Thread: xbox 360 mod quick question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 xbox 360 mod quick question 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    So,

I have a flashed Hitachi drive with the latest extreme f/w flashed on it. Plays backups no problem. Question is, would it be able to play backed up pal games. The console is ntsc.

Thanks.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP thetwiztidfreak's Avatar
    I would think it would but the people on xbox-scene.com would prolly have a better idea. I have been reading about 360 modding for a while but since all it can do is play backups no real gain for me. I modded my original XBOX and all the homebrew and XBMC is what i like about it. and playing games off the HD. My 360 has died on me 3 times so im kind of weery about opening it up, not quite ready to void my warranty.

yah, I would go to xbox scene..but Im baned from there. Long story short, dont trust friends with your passwords.

damn that sux man. I think you can i know once you modded an ORIGINAL xbox it allowed you to play other region games. Just give it a try worse can happen is it wont load the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thetwiztidfreak
    damn that sux man. I think you can i know once you modded an ORIGINAL xbox it allowed you to play other region games. Just give it a try worse can happen is it wont load the game.
    yeah, i geuss so.

Man, original modded xboxes were the shit eh. Frig, I loved that thing lol. Had like, over 70 games too lol.

but your right, xbmc was so sweet.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    what does the hack do anyway? i have a 360, but never knew how to hack it or do anything

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    I worked @ 1-800-4-my-xbox, the place you call when your 360 ****s up, if you live in canada i would really wait until your warranty expires. This is because in canada MS has to replace your box with a brand new one if it is faulty, unlike in america where they just send you some ****ed up piece of crap they "refurbished". It is some kind of Canadian consumer law clause, I don't know the exact details. But yay for the canadian government protecting their consumers. The ammount of American customers that called and said the "fixed" box we sent back to them had the three red lights, was unbelievable.

WOW, i wish i lived in canada but, then again its like freezing cold there

Quote Originally Posted by urineanus
    I worked @ 1-800-4-my-xbox, the place you call when your 360 ****s up, if you live in canada i would really wait until your warranty expires. This is because in canada MS has to replace your box with a brand new one if it is faulty, unlike in america where they just send you some ****ed up piece of crap they "refurbished". It is some kind of Canadian consumer law clause, I don't know the exact details. But yay for the canadian government protecting their consumers. The ammount of American customers that called and said the "fixed" box we sent back to them had the three red lights, was unbelievable.
    ..so would it work? a pal game on my ntsc 360?

Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE#51
    WOW, i wish i lived in canada but, then again its like freezing cold there
    yeah, its not really that warm here right now. And I have to walk home from a firneds right now shitty. A good 4km walk in the freezing cold, ugh.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    Pal would work if you get a free-region enabler. a PAL back-up is not going to work on your back-enabled 360 no. I got out of the XBOX MOD scene a while ago, so I do not know if an enabler works on the 360. Just ask around a BOX forum.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Same question here,

I want to buy a 360 for Gears of Wars and Ridge Racer 2...

But what's there to mod on an XBOX ? Would someone say? Only playing backups ? or is there more ?

any response will be appreciated.

As of right now all you can do with a modded 360 is play back-up games. Some ones HAS found an exploit that allows you to run unsigned code but all anyone has actually gotten running is a simple hello world message. So its only a matter of time before things start poping up for it. Also as of right now to run unsigned code you have to have one of the first to kernels on the xbox 360 to do it. so newer ones and ones that have updated it will not work with.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Thanks man for your response,

One more question is it possible to dump your game to your "360 hard drive" ? and play it without a disc ? Itd be fun to get your games and just dump them i there and play them whenever.

Is this possible ?

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mime
    Thanks man for your response,

One more question is it possible to dump your game to your "360 hard drive" ? and play it without a disc ? Itd be fun to get your games and just dump them i there and play them whenever.

Is this possible ?

thanks again

sadly, not yet. In time my young Padawan

so, you can play fake games for free? how do you do that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast