Thread: Asian High school student in America expelled for playing Counterstrike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Asian High school student in America expelled for playing Counterstrike 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    A Chinese student in Clements High School, America has been expelled for playin Counter-Strike in a level that was reminiscent of his own school. The student's parents have appealed to the decision but was it fair in the first place? Or is it a case of poor timing following the Virginia Tech shootings?

Recently, a Chinese student in Clements High School was expelled for having played Counter-Strike in a level that had hallways reminiscent of his own schoolâà ƒÆ’¢â€šà ƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠀šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢s hallways. Following the parents⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢ appeal for reconsideration, the Ford Bend Independent School District had postponed the meeting because four of the school boardÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s members refused to show up.

The appeal was the fourth part of a long appeal process, ultimately ending up with a meeting with the Board of Trustees.

Defending their stand, the FBISD trustees who stayed away said that the meeting itself ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“cir***ventedÃÆ⠙Â¢Ã¢à€šÂ¬Ã ’‚? the disciplinary process. Board member Stan Magee stated that the meeting could have expedited the resolution of the case. Unfortunately, third-party onlookers have began to say that the boardÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s rash decision was an overreaction to the Virginia Tech incident.

Coupled with the video game-related banter coming from anti-video game media icons, even Magee admits that their resolution was an effect of fear, stating, ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“I think we overreacted as a result of the Virginia Tech ordeal.⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š? Although the Chinese community rallied behind the 17 year old boy, there are many sentiments that have risen against the act despite people applauding the quick response of the board.

FBISD spokeswoman Mary Ann Simpson stated, ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â €šÂ¬Ã…“This goes back to Columbine. Ever since that horrid incident took place schools today have to take every incident that is reported very seriously.à¢ÃƒÆ’¢â€Š¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€š? She iterates that these things had to be taken seriously, and that students needed to know that such things arenâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t taken lightly anymore.

Only Magee, Simpson and Ken Bryant appeared in the meeting on Monday at the districts headquarters. The other four members, namely Steve Smelley, Sonal Bhuchar, Cynthia Knox and Laurie Caldwell, did not arrive for the 5:30 p.m. meeting, which became cause for the meeting to be cancelled.

Ultimately, the 12th grader has been barred from graduating from the school and has been transferred to M.R. Wood Alternative Education Center. What do you think? Feel free to discuss, but keep it clean people. We might just give out two-cents worth on this, too.

So yeah now the U.S is discriminating against Asians.... Well I wasn't expecting anything better from a REDNECK country. The sad part is that he was expelled the MOST stupid way ever, for playing a first perston shooter game. Come on USA get your balls together and stop being stupid. People show REAL signs and they let it GO but when people do play games and do anything GAY. They see it as a "Threat" how stupid.

Source: wampago.com

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i would of did the same thing. wasnt the VT shooter chinese too? playing a game like that in school is just stupid too. maybe he was planning something? If i was principal of the school then i wouldnt be taking chances like that either.

i thought CS was like a rainbow six FPS tatics game...

i understand if it was like duke nukem or doom as his school, but at the same time i understand WHY theyre doing it..

Quote Originally Posted by justinisloco

i understand if it was like duke nukem or doom as his school, but at the same time i understand WHY they're doing it..
    shouldn't that be the other way around? who cares if somebody is killing monsters or aliens. but when youre playing a game where youre killing humans in a place that resembles youer school. theres a problem.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Quote Originally Posted by chinese people
    i would of did the same thing. wasnt the VT shooter chinese too? playing a game like that in school is just stupid too. maybe he was planning something? If i was principal of the school then i wouldnt be taking chances like that either.

So you support racial profiling? V-tech shooter wasn’t Chinese, and all the reports said that his race didn’t matter in what he did; he was just screwed up in the head. New York Times even said so on the front page to prevent stupid discriminations like this.

I’m seeing more and more stupid crap like this around my area, whole protests to keep Asians from attending their high school in middle of the school year, hate crimes, ect. Its just getting scary.

And expulsion is just ridiculous paranoia; the fact the recent v-tech shooting was the deciding factor of the whole thing is really weak case, unless they really had evidence he had guns and posed a real psychological threat which I really doubt he had.
    3.52 M33 - TA-82 - 4 gb.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP texas713's Avatar
    It is pretty retarded that someone is getting expelled for playing counter strike. I mean if he's playing a violent game in school, I could understand if he got detention or suspension or something like that, but expelled? They should ask why the map looks like their school, who made the map, etc. But of course they jump to conclusions and just kick the kid out citing he's too dangerous because he makes them think of Virginia Tech. It's stuff like this that makes me hate the Human race.

At first I was afraid...I was petrified...wondering how I could live without 3.03oe-c by my side. But then I remembered 3.40oe-a had it all, and I was in awe!
    The mythical 4gb Memstick of Power!
    Black US PSP. 2.71>3.03>1.5>3.03oe-C(The Godking of the Custom FW's)>3.40oe-a (I stand corrected!) TA-82
    Faceplate History: Black>Green w/ White Buttons

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cmcd14's Avatar
    well all i would like to say is **** you mime for saying this is a redneck country. i'll be damned if i let anyone lower it to that level. if you hate it so much, why dont you and your u.s.a. hating girl leave? why not go back to venezula? if you're going to criticize anything done in this country. i don't agree with this specific article either. and i love the fact everyone brings in that he's asian. big deal, if i was playing CS on a lvl that looks like my school i probably would have been disciplined as well. racial profiling is a bad thing, but sometimes it's necessary as in the case of any terrorist bombings. arabs are complaining at racial profiling at airports. sorry but you dont see any caucasians trying to blow up planes. only al qaeda which only allows arabs. so what do you want security to do? So you can go screw yourself if you think this country is "stupid". we still have extremely great companies and people so stop lumping in the entirety of americans into one stupid story.
    2.6>2.71>1.5>3.03 OE-C>3.52 M33>3.52 M33-4>3.9 M33>3.9 M33-3
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Here is the thing....lets say the student wasn't expelled (race aside because it has nothing to do with it) and then he goes in shooting the shcool up. What would everyone do? Bitch and moan about how the signs were there that he would be a copycat, and the school should have done something about it. So now that the school takes precautions to make sure nothing happens...what do people do? Bitch and moan about how wrong it was to do it.

I don't think it was a good idea to expel anyone...be it white, black, asian, indian...whatever the race just becasue they play a game.

But this is proof here...people will always bitch and moan about whatever you do. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Snookao's Avatar
    Stuff like this happens in other countries Mime too, its not just america. It' s people. Everyone does stupid stuff. Dont make America look bad because of one school.

EDIT: And I completely agree with what DemonDude said.
    "Owned" (often typed in leet speak among gamers) is an internet slang word used commonly in gaming circles to acknowledge a form of superiority through the downfall of another entity, be it another gaming clan, or a single user.

If your not first, your last- Talladega Nights

he cant help that the level looks like his school he should sue the school for looking like a game lol

Brittany
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd14
    well all i would like to say is **** you mime for saying this is a redneck country. i'll be damned if i let anyone lower it to that level. if you hate it so much, why dont you and your u.s.a. hating girl leave? why not go back to venezula? if you're going to criticize anything done in this country. i don't agree with this specific article either. and i love the fact everyone brings in that he's asian. big deal, if i was playing CS on a lvl that looks like my school i probably would have been disciplined as well. racial profiling is a bad thing, but sometimes it's necessary as in the case of any terrorist bombings. arabs are complaining at racial profiling at airports. sorry but you dont see any caucasians trying to blow up planes. only al qaeda which only allows arabs. so what do you want security to do? So you can go screw yourself if you think this country is "stupid". we still have extremely great companies and people so stop lumping in the entirety of americans into one stupid story.
    No no no. **** you.
    And its Venezuela.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd14
    well all i would like to say is **** you mime for saying this is a redneck country. i'll be damned if i let anyone lower it to that level. if you hate it so much, why dont you and your u.s.a. hating girl leave? why not go back to venezula? if you're going to criticize anything done in this country.

Damn calm the **** DOWN hick

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    keep the discussion clean or dont have one at all. first and only warning
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Its still weak evidence, nothing wrong with being proactive but just for playing counter strike? Maybe they should evaluate the kid personally before going to the extremes of screwing up the guy's life like that. And the fact remains that him being Asian should have not have made a difference. It might be possible that just counter strike alone could have been the cause and he being Asian didn’t have anything to do with it but I really doubt that with what I’m seeing in the forums and everywhere in my area.
    3.52 M33 - TA-82 - 4 gb.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectError
    Its still weak evidence, nothing wrong with being proactive but just for playing counter strike? Maybe they should evaluate the kid personally before going to the extremes of screwing up the guy's life like that. And the fact remains that him being Asian should have not have made a difference. It might be possible that just counter strike alone could have been the cause and he being Asian didnâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t have anything to do with it but I really doubt that with what IÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Å¾Ã‚¢m seeing in the forums and everywhere in my area.
    i agree with everything you just said

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast