Thread: Toys 'r' Nostalgia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Toys 'r' Nostalgia 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Nostalgia-
    nos̉ۈ …¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ talÆ…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ ·gia - [no-stal-juh, -jee-uh, nuh-]
    ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬ ¡Ã‚¬Ã…“noun
    1. a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time: a nostalgia for his college days.

What was a toy everyone used to collect as a child?

I used to collect Swamp Thing, Terminator 2, Spiderman The Animated Series, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Action Figures.

I went to a Toys 'R' Us today to buy some of the new spiderman 3 figures, to save as collectibles, but I opened one because it has a suction cup webbing, i thought i'd hang it in my car window. Turns out i havent had the feeling of opening a box with a toy inside, and smelling that "New Toy Smell" in a long time, I ended up opening the rest except one, but basically I ask, what were the toys you collected as a child? Do you still have them? will you ever go back to own them even for fun?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Snookao's Avatar
    I used to have a ton of Hot Wheels cars. I allways opened them (didnt know a thing about value when i was young) and made sweet race courses around my house.

I dont buy them anymore because I wouldnt play with them.

And I used to have a hotweals game for the computer and it was the shit. You could do flips and everything.
    "Owned" (often typed in leet speak among gamers) is an internet slang word used commonly in gaming circles to acknowledge a form of superiority through the downfall of another entity, be it another gaming clan, or a single user.

If your not first, your last- Talladega Nights

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Transformers, C.o.p.s. and Ninja Turtles. I got the Turtle Blimp for from from a friend...that was sweet.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP darth vader's Avatar
    My parents limited my toy collecting (in the mid 1980s) to Masters of the Universe and Hot Wheels. When Transformers were big I asked for one for my birthday and my father, who works for an electric company (high voltage) told me that the next one he pulled down off a pole could be mine.

My Masters of the Universe action figures are in my old toybox in a closet at my parents house.

I collect Star Wars action figures now, well pretty much Star Wars anything, and I still collect vintage Masters of the Universe.

You'd be surprised at all the old memorabilia from my past I see and pick up at Yard Sales and Garage Sales. When work is slow, and I can slip out, I try to meet my Mom somewhere and we make a day of it.

I'm big into nostalgia though, I'm getting old. I'd rather sit and play Intellivision from the actual console instead of playing a PSP game or emulator.
    _

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed! The ability to modify a PSP is insignifiicant next to the power of the force.

The Bunny is nothing to The Sith!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    I used to collect G.I. Joe action figures, transformers (and Go Bots, the generic rip off transformers), Heman (Masters of the Universe) action figures. I still have my G.I. Joe toys at my dad's house.

@Demondude... I remember C.O.P.S. Lol, there was a guy called like "Long Arm of the Law" or something who had a set of hand cuffs that shot out of his arm. Good stuff. You remember M.A.S.K.? They had cars that transformed into aircraft and such. Good stuff back in the day
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    I have so much star wars crap. the side show stuff is expensive as hell but so badass.
    I have

they are so detailed, but like I said expensive as hell. I have so much star wars crap, its all over the place. Its actually pretty funny to hook up with a chick and get them in your room. They usually second guess sleeping with you when they discover you're a star wars geek.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzle
    I used to collect G.I. Joe action figures, transformers (and Go Bots, the generic rip off transformers), Heman (Masters of the Universe) action figures. I still have my G.I. Joe toys at my dad's house.

@Demondude... I remember C.O.P.S. Lol, there was a guy called like "Long Arm of the Law" or something who had a set of hand cuffs that shot out of his arm. Good stuff. You remember M.A.S.K.? They had cars that transformed into aircraft and such. Good stuff back in the day
    M.A.S.K was my favorite show...but my parents only let me get the motercycles. I have Hurricane on the top of my tv tho...that was my all-time fav.

ANd yep..those cops...fighting crime in a future time.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Arby_3000's Avatar
    Hotwheel cars are all that i have left of my child hood.

But i do remeber Beasties transformers =D
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

I remember the ghostbusters toys i had as well... i had this

and i remember playing with this ALL the time, without any action figures lol, i was just in love with it

I mean im almost 20 and im already buying all of these things again, i bought all the spiderman action figures and made a diaramma for them, and im currently doing a T2 one.... maybe ill do one for the teenage mutant ninja turtle toys

Im not sure if theyre head popped inside their body, or if that was just the mcdonalds versions lol... but these are all trips down memory lane... when life was simple

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Wow looks like im not the only one collecting things.

I have a collection of:

1. 3Dfx Voodoo Graphic Cards
    2. Saint Seiya Myth Cloth <<< this is my most precious treasure >>>

These are only previews of the myth cloths, I might post mine, but they are sealed in the box still :P and i dont think I'll even open them but LATER when I'm very old :P.

3. Megaman Games From (NES to PS2)
    4. Zelda games (NES to WII)
    5. SNES games

I had Turtles when I was little.. I loved the sword turtle.. He kicked butt!!!!

well im talking more of toys than games really... lol but games count i guess

Nik
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nik's Avatar
    speaking of toys games and turtles

anyway for me it was spawn stuff why? cause im related to the dude.
    have a shit ton of it in storage. also comic books. but i collect game wise mario bro's and zelda stuff. dont know why zelda since ive never finished a single zelda game but i have them all. anymore though i just kinda watch what im buying.
    PSP 3.03->1.50 1.50->3.40OE
    PS3 Owner With a 200GB Hard Drive and Running Yellow Dog Linux on it.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

http://www.myspace.com/niktc

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Snookao's Avatar
    I have only finished windwaker and the GBA four swords. Actually I beat four swords three times in two weeks. I was on a raod trip acrost the country.
    "Owned" (often typed in leet speak among gamers) is an internet slang word used commonly in gaming circles to acknowledge a form of superiority through the downfall of another entity, be it another gaming clan, or a single user.

If your not first, your last- Talladega Nights

Quote Originally Posted by Nik
    speaking of toys games and turtles

anyway for me it was spawn stuff why? cause im related to the dude.
    have a shit ton of it in storage. also comic books. but i collect game wise mario bro's and zelda stuff. dont know why zelda since ive never finished a single zelda game but i have them all. anymore though i just kinda watch what im buying.
    i remember the spawn toys, the red cape that came off, it was plastic, i loved the clown (forgot his name) and the satan as a large monster one... i remember loving them, they had such detail it was awesome

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    shame on you guys for never beating the NES zelda. go sit in the corner, now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast