Thread: Tmnt

1. #1 Tmnt 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Starring - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Scooby Doo), Chris Evans (Fantastic 4), Kevin Smith (Clerks II), Patrick Stewart (X-Men), Lawrence Fishburne (Matrix)

Premise - The movie takes place years after the last film, where they have defeated the shredder. Master Splinter (The rat) tries to keep them together because of Leo leaving to train as a leader. The villan of the movie (Sorry forgot his name) tryd to capture 13 anchient monsters to defeat this curse, and the monsters he sent out to capture them also start destroying the city a bit.

I thought this movie was great, packed with action, kept me warped into the film, the animation was great, overall fun experience. I loved the turtles growing up and this was just an awesome film.

Somewhat violent (animated)
    Rated PG

Score - 8.5/10

EDIT - i MUST mention just in case.. this had no original theme song.... the soundtrack was very modern... nothing original about the choice of songs...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    I'm not interested in seeing it. It's tailored for kids, and it's a bastard child to the REAL TMNT movies (1991 - 1994.) I want my turtles to be gritty and use bad language from time to time

trust me, its very well worth seeing!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    I watched the preview and it looks SUPER FUN! LIke.. Is going to make you laugh for a long time.

talking of Sarah Michelle gellar.. The scooby doo movie was pathetic.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP thetwiztidfreak's Avatar
    thx for he review i was wondering if it was gonna be any good or not. I willahve to fo check it out, I always loved TMNT when I was a kid.

sarah michelle plays the voice of april in this one and the scooby doo movies sucked as well, so did the grudge, but i just put the 1st movie that comes to my head when i name the actors

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkED
    I'm not interested in seeing it. It's tailored for kids, and it's a bastard child to the REAL TMNT movies (1991 - 1994.) I want my turtles to be gritty and use bad language from time to time
    Amen to that....ever sice I picked up the TMNT graphic novels, I haven't wanted to go back to the tv versions.

And I would love to see them all back in red....rather than multi-colored.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP spicy's Avatar
    hell, tmnt will be a great movie for those of us who grew up in the tmnt hay days. ive still got all my tmnt toys. lol.

im looking forward to seeing this movie, i just gotta get the little nephews together to come with me.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    if shreder is not in the movie, how come I saw foot soldiers in a trailer? thats kind of confusing. and what about krang? (I think thats the brain guys name, it has been literally more than a decade since I watched some TMNT cartoons)

the shredder is dead, the foot is in there thoough because they are hired by a new guy... but there is a nice quote at the end you may like

This movie was the perfect chance for them to finally make a *real* TMNT movie based on the graphic novels. You know, up the violence to at LEAST PG-13, throw in some racy language, and generally darken things up. I wouldn't even care if they tackled the origin story again.

But no, looks like we're still stuck with the kid-friendly, goofy, sanitized turtles. The movie looks like it's not even going to top the first few episodes of the TV series. I'm still going to watch it out of curiosity, though.
    Rocking 0.08 posts per day - because you can have too much of a good thing.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP InfectedWaves's Avatar
    it was still cool >.>
    Please cheeks stay closed

yeah although targeted for children, its deff fun to watch for us teens or adults

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kriskrakker
    This movie was the perfect chance for them to finally make a *real* TMNT movie based on the graphic novels. You know, up the violence to at LEAST PG-13, throw in some racy language, and generally darken things up. I wouldn't even care if they tackled the origin story again.
    Here here....my thoughts exactly, but not many know about these turtles. The majority of people that have heard of the TMNT only know the ones that fight for truth, justice, and a bigger slice of pizza. I've outgrown those...but I will never outgrow the graphic novel version.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

I am now your love cleric.