View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton (D)

2 12.50%
  • John Edwards (D)

1 6.25%
  • Barrack Obama (D)

4 25.00%
  • Bill Richardson (D)

0 0%
  • Sam Brownback (R)

0 0%
  • Rudolph Giuliani (R)

0 0%
  • John McCain (R)

2 12.50%
  • W. Mitt Romney (R)

0 0%
  • independent Candidate

0 0%
  • Not Going to Vote

7 43.75%

Thread: 2008 Presidential Election

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 2008 Presidential Election 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    OK, for all you legal voters out there, i want to get a little census of what your political views are...Left or Right...Who are you going to be voting for in the upcoming Presidential Primary? I will list all 8 candidates...

**********EDIT**********
    If you are underage, don't select "Not going to Vote" we already know that...thanks

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Honestly, I believe that this will be one of the toughest presidential races to date. I'm not a strong supporter for any of the candidates (I tend to be a moderate/liberal). The direction in U.S. politics can change greatly if a Democrat were to be elected. The same can be said with a moderate Republican going to office. With that being said, this election is also a chance for America to give way to it's mission from day one: diversity and equality. With Obama and Hilary on the wings of the Democratic party, we can open up the doors of politics even wider to minorities of race as well as gender.

Personally, I have no real standing on the war in Iraq. I believe that if you don't have a solution to the problem, don't side with any arguments. Being in the war for a couple years now, the United States government has really downplayed the seriousness of our soldiers overseas. In lieu of the recent Virginia Tech shootings, the number of casualties in Iraq daily can easily exceed those from VTech. The democrats should take hold of this issue and attack the administration not about pulling out or surging into Iraq, but increasing ammunition/armor standards, and soldeir welfare. We're already deeply rooted over there, neither a simple surge or withdrawal will do us any good. So why not fix what we can, and worry about long-term goals later?

BTW: I voted for John Edwards mainly because he's a native of North Carolina (where I'm from). The polls show Edwards at the bottom of the Democratic pack. However, when the time really comes, I'm not so sure how ready America is for such a great change- the possibility of having a minority or female president. I can almost say that I'm ashamed at the prejudice that can apply to progressive changes for the better. Then again, some people say I'm sort of an idealist. Edwards Obama '08? Yeah right.

Oh and apathy- downgrading psp's overseas in afghanistan? that's true heroism LOL. i salute you.
    is it just me, or do newbies ALWAYS have the worst fucking grammar and spelling known to man?!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP sliver's Avatar
    huh, nobody seemed to care.
    .:Hero Of The Day:.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    damn i thought it was just a black guy and some girl. didnt know there were so many.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker wolf0491's Avatar
    all i know is Hilary Clinton better not win(not because she is a girl but just because)

oh and a mod if possible delete my vote i did not read your underage thing before voting...

Member for over a year now!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf0491
    all i know is Hilary Clinton better not win(not because she is a girl but just because)

oh and a mod if possible delete my vote i did not read your underage thing before voting...
    yea i was about to say that i loathe her
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    obama is exactly what this country needs, an honest decent president..who will not spend most of his time at a ranch...

god damn i miss voting by 2 months
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    the problem with obama, as well as edwards, is that they both lack experience. Both are very young senators from their respective states, but do not possess the knowledge that candidates such as McCain has. Yes, I would love to see Obama become president, but not everybody in the United States can see past external qualities (yes, it's sad there are still people who will not vote for obama just because he's not "white").

God forbid if good old newt gingrich comes along and joins the race.
    is it just me, or do newbies ALWAYS have the worst fucking grammar and spelling known to man?!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker AndyCat's Avatar
    I'm voting Eric B. for President!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4RM1Iq-wg

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i refuse to vote. instead of bitching about what i dont like about the new presidents choices, i rather just not vote. then its not my problem
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Nik
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nik's Avatar
    im going twards Mccaine figure he would be a decent vote for the troops since he was a POW in veitnam, and knows what medical help on PTSD and other things that would be good for the troops as well whats going to be hopefully the end of the iraq/afganastan occupation.
    PSP 3.03->1.50 1.50->3.40OE
    PS3 Owner With a 200GB Hard Drive and Running Yellow Dog Linux on it.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

http://www.myspace.com/niktc

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sevanyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    i refuse to vote. instead of bitching about what i dont like about the new presidents choices, i rather just not vote. then its not my problem
    It's your problem no matter what you do. Voting more or less puts you on a moral ground to bitch about who's in power, though.

I would have a hard time of deciding who to vote for if I were a United States citizen. Here in Canada, it feels as if our Conservatives are more left wing than the Democrats and I'm not sure if I would like any of the choices.

I can say a few things though. No way, would I ever pick Hillary. Obama seems like a more reasonable choice.
    Hong Kong TA-082 PSP-1006 /w Chotto Shot Camera, 8gb Memory Stick Pro Duo and GTA:LCS Unpatched.

Nik
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poporo
    the problem with obama, as well as edwards, is that they both lack experience. Both are very young senators from their respective states, but do not possess the knowledge that candidates such as McCain has. Yes, I would love to see Obama become president, but not everybody in the United States can see past external qualities (yes, it's sad there are still people who will not vote for obama just because he's not "white").

God forbid if good old newt gingrich comes along and joins the race.

Obama isnt white? He's Kenyan and Indonesian so like any other quality American he's a Mutt!

frankly i dont see how the race card matters much anymore, but your right i personnaly think with more leadership experiance obama would be a good choice but i dont like his views on gun control and a couple other things as well as his lack OR for that matter ANYONE in the upper teirs of our political system lack of Millitary experiance Or the ones that havnt served as active duty during war time ( Bush for example! ****ing reservists)

Anyway long story short what i look for in leaders is simple, Pro-choice to quote losely Jay "A womans Body is her own Right". Having served and done combat tours in active military units, i dont like people who have done reservist duty because classicly (before now and even then) reservists are almost useless when not in a minor support roll. Open to gun control, no fellons, no violent repeaters, no rapests its our right to protect ourselves and our homes if someone breaks into my house i should have the right to shoot/maime them. Strict on carear criminals, and even stricter on rapists sorry any child rapist should be doing life or be turned over to a bunch of parents with baseball bats and clear consiences. Also Young, im not talking i want a 20 yearold president but god damnit im sorry but i dont relate to someone that is 60, maybe 35. and education, more programs for the smarter kids and alternative schools give children basic life skills and morals from the ground up not later in life. Then medical care, yeah its ****ed up higher some smart people give them some pizza and a deadline to fix it. Lastly, more millitary benifits, higher pay for them even out of combat zones guys dont make crap they need more all around support even when they are out of the millitary namely quit cutting the poor guys veterans benifits. yeah thats what i look for.
    PSP 3.03->1.50 1.50->3.40OE
    PS3 Owner With a 200GB Hard Drive and Running Yellow Dog Linux on it.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

http://www.myspace.com/niktc

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevanyr
    It's your problem no matter what you do. Voting more or less puts you on a moral ground to bitch about who's in power, though
    thats where youre wrong. its NOT my problem, as i have no say in what they do or hold no power towards the future of this country. not to mention im a dual citizen to norway and can return home when i get fed up. its really not my problem
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    um... shouldn't the poll be private? and also i said "not voting" because unless theres a huge chance something bigs going to change the way i live, like we turn communist or something... i really dont care... my personal opinion

but if i did vote, obama is my #1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast