Thread: GameStop Sucks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 GameStop Sucks. 
    So, today I dropped my gamestop, hoping to find an unpatched version of GTA:LCS. I walk in, get greeted by some nerdy-looking lady (as i expected), and she asks me how she can help me. I ask her if she knows anything about PSP's and she said that she does. So I ask her if the store has any unpatched versions of GTA:LCS. She stops for a second, I guess in an attempt to comprehend what the **** I just said, and she respond with a simple "No". So, it's clear to me by now that she doesn't even know what that is and I ask her if they allow the games to be tested to see if they actually work before the purchase, as I pulled out my PSP. She goes, "No we've had too many cases of theft in this store". So, by then I just give up on her and thank her for wasting my time and I walk out.

Thus, GameStop sucks.

Do any of you have GameStop stores near you? (I'm in AZ)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    just because the lady is not into the MOD scene, and thus would not know about the GTA exploit, does not mean that she "sucks". My homeboy is a manager at a gamestop in Houston, and I frequent gamestop often, and like the store and find most of the employees to be decently knowledgeable about the products at hand. I will sell you my mint condition un-patched GTA for $70 plus shipping. Pay Pal only.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    LMAO $70?

i know your joking, but that made a little part of me die inside because i was laughing

I think i'll pass. I'd rather get one off ebay for about 20$ or less, Or from BlockBuster for about 5$. And yeah, I guess I shouldn't make that all-out generalization about GameStop. Just about her

most gamestops around me are cool, some kid will make fun of my spiderman obsession though, and my psp obsession, but its overall awesome

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    obvious joke, but I have seen one go for $50 something on EBAY.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sevanyr's Avatar
    I think GameStop is pretty cool. However, I think EB sucks, but they're essentially the same company, I think.

We have no GameStops here in Vancouver, just EBs. I would shop at GameStop if they had it here over EB. However, if the same lackluster service at my EB given to me were to be duplicated at ANY store, even GameStop, I would quickly add them to my list of places I don't shop. With everyone in my area boycotting EB, it's a damn shame they don't pack up and leave already; it's like a barren wasteland in there everytime I walk by. But, I digress.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, TweaKs, but I had quite the opposite experience at the GameStop I shopped at and under similar circ(u)mstances too! I'm no fanboy or anything (How can I be with no GameStops where I live? ), but what you described is almost identical to what happened to me, save for the end result.

I had to pick up my copy of GTA:LCS from a GameStop in the states. When I went to get my copy of GTA, I asked the lady over the phone if they had the unpatched version. She knew what it was and why I needed. She said that most people buy the game, downgrade thier PSP and trade it back in. They were only too happy to reserve it for me. Two days later, I went down there and asked them if I could try it on my PSP to make sure it was the correct version. She said yes, though she also said that they generally don't let people do that. Sure enough it was the right version and the lady knew what to expect as I booted up the game and loaded HEN. As soon as HEN was running, I paid for the game and left.

Pretty painless.
    Hong Kong TA-082 PSP-1006 /w Chotto Shot Camera, 8gb Memory Stick Pro Duo and GTA:LCS Unpatched.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    the only reason why i dislike gamestop is that i always see them rip off little kids, like by giving them used games when they paid for a new one. I think thats so ****ed up

i hate that there both the same company thing now...i used to like going to EB now it dosent matter

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Haha yeah :P

I was seeing this *USED GAMES* for over $30......

WT is that............... a complete rip off.

used 360 games are $55 its a F*cken great deal!! save $5 for a scratched disk with no book. i dont buy used anymore.

ugh I no longer show there. I have been ripped off to many times.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Yeah, they had an X360 system I was looking at yesterday, it was used. I had them boxing it up and everything. They wanted $250 for it so I THOUGHT it was the $400 system that includes the hard drive...

"So ... where's the hard drive?"

"Oh! No man, this is a core system."

"Ahh... no thanks then."

And I walked out the door

I mean seriously ... $250+ tax for a core system! A core system with no BOX mind you! And who is to say I won't take it home and get the red ring of death? Plus ... $250+ tax is ALMOST $300 ... the base price of a NEW CORE SYSTEM ... lol.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Hockeyman's Avatar
    yeah the other day i went in there to trade in SOcom 2 and they wanted to give me 15 bucks for it! I know I can make atleast 25 on craigslist. Then when I look apprehensive and start to reach for the game back this jerk employe comes over and starts telling me that thats good because they normally only give seven. ( at the time I was going to tell him that the fact that they were cheap bastards and were buying games for 7 and selling them for 30 does not justify the horrible price.) In conclusion NEVER TRADE IN GAMES AT GAMESTOP. also shortly before that I traded in a bunch of gamecube games and they gave my 1.50 a piece for them, and practically refused to not let me trade them in.
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

i almost traded them marvel ultimate allience for $8... FYE gave me $20

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast