen and then go through the motions of time/date/ blah blah blah. I was just wondering if that error happens to other people, or if I am really pushing my luck every time I go back to 1.5 .

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker bender123's Avatar
    You know you don't need to go back to 1.5 if you plan on upgrading from a custom fw. Just use the dxar file instead of 150.PHP its written in the readmes and its safer cus you have recovery option unlike going to 1.5.
    Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying get some rest
    From all the unborn chicken voices in my head

no I had to go back to 1.5 because basilisk II will only run in 1.5 , 3.03 OE-C cannot emulate it.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    3.03 custom firmware is 1.5. It just has new features. If you get 3.03 CF, make a ms0:/PSP/Game150 folder, and put your homebrew in there. Go into recovery mode and set your homebrew game folder to 1.50 kernel, and all should work.
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Dude, I think you are somehow running the 1.50 update the OFFICIAL way, you said blue screen and bar and all that. That's not how the recovery mode is supposed to work. It'll be a black screen with text, just text, and as the recovery is going you'll see % indicators for each step.

The recovery screen looks just like the Custom Firmware installer screen (using 3.XX OE-X as an example here.)

I think you need to redownload your recovery folder - from somewhere else this time

And as far as pushing your luck ... well ... I screwed up and went to 3.10 OE-A' and I decided to recover and go back to 3.03 OE-C so I could get a custom topmenu ... and it worked fine for me. I used the recovery folder someone here posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Nyne
    3.03 custom firmware is 1.5. It just has new features. If you get 3.03 CF, make a ms0:/PSP/Game150 folder, and put your homebrew in there. Go into recovery mode and set your homebrew game folder to 1.50 kernel, and all should work.
    No, there have been reports of Basillisk II not being compatible with any custom firmware. It just doesn't work.

For right now, you need genuine 1.5 to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Nyne
    I am aware of this, but 3.03 does not emulate all 1.5 homebrew as I have recently discovered.

Darked:

I have been going back to 1.5 this way several times, it works. The instructions I read for recovery were simply place the 1.5 EBOOT at psp/game/recovery so thats what I did. damn I feel dumb now.