Thread: Grindhouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Grindhouse 
    10/10

I loved this movie. There is intense blood and gore... so the squeemish- stay away.

The first movie in the film "Terror Planet" is about action, love, $ex, $ex, conspiracy, and fighting off mutated... basicaly zombies. There are a small percentage of the population not offected by the sorce of the virus (not spoiling). These people have to survive hordes of monsters attacking them... trying to eat them. The best parts of this half, have to be: Seeing a soldier's testicles and **** melt off of his body (you see it from behind) and seeing Freddy RodrÃÆâ€⠄¢ÃƒÆ’‚­g uez shooting zombies, in a perpetual wheelie on a pocketbike at the front of a convoy.

In between films, there are extreemely funny trailers for fake movies. A WWII movie "Werewolf Women of the SS" writen and directed by Rob Zombie, featuring Nicholas Cage as fu man chu. A horor movie about a cerial killer "Thanksgiving", and an add for a sandwich shop ect.

10/10

The second half of this film "Death Proof" is a mix between the normal blood and gore, and comedy. This part stars Kurt Russell. There is great detail in this part. The name of the sandwich shop from the add, in between films, was on every beer bottle and cup in the film. There is one point where Kurt Russell crashes through a sign in a car chase, and it says "Scary Movie 4". As for funny, in one point... the girls leave their sleeping friend with a farmer- telling him that she is a pron star. Seeing Kurt Russell... god of manliness and mocho-movie star of "Escape From New York" screaming like a little bitch. (Not spoiling why)

There are some other things you will notice. The same sets are used... The hospital that was once all blood and gore in "Terror Planet" is now a normal, regular hospital in "Death Proof". Some of the same cast are used... the sherif is the same person in both movies... the doctors are the same, the soldier whose **** fell off is now I think he was a cop in "Death Proof"... whatever, anyway. MUST SEE.

Double thumbs up, 5 stars, 10/10 ****ing go see it now!

1.5>2.7>2.8>3.03>3.10>1.5>3.10 OE-A>3.10 OE-A2

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Madhatter's Avatar
    thanks for the review...i was going to go see it and now i want to even more
    The Ability To Talk Does NOT Make You Intelligent
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay Zonday
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

No problem. I take it that you liked the review? Oh, BTW: whatever happens in Terror Planet, dont leave your seat.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    UGH!!!!

Is it possible to downgrade form 3.10 OE-A' to 3.03 OE-C?

but i agree with your review completely... lol
    i just wanted to make it in the format the way i asked so in the review guidelines

This movie wasnt as "grindhouse" as i thought though, im thinking disgusting dirty nasty, and it was, until after the first death in death proof lol..

"thanksgiving" was disgusting.. and i loved that about it, with the knife and cheerleader, everyone was clinhing in my theater, and all i thought about was the dildo from se7en...

heres the thing

ITS ALMOST 4 HOURS LONG!!!! i went there at 6 40 for a 7 showing, and credits were just starting.. lol... and the show before mine was 3 or 3 30 so... its a long ass movie, VERY well worth it

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    DAMN I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME AND SEE IT NOW!! I can watch a hodgie copy here of some afghani sitting in a movie theatre with a video camera, but i don't think i will spoil it...i will wait the last 45 days to go see it!!!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP thetwiztidfreak's Avatar
    Cant wait to see this one, I saw them driving around filming it a couple times here in Austin.

/\
    they filmed death proof in austin

I will ask though, to those who have seen it, what did you like better?

I personally loved Planet terror since it was closer and more like a real grindhouse flick, than death proof which was more about story and acting rather than gore and death.

But on the other hand, Death proof was so much fun to watch, and kurt russel was oscar worthy in this film... you choose

Senior Member I Modded My PSP InfectedWaves's Avatar
    saw it last night, was so stoked on the gore of planet terror, but i was exteremely let down with death proof
    the idea behind the story of death proof is so ****ing cool, why did tarintino have to make it suck more balls than anything i have ever seen
    thank god kurt was in it or i would have walked out on second half, and WOW DID THE ACTING OF THE SECOND GROUP OF GIRLS SUCK OR WHAT
    i give planet terror 10/10 and death proof 2/10
    Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    Please cheeks stay closed

you know what pisses me off? theyre going to re release the movie as 2 seperate films since no one saw it the opening weekend... ugh that sucks to the maximum

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    OHhhhhhhhhh..... So grindhouse is the movie with that weird chick that has a machine gun as a leg.. Looks sick :P.

I saw the preview on tv but didnt pay much attention.! Needs to give it a try.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP brokensafety's Avatar
    At first i though that this was going to stink from seeing the tv-spot, but i have got to see this cause death proof sounds awesome.

My great firmware journey

2.5-2.71-1.5-3.02oe a-1.5-3.03oe c-3.10oe a-1.5-3.03oe c

he shouldn't of ate my cookies

hmm i dont know it looks really weird and ive never seen a grindhouse type movie before. but after a review like that i might need 2 check it out

thanks for the heads up

"the doctors are the same, the soldier whose **** fell off is now I think he was a cop in "Death Proof"... whatever, anyway. MUST SEE."

first off, that soldier my friend, was quinten tarintino, one of the best directors out, also the director of the death proof segment... and he was not a cop, he was the bar owner in death proof... lol

but EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justinisloco
    "the doctors are the same, the soldier whose **** fell off is now I think he was a cop in "Death Proof"... whatever, anyway. MUST SEE."

first off, that soldier my friend, was quinten tarintino, one of the best directors out, also the director of the death proof segment... and he was not a cop, he was the bar owner in death proof... lol

but EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!
    Whatever I was too busy listening to a baby crying to see it in deathproof. (Who the **** brings a kid to a movie like that anyway?) And I suck with face/name connection. By the way, you think Freddy RodrÃÆâ€⠄¢ÃƒÆ’‚­g uez is related to the director RodrÃÆâ€⠄¢ÃƒÆ’‚­g uez?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    all i got to say is that i never seen so many fine women in one movie damn!!!!
    o yea and the movie is real good and funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast