Thread: Starcraft almost a decade already!? woow!

1. #1 Starcraft almost a decade already!? woow! 
    Starcraft is one of the best selling games of 1998. 1998?! Waaa... I just realized that it has been around for almost 10 years now and like people(hardcore gamers) in korea, japan and the philippines(heheheh) are still hooked up with this game... I don't know if you guys still play this game but being a retro gamer, I still play this game once in a while... and I haven't uninstalled this game in my PC... yeah!

I'm just wondering.... when the hell will blizzard release the second installment of this game or will there be a Starcraft 2...? Starcraft: Ghost by the way was a total flop... ewww...

Sorry guys... I just made this post because last night when I was going through my ps1 CDs I found the original CD of my starcraft and decided to make a post about it.... hehehe... peace!

kimmyBOY... 'nuff said... DeviantART.com

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmyBOY
    when the hell will blizzard release the second installment of this game
    Around the same time as Duke Nukem Forever....

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    They already released the second installment of this game... it was Broodwar. New missions, new units, new maps, new terrain. I know what your saying though and yes they need to release an updated version of Starcraft. Ghost was not a flop, because it was never released. Its vaporware, they have shown it off but they have never made a real releaseable version of the game. Its like Duke Nukem Forever... constantly being developed but never being released.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Junior Member PSP User
    There are other expansions too marketed by other company's that blizzard approves of but doesn't support. I'm one of the oldest remaining SC players, since I beta tested it over 11 years ago. I remember when B.Net came out and I was using the Open account. It was good times. Now you can still find me on US West as Mys Videl. (7 year old account.)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    I need to check to see if my accounts are still valid. I have 3. One I played with only when playing with my room mate in 2v2's. Record was around 127-10-3. The other 2 each have well over 1,000 games each with about a 70% winning percent. I have lost so many accounts due to switching account names and leaving one idle to long. I used to play craft in collage ALL the time. I played that game daily for about 5 years. Hacks on battle.net really took the fun out of it though, so thats the only reason I really quit playing.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    Let me find the link...but I read something that Blizzard is creating World of Starcraft. It was going to be announced in the coming weeks..

EDIT: Here are some:
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159248 1up
    http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=111848 Gamepro
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46833 Shack News
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/noooooooooo...ces-257902.php Kotaku

There are a shitload more, but all in reference to CVG or some other stuff :0.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

WOW... i mean WOS... world of starcraft... that i gotta see.... hmmm... Why didn't they release SC:Ghost?

kimmyBOY... 'nuff said... DeviantART.com

Senior Member I Modded My PSP whitelamp's Avatar
    Hell, I still play starcraft and its expansion from time to time. It's that good. What I hope blizzard's doing is creating the second starcraft game where each player is a unit and there are a bunch of commanders for each race.
    (MMRTS-Massive Multiplayer RealTime Strategy)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    ahh starcraft. love that game.

JOIN CYBERNATIONS!!-www.cybernations.net

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Up until a couple years ago I was playing StarCraft regularly. I had the Broodwar expansion too. Note that Broodwar is NOT StarCraft 2, it's an expansion pack. Blizzard has already said they will NOT make a StarCraft 2, instead they are making World of StarCraft (go figure. all they want is more money off the coattails of WoW.)

World of StarCraft is due out Q1 of 2008 (last I checked,) will be just as utterly rediculous and pointless as WoW, and probably just as expensive. I won't touch it because it's a pay MMORPG piece of trash, but you're welcome to have fun with it.