Thread: swearing in schools

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 swearing in schools 
    i was wondering what you guys think about swearing in schools and what happens if you get caught i personnaly swear a lot its just part of who i am but like some of my teachers kick you out of class if u swear and they hear you, but what are your guys opnion.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sevanyr's Avatar
    Swearing has no place in our schools. Adding the f-bomb before every second word kills the meaning and added emphasis behind using it. You're likely to offend others and find yourself unwelcome in many places (your own classroom as you've experienced).

It's appalling to think that anyone would consider using obsceneties in a classroom enviroment appopriate. Doing so undermines presicely what your teachers get paid to do: Teach. It's insulting; Despite our teachers trying to teach what is right and what is wrong, there are children using uncouth language because they think it makes them look older. That's a horrible reason to be using foul language. You use it because you just sprained your ankle. You use it because the asshole in the car behind you dosen't know what a safe distance between his car and yours is. You do NOT use it because you're going to the "****ing" mall and meeting up with your "****ing" freinds and asking them what the "****" they are up to.

On the other hand, I don't really care when other people use foul language in front of me. It dosen't bother me in the least bit. I am worried, however, when my friends use such language in public. It's going to turn heads and to be honest, I'm not someone who wants to be the centre of attention. There's nothing wrong with swearing in and itself, but a classroom is NOT an appropriate place for it.
    Hong Kong TA-082 PSP-1006 /w Chotto Shot Camera, 8gb Memory Stick Pro Duo and GTA:LCS Unpatched.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    i swear alot but it really depends on whos your teacher, who you are, and what grade your in, because i swear in class alot but the teacher just tells me to relax but when i see a freshman curses they get sent out quick.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    lol it depends on the teacher...its usually younger teachers that dont care..i mean there is a play that are school sponsored
    N*gger
    Ch*nk
    Wetback...how could they control us
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    yea sometimes younger teachers will curse with us

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i think its harmless unless the person using the words is threating someone else. theyre just words... as long as its not racial
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sevanyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    i think its harmless unless the person using the words is threating someone else. theyre just words... as long as its not racial
    You know that. I know that. Many of us know that.

But the public as a whole dosen't realise that and will think your intelligence lower if you and/or the group you're with is using it loudly in public or in a place where it can be overheard.

Edit: I don't think I could have passed USA customs if I told the guard I wanted to "****ing" go to Mount Vernon because I wanted to buy a "****ing" PSP game. It's all about where and when it's appropriate.
    Hong Kong TA-082 PSP-1006 /w Chotto Shot Camera, 8gb Memory Stick Pro Duo and GTA:LCS Unpatched.

ya i agree and i cuss with my teachers sumtimes its fun lol. and i dont like cuss at the teachers like it slips cause i go to a private school and there all like God this and that. and cussing in public i do it but opnly with my freinds i some what respect authority

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    the standard person swears without realizing it. the problem comes from the super religious people who think you should be castrated for saying damn. its foolish.

but honestly, what makes a word "bad" or good? anything tasteless maybe? wouldnt that make any words refering to reproductive organs bad? (with the exception of the "scientific" labels)

its simple really... if youre offended by "swear words" then dont say em. freedom of speech emplys that i can use them in any context i want, so dont get offended when i use them either. swearing can be taken as immature, as a way to lighten the mood in a conversation, or make specific elements seem more dynamic. curse words arnt as taboo as they were say... 8yrs ago or so. its much more acceptable in modern days but you still need to know when the right and wrong time to use them
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Probably only when I am mad at something. Like if I spill juice on myself I would say awww S**t or wtF man or something. Other than that I am very articulate. I rarely say F. word but if you look it up it just means intercourse.
    FW History: 2.81>3.03 lol

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    i know...who invented bad words any way? and who made them bad
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    in college, we dont have this problem
    a few of my teachers actually encourage it (mainly acting class)
    I mainly took liberal and visual art classes though, this had something to do with it.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker spleblem's Avatar
    yeah i swear a far bit at school
    i can't really help it
    it's just part of my langage.
    but teachers don't care
    ive never been sent out side or anything
    well i don't swear at the teachers
    but i swear while talking to them.

im working on trying to stop swearing.
    it's just to dam hard.

ya college is a lot diffrent. in high school your still minors but w.e shit happens so who cares lol its all part of life.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    the standard person swears without realizing it. the problem comes from the super religious people who think you should be castrated for saying damn. its foolish.
    oo that would suck

i was just watching sportscenter and the Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen was cussing at a radio guy (i couldnt understand him because of his accent) and he was going crazy.
    Firmware History

1.52 => 2.71 => 1.5 => 3.03 OE-C => 1.5 => 3.03 OE-C=> 3.40 OE-A

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A PSP IS??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast