Thread: Annoying!!!!! (for you right handers)

1. #1 Annoying!!!!! (for you right handers) 
    I wanna know!!!

Do you think the official standard PSP soft case is backwards??? Well... backwards for right handed people that is? According to an ABC poll, 80-90% of people are right handed.

If you grab the psp (upright) with your right hand and slide it in the sleeve the PSP logo is upside down (along with the tag).

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this? My anal mind finds this sooo annoying

Do you think this was an error on the part of SONY or do you think they even noticed or would have even cared anyway??

tnutz

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Well in ps2 games, the left analog stick was primarily used to move around or completely replace the d-pad, I’m assuming that’s why it’s on the left side of the psp right now, also it be hard to control a analog stick and have to press the other buttons with the same thumb. I wish though that they made analog stocks for both sides, would help in fps games.
    3.52 M33 - TA-82 - 4 gb.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP wanna_b_a_spore_modder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectError
    Well in ps2 games, the left analog stick was primarily used to move around or completely replace the d-pad, IÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Å¾Ã‚¢m assuming thatâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s why itÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÃ⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â†¬Å¾Ã‚¢s on the left side of the psp right now, also it be hard to control a analog stick and have to press the other buttons with the same thumb. I wish though that they made analog stocks for both sides, would help in fps games.
    I totally thought the same thing about the whole fps thingy....i have seen mods on YouTube that have added extra thumbsticks it and also move them to different posititons...i am thinking about doin one of those mods....

Junior Member PSP User
    Hmm...
    first post!!!
    I dont think that the official PSP soft case was designed intentionally for left handers. I just assumed that its that way because thats where the headphone jack is and that it would be more convenient for people who use their psp to listen to mp3's while having it in the softcase in their pocket. Anybody get what im saying?? (plug headphones into PSP, hold psp upright with left hand and slide it into the softcase and voila!!) Anyway thats just my assumption. Anyone else think different??

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    mine works fine and im right handed. i didnt know it required skill to put a psp in a case. but maybe im just special

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by chinese people
    mine works fine and im right handed. i didnt know it required skill to put a psp in a case. but maybe im just special
    Lol i like that one!!
    i think what the guy was meant to say is why is the opening of the softcase on the left instead of the right and i think i have answered that anyway

NAVS, I think you nailed it when you stated that the opening is on the left so that the ear phone jack is more accessible. Hey, that's true, I never thought about that!! I'll bet a million bucks that's the EXACT reason why it's more of a lefty friendly case. I'll bet during the production of the psp the soft case was the super low on their list of priorities...I mean, why switch the jack around just to suit a 14 dollar case?

8. #8 not so much the case 
    Junior Member PSP User
    if the headphone jack was on the right side then they would have had to place the power socket terminals on the left which doesnt really make sense as the battery is situated right above the power socket terminals

Well I think you boys nailed it. Unless we're all wrong and the creator of the PSP happend to be Left-handed, in which case your conspiracy theory just might work.. life does work in mysterious ways.
    ---

PSP: TA-082 | v3.40 > v3.50 | 1gb | 8Gmz
    -->MSN Messenger Guide

haha.....poor right handed people...see there are benefits to being a lefty. btw this is really off subject but does anyone no how guitar hero for PS2 works for leftys?