Thread: Anyone else think they can give up electrionics?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Anyone else think they can give up electrionics? 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Hockeyman's Avatar
    Well guys my 360 just started freezing and now it wont work so I have to send it in for repairs. LUckily I live near redmond so I wont have to mail it. Tonight I had an interesting thought, what if I give up on all electronics until my 360 comes back. ( it would be about a week or so). Anyways I plan to do this and was wondering if anyone else thought that they to could give up on all electronics for a week ( this is TV, computer, games, etc.). Well I might not respond to this thread for a week as I plan to give up my computer.

I hope itll help get those creative juices flowing. Maybe ill start writing a song or finish the one I am writing.
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    if u really wanna get those juices flowing, give up eletrocity too. i lost my power for 48 hours or so a couple weeks ago and read most of the Resident Evil books while the power was out. didnt even touch the psp. its a cool idea though, eletronic fasting.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

yeah well I cant give up completely as I have to go to school but starting tomorrow I think I just live a simple life( free from electronics.) I'll see where it gets me
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    if u really wanna get those juices flowing, give up eletrocity too. i lost my power for 48 hours or so a couple weeks ago and read most of the Resident Evil books while the power was out. didnt even touch the psp. its a cool idea though, eletronic fasting.
    so you read in the dark ? and RE!!!??? lol jk
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    What about giving up running water too?

(Also here is a little bad news....your car more than likely has electronics in it...so...umm.you won't be driving to work anytime soon then)

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP baseball_dude's Avatar
    play baseball all day
    My account

Runescape Goals

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i have a flashlight... plus its not dark during the day
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    360's don't get repaired in Redmond. The north American call center and service center for xbox 360 is here in Texas.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    no ipod for a week! i couldnt do it. plus i like showering in the light

Senior Member I Modded My PSP katsumoriyama's Avatar
    i could. i don't have that much time for my psp and i just play it at night or when i am in the car. I don't see the point because i get out and do other stuff so i have a balance.
    Ouch! This Hurt
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/500798... ing_him_flip/

Watch this video and be amazed!

Quote Originally Posted by urineanus
    360's don't get repaired in Redmond. The north American call center and service center for xbox 360 is here in Texas.
    well thats some depressing news.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    call 1-800-4-my-xbox be sure to dial in for hardware not live! When you get a REP be sure to register your console if you have not done so previously. This will bring up your warranty info. You may or may not be out of warranty depending on your purchase date. Wether you still have a warranty or not, be polite to the REP. They have the power to control you repair times. I delayed shipment of boxes to many assholes, and I know other REPs do it as well. If your REP is not the brightest or is less than helpful, politely demand to speak to a tier 2 agent. Refuse any help from the REP until they comply. Be sure to ask for tier 2 not a supervisor, when people ask for a supervisor they usually just get transfered to another tier 1 agent. Truth be told the supervisors in the call center NEVER get on the phone with a customer. Tier 2 agents are authorized to provide you with discounted repair costs if your box is out of warranty. Being polite and patient, but firm will get you ahead at 4-my-xbox. Assholes just get f*cked and/or hung up on. Believe me as a former agent I can assure you that none of the employees give a shit about microsoft's reputation. All courtesy is provided on a call to call basis. I even hooked people up with free shit from time to time if they were nice and understanding.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    Thats it!!! Please living down here in south florida when hurricane katrina hit we were without electricity for a week and a half, and then 2 or so weeks later wilma hit and were without anything for about 4 days, thats not even the worst. when i was in 8th grade we got hit by 3 hurricanes in a month so we were screwed for about 2 weeks so im used to it

well URINEANUS I call ed up microsoft support and was very nice and their shipping out the box and everything. The lady on the other line seem to be very happy and i was extremely patient so hopefully I should be good. do you know about how long it should take if everything goes normal?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Corpsey's Avatar
    I've given many electronics up many times, for long periods of times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast