Thread: F*cking Windows!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 F*cking Windows! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    I had to install a plain Jane copy of XP to do some DEV work for PSP. The installation I had before played nice with the PSP. Now its a different story. It recognizes it as PSP type A, the way it should, but it says insert disk into E:! This is lame. works with my Mac no problem. any drivers I find for PSP are for the poor saps that are still using windows 98. I formatted the MS with the PSP. Windows recognizes the amount of space on the MS, but will not let me format it. This is why I went to Mac. Utter bullshit.

same thing with multiple cards.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    All it needs is the USB Mass Storage driver, as in the general system driver for running USB Mass Storage devices. Just insert the Windows disc, or mount it with Daemon tools if you just have an iso. The file you need is /i386/DRIVER.CAB or somesuch. Any WinXP DRIVER.CAB should work, so any XP disc or iso will do.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Arby_3000's Avatar
    Lol, you need to install certain drivers (the one Darked said) your self, so plug and play things can install their own drivers automatically.
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

all i needed was three, count them three restarts
    no drivers necessary

crystal XP did not give that problem

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Arby_3000's Avatar
    Crazy mac users and lack of Pc knowledge

:P
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

I was PC before I was Mac. Once you go Mac you drag your feet back to PC. Stupid windows is what I say. I could hook a microwave up to my Mac and it would recognize it no driver cd needed.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP whitelamp's Avatar
    Windows? pfft. Get a mac or a flavor of linux. You can run what you need from windows in WINE [Free] or Crossover Linux Pro [Not free].

your talking to a mac guy. PSP DEV KIT requires windows and so does the .pbp unpacker.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EviL OnE's Avatar
    skrew mac.. windows/linux dualboot FTW
    "Pleasure spiked with pain"

screw you buddy. have fun with vista, a.k.a wannabe OS X. Sad that it took them 4 years to come up with vista and all it does is try to be OS X to the best of it's ability. Leopard is going to come out and give them something else to try to rip off for the next 4 years. PC will never be better than Mac, ever. Until Microsoft begins to build it's own computers. Macs have unlimited integrated support and compatibility since apple makes the software and the hardware. I bet the only reason you are ripping on Mac is that you have never tried one.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by urineanus
    screw you buddy. have fun with vista, a.k.a wannabe OS X. Sad that it took them 4 years to come up with vista and all it does is try to be OS X to the best of it's ability. Leopard is going to come out and give them something else to try to rip off for the next 4 years. PC will never be better than Mac, ever. Until Microsoft begins to build it's own computers. Macs have unlimited integrated support and compatibility since apple makes the software and the hardware. I bet the only reason you are ripping on Mac is that you have never tried one.
    One thing PC users can do that mac users cant:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant

go play some games..oh wait, Mac can't play games thats right. Ok, umm go make one of those nifty vidos mac users are always talking about. I bet thats twice the amount of fun.

macs play games, if you want. most popular titles come out with a Mac version. It's more of a grown-up system. I get my game fix on the console circuit. Most Pc games involve wizards and mana points and gay shit like that. But your little picture is funny.

but what I said is true. The problem is that everything is tailored to windows so people have a problem admitting windows is shit, because that says their computer is shit; which it is. Macs have a longer life span. I have an 8 year old g3 that I still use, that is honestly fast enough to net surf and listen to itunes while downloading stuff. It also streams internet video just fine. Oh and it's stock hardware besides a memory upgrade, and it is also running tiger. Let's see you 8 year old PC run vista, much less multi-task.

Power Mac g5 will eat any PC for a lite snack.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Hockeyman's Avatar
    and I thought console flame wars were stupid....THIS IS WORSE
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

well he should not have started waving the PC flag, if he did not want me to break it down for him like it is. I'm not hating on PC owners, they are cheaper machines that are more widely available. So that is what most people go for. However, they are turds compared to their mac counterparts.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    vista, sure its shit I'll never upgrade.
    But I'll have to disagree with you on macs lifespan. I have an old g3 and that thing is useless. I have Tiger running on it as well and last year I put a new hard drive reformatting and starting from scratch in an effort to use it again as another web surfing computer in the house. Useless. The thing is sitting in my closet again. They my look really neat, but they just aint me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast