Thread: F&%! Ebay!!!

1. #1 F&%! Ebay!!! 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP t_kimborugh_t05's Avatar
    Maybe I'm the only one, but since I don't play my PSP anymore, I decided to post it on ebay. During the auction I had 3 fraudulent bidders who all wanted me to ship to Africa and they went through fraud Paypal sights to say that I have to confirm shipping before they confirm payment. I called paypal and they said they NEVER require shipping before payment. To top it all off, the auction was going really well till some asshole threw an outlandish bid in ($787.00 to be exact) and nobody else would bid on it cause that amount was too high. Now I paid ebay AND I still have something I really needed to sell, that's why I'm like **** EBAY!!!!

PS. Thanks for listening to me rant.
    These are chess moves, not checkers.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    have you messaged ebay? they KNOW those are fraudulent bidders and they will help you out... and also you can cancel their bids, and email them telling them your reporting them to authorities.

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    That happened to me all the time when i tried to sell my first PSP and i got really aggravated and frustrated like you... then i learned how to fix it. at the beginning and end of your item description, in big bold red font, place the warning "I SHIP TO <COUNTRY> ONLY!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!! NO SCAMMERS!!!"

worked for me every time after that... here's one of my previous ebay psp auctions as an example... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300063565143

p.s. once ebay officially bans that particular character in Africa, you will get your auction fee's refunded... may take a week or two, though...

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Snookao's Avatar
    my friends tried selling his ps2 with all the games and stuff and got a email from a guy in africa saying that she will pay 1k for it, but when he checked where the email was comming from it said NY or sumptin so he talked to ebay and the banned her. (it was most likely a him though)
    "Owned" (often typed in leet speak among gamers) is an internet slang word used commonly in gaming circles to acknowledge a form of superiority through the downfall of another entity, be it another gaming clan, or a single user.

If your not first, your last- Talladega Nights

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    im looking for a psp, how much you asking for?
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    took me 9 trys to sell my alienware laptop on ebay. i had to relist 6 times before i started getting real bidders. one good plan of attack is to not have a buy it now price. makes it too easy for scammers to end the auction and cost u money. aslo note in the auction that you only ship to usa and canada, as well as only taking mail in payments. make it as hard as possible for a scammer to buy your item
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker crimsn's Avatar
    The best way to go is to have "immediate payment required" that way the listing will stay up until someone has actually paid for it and its in you paypal account. Also change the preferences to only buyers with a +1 feedback can bid on the item. Best of luck man I went through the same shyte.

Not to hijack your thread or anything but If you've sold your psp...PSP if your interested I have two that I want to get rid of (V1.5 original FW and 2.71) I never play them anymore...
    tnx drizz

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsn
    The best way to go is to have "immediate payment required" that way the listing will stay up until someone has actually paid for it and its in you paypal account. Also change the preferences to only buyers with a +1 feedback can bid on the item. Best of luck man I went through the same shyte.

Not to hijack your thread or anything but If you've sold your psp...PSP if your interested I have two that I want to get rid of (V1.5 original FW and 2.71) I never play them anymore...
    let me know how much you want? im a little short on cash right now
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Senior Member I Modded My PSP t_kimborugh_t05's Avatar
    I already sold it to a friend. New Update!!!! I got an email from ebay saying my account was suspended because I violated their policy and ALL my auctions were cancelled. I only had one, I looked at the others and they were 6 auctions for different cars like a Mercedez, a 350Z, a Nissan Sentra. I WISH I had these cars!! I say again MOTHERF*** EBAY!!!!!!!!!!
    These are chess moves, not checkers.

Member PSP User
    yeah, i feel like saying **** ebay all the time.. there's always so much bullshit with that site.. and with paypal.

when you sell stuff, you're always going to get those ****twats from africa or nigeria, they have a store, a friend, a son, wants to buy your item, broken engrish, wants to pay more for your item than you're asking, will pay for shipping, blah blah blah... best way to deal with them is either ignore them, or tell them to **** off (what i do).. if they do put a bid in, cancel their bid. honestly, i gave up a while ago trying to sell stuff on fleabay. it's a ripoff to begin with. ebay takes a large cut, just isnt worth it. i stick to local buy n sell forums to sell all my stuff. deal with locals, unless someone's willing to pay upfront (with lots of positive feedback, i never have a problem)

can always use craigslist, if you have a local one.. but still get spammed by the jerkoffs looking to scam you there too.. just gotta have your wits about you and read the signs so you dont get ripped off.

as far as that email you got, it was a phishing email. really gotta be careful with those dude. if there was a link in there asking you to sign in and verify all of your information, i really hope you didnt, cuz if you did you just signed your 'life' away to some shitnut with half a brain and zero conscience.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP whitelamp's Avatar
    Ebay is....sleezy. Go with Amazon.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    This is why I stay away from E-Bay unless it's the only possible place to get / sell something...

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i like ebay for buying car parts... i got my rims for my rsx through ebay, as well as fenders when i owned my charger. ive been ripped off a few times though, just like everyone else who uses ebay
    R.I.P Zoidberg