Thread: Attention Members

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Attention Members 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    It has been brought to my attention that there has been some sharing of credit card information between members on this forum for purposes of completing online offers. Do not do this under any cir***stances. If you are providing CC info to people, you are putting yourself at a great risk especially if it is your parents credit card. Your information can be used or share with others and you could very easily become the victim of fraudulent charges. If someone has provided you with CC information in order for you to complete an offer for them, you have virtually no way to verify the CC information truely belongs to that person and you could very well be committing fraud using stolen credit card information. In this case, you are at fault and you will face the consequences of using the stolen information. Please be aware of the dangers of this type of action and do not share CC information and if someone tries to share CC information with you, please report it to myself or another moderator.

Thanks.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    yeah there is alot of people doing it. someone is gonna get screwed eventually. then theyll learn.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sevanyr's Avatar
    I'm all for killing the "PSP Scams" sub-forum myself. All it's become is a place for others to share information on completing online offers for rewards.

The last time I checked, this sort of thing was advertising and this is a PSP modification fansite. All this sort of free offers and refferals business should be relegated to one's signature.
    Hong Kong TA-082 PSP-1006 /w Chotto Shot Camera, 8gb Memory Stick Pro Duo and GTA:LCS Unpatched.

yeah. i think the Scams section should just be about sites that are selling fakes memory sticks, psp's, or psp accessories. they have forums to share CC info and get referrals.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker PSP_Bro's Avatar
    The CC info, as far as I know, is prepaid credit cards. However, unless they're giving them the cards for their own use forever, it's considered scamming
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    who me? im a perfect lil angel
    Quoted For Truth......Quoted for Truth

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    the scams section was supposed to be a part of the forum were you could post warnings about such scams, hence the name 'scams'..

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    just ban credit card sharing...
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Quote Originally Posted by auburntigersfan4life
    just ban credit card sharing...
    That's not the only issue here. The fact is, we have a sub-forum set up to alert others to possible PSP scams. This sub-forum is instead being used by people to share information on websites that reward you to complete forms. Only a few of them actually reward a PSP.

I don't think the fine folks who modmin this site would enjoy preening through information they would not usually enjoy looking at just to make sure credit card numbers don't slip through. It's unfair.

This is a PSP modification fan forum, not a pay money to complete forms fan forum. If people really want to help each other earn money on such websites, there is nothing preventing them from visiting forums specialized in such ventures or opening thier own forums or even advertising the fact in their signature.

The fact is this: We've let this gone on too long and now tainted credit card information was being passed around. This is completely unaccceptable and the easiest way to prevent future instances of fraud occuring is to simply remove the sub-forum responsible for this behaviour.
    Hong Kong TA-082 PSP-1006 /w Chotto Shot Camera, 8gb Memory Stick Pro Duo and GTA:LCS Unpatched.

ur logic makes no sense...then the tech discusion and nething goes here should be deleted as well...the scams section should stay...just like talkng bout piracy the mod will be informed...
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by auburntigersfan4life
    ur logic makes no sense...then the tech discusion and nething goes here should be deleted as well...the scams section should stay...just like talkng bout piracy the mod will be informed...
    Yes, but the difference is that a sub-forum like this leads to fraud happening. I have a hard time believing that our tech and Anything Goes could contribute towards such behaviour.

If you really use the "scams" sub-forum, why do you use it? What is so hard about joining a forum set up to deal with form filling and refferals? Moreover, such a forum would be better equipped to handle any questions you have about the services you want to use.

well then i guess homebrew would have to go to then sevanyr becuase some things talked about in there could lead to copyright issues...For example...lets say some1 says i dl all these games at www.********.com its a great site...thats the same as givin out a crdit card
    READ THIS THREAD!

i dont see how that offer shit is a scam anyway. arent scams when you get ripped off on a purchase online/real world? and the ones here dont seem to be scams. everyone says there legite. so they shouldnt be there.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker wolf0491's Avatar
    iv'e seen them all and they all are prepaid cards. so they won't be spendong really money off other people...

Member for over a year now!

Quote Originally Posted by psp scams
    Share all "FREE" PSP scams. Make others aware.
    look at the first page theres one on a bricked psp. one out of 50.

but one person gets a real card and whoever uses it is screwed
    READ THIS THREAD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast