Thread: Ok, your the Developer...

1. #1 Ok, your the Developer... 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    If you were asked to create the PERFECT game, or in your mind an awesome game, what would you make? a sandbox game? a fighting man on man game? a puzzle game? (doesent matter about the system or the capacity needed)

My creation would be

an online multiplayer game, almost like the sims, except you choose the city you live in, and you play as if you were living in that city, and you can talk to other people you are playing with and against, anyway, in the game you can race the car you own, grow a family, fist fights, etc. almost like an interactive chat room sort of game... anyway what about you guys?

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    oh boy... now u did it. ive had an idea in my mind for awhile now

its a stealth/survival game that takes place during WW2. you are a polish prisoner of war, trapped in a german concentration camp. weakened from weeks of being there, youve hatched a plan to escape. the game starts after the destrution of a major building (it happened in real life) and from there, u begin your escape from the place. along the way youre given chances to grab weapons. most of them will consist of wooden stakes and blunt objects. once in awhile youre given the chance to grab a Luger but using it will raise alarm. some of the features of my game would be a "Stress meter" that raises slowly as enemys get closer to you or after youve been attacked. theres no health meter, so your character will show signs of weakness. youll bleed if attacked, so keeping wounds covered will help in the stealth factor. along the way youre given chances to help people being tortured or about to be executed, but saving them may hurt your escape, so its up to you if u do anything or pass by. after escaping the main camp, youll spend some time running through the woods and evading germans and hunting dogs. the game takes you along a route back towards poland, joining more refuges along the way and arming yourselfs for possible battles.

id keep the game pretty open ended so theres several ways to solve issues as well as affect gameplay. however, the big catch is the death of your character. he dies and the game is over... permently. you need to start a new game everytime you die, so plan those moves carefully

too bad the topic of the game is so sensitive, otherwise it might have a chance of being made
    R.I.P Zoidberg

wow, now that sounds interesting to me... im big into WWII and followed the holocaust alot throughout High school and college. I like the fact that if you die, you need to start the game over, that may be fustrating, but i think its awesome. as for it being sensative, i dont think thats why it wont be released. I've played a sims game except like the holocaust, ive played the re-assasination of JFK, i've even played a columbine RPG and a 9/11 game... theyre built on major tragedies, but your game is built more specifically on survuval, and i think that may be a key factor in the big seller of it...

also if i may ask, are you a big follower of WWII as well?

ahh - and my "open chat room game" thingamabob i made up, is that almost like "WOW''?

i blame wikipedia... i get pulled into reading about stuff, but yeah... i love ww2. theres so much history revolving around it and so much potential for games besides FPS titles. espically the Unit 731 events... another possibility for a game like the one i thought up. look it up... its good reading
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    If I was gonna make a game it'd be a game where you fly. No planes, no helicopters, just you, flying. You'd have to complete missions and you'd have special moves and such.

The world would be layed out kinda like in Bahamut Lagoon, where people live on floating sky islands.

It would make a damn fine MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    oh boy... now u did it. ive had an idea in my mind for awhile now

its a stealth/survival game that takes place during WW2. you are a polish prisoner of war, trapped in a german concentration camp. weakened from weeks of being there, youve hatched a plan to escape. the game starts after the destrution of a major building (it happened in real life) and from there, u begin your escape from the place. along the way youre given chances to grab weapons. most of them will consist of wooden stakes and blunt objects. once in awhile youre given the chance to grab a Luger but using it will raise alarm. some of the features of my game would be a "Stress meter" that raises slowly as enemys get closer to you or after youve been attacked. theres no health meter, so your character will show signs of weakness. youll bleed if attacked, so keeping wounds covered will help in the stealth factor. along the way youre given chances to help people being tortured or about to be executed, but saving them may hurt your escape, so its up to you if u do anything or pass by. after escaping the main camp, youll spend some time running through the woods and evading germans and hunting dogs. the game takes you along a route back towards poland, joining more refuges along the way and arming yourselfs for possible battles.

id keep the game pretty open ended so theres several ways to solve issues as well as affect gameplay. however, the big catch is the death of your character. he dies and the game is over... permently. you need to start a new game everytime you die, so plan those moves carefully

too bad the topic of the game is so sensitive, otherwise it might have a chance of being made
    They (pretty much) already have that game ... it's called 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein'

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    I love WWII as well,

I beat Return to Castle Wolfenstein" It was a great game.! the graphics are good as well. not the best but nobody cant be mad about it. Its amazing.

only theres very few guns and a high empesis on stressful situations (comparing my games to CWS)
    R.I.P Zoidberg

have u ever played axis and allies for the PC? its like a puzzle board game and you control either axis or the allies and control the strength of your army on each contry and try to recreate WWII, its pretty fun

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justinisloco
    have u ever played axis and allies for the PC? its like a puzzle board game and you control either axis or the allies and control the strength of your army on each contry and try to recreate WWII, its pretty fun
    Yeah, it's based on the Axis and Allies board game. The PC game is easier to play but the board game is so much more fun. You get into it alot more.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker bender123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    its a stealth/survival game that takes place during WW2. you are a polish prisoner of war, trapped in a german concentration camp.
    I had a relative that was a POW not sure if it was in a German or Russian camp tho, he survived. Also my Uncle was a sniper during WW2. I saw and walked around Auschwitz, it doesn't hit you as much because time changes things... I love visiting Poland, seeing all the tanks, trenches, weapons and stuff. +1 for being a kick ass Pole, -1 to all you losers who never left America lol and +1 for people that take that offensively...lol...
    Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying get some rest
    From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
    What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)
    What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Gameunreal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkED
    If I was gonna make a game it'd be a game where you fly. No planes, no helicopters, just you, flying. You'd have to complete missions and you'd have special moves and such.

The world would be layed out kinda like in Bahamut Lagoon, where people live on floating sky islands.

It would make a damn fine MMORPG.

They (pretty much) already have that game ... it's called 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein'
    called fsx my friend. except no computer out today can handle the grafics with the sliders set to max. 2 great sites to check out about fs are www.fs2004.com and www.simviation.com