Thread: Whooo just got a 4GB memory stick..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Whooo just got a 4GB memory stick.. 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Squeancy's Avatar
    yea i just got mine in from Hong Kong with FREE shipping =D for $42.21. Yay me happy it was a FAT32 and when i turned on my psp it did take a while to load my icons and stuff compared to my 1 gig. It's not a SanDisk so i dont know wat brand it is.. heres the link.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6594&rd=1&rd=1
    but yea im happy =D
    My (+[PSP]) Life ---> 2.82 >3.03 >1.50 >3.03 OE-C>3.40-OE A(didn't like it)>1.50>3.03 OE-C>3.52M33-4

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    wow congrats on that bro.try to read my guide about 4 gig bro maybe it can help you to make it run faster.....

yep i did it now the Memory stick is called FAT instead of FAT32 like it used to say. I guess it worked... dont know yet im clearing out that 1 gig and putting all the files into the 4 gig so its gonna take a while. =/

hmmm i wonder wat i should do with the 1 gig...its a sandisk and...i heard sandisk work best with movies so maybe ill just put movies on thier..donno yet..
    My (+[PSP]) Life ---> 2.82 >3.03 >1.50 >3.03 OE-C>3.40-OE A(didn't like it)>1.50>3.03 OE-C>3.52M33-4

I'm not happy =( its not playing any of my cso's keeps telling me that error. I have the umd in thier.. and it works fine on my other one. i think my memory stick is corrupted.. maybe because i went from FAT32 to FAT16.....

Senior Member I Modded My PSP GreenApplesx3's Avatar
    your memory stick is fake xP

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    ^what he said
    3.52 M33 - TA-82 - 4 gb.

8. #8 Be Aware!!! 
    Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    yup, it's most likely fake. the only memory cards i ever bought off of ebay where the "gaming" SanDisks (see thru yellow, red, blue, etc.). All other ones are probably fake... why else did it sell for $40? i bought a fake 2 gig a year or so ago for $30 and half the time the PSP loaded up, it wouldn't even acknowledge that there was a memory stick in it the slot... don't buy memory sticks from "power sellers" in Asia... Be VERY VERY CAUTIOUS if the ebay auction description NEVER mentions the brand of the item (like yours. if you look closely it doesn't mention the brand of the stick, just the brand of the card reader), and once you *DO* get your memory stick in the mail, send it back if it DOES NOT COME IN THE ORIGINAL UNOPENED PACKAGING!

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Remember :

DO NOT buy anything that is "MEMORY STICK" related from "HONG KONG" or any place related in "CHINA".

Lets hope is not fake, play around with the "USE NON UMD" In Recovery Mode. Thats what normally makes ISOs not play, also make sure an UMD is in the drive.

Good luck>!

*sigh*... wats weird is that its not playing my plugins either.
    I put my old 1 gig in thier and used the plugin and it wouldn't come on either...so i went to recovery mode and it was enabled and i disabled it then enabled it. Then it work ...so then i just ejected it and swapped it with my 4 gig. and the song came on again. ( all my old files on my 1 gig are on my 4 gig)... and it was working...then i turned it off and on ..and it kept working... so then i turned off my psp and back on and the plugin wasnt working anymore...

I'm gonna try formatting the memory stick then im going see if that works or not...then im going to switch it from FAT16 to FAT32.. and see if that helps too...

Man looks like a long night =/

and when i did get it...it was in a small bag... not in the orginal case... it just came with the 4 gig and the adapter..and a small hardshell caseing around it =/ and had a sticker that said 4G on the back of it....

It still is a 4G..

and i dont think it's fake.. i just think it corrupted..

Because i went to a thread that tells you if its fake or not.. And it looks real to me.... but i dont knoiw..

i dont have a digital camera at the moment so i cant take pictures right now...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Best thing to do is pop it in your psp and hit the triangle button when your memory stick is highlited. Then go into the inforation and see what it says for magicgate. If it is "supported" then you are good....if no (most likely "unknown") then you are hosed. If so..report it to e-bay and try to get your money back.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

wat u mean...when i put the memory stick in..then i go to info. and it says User Capacity 3918
    Free Space 3358

and thats it...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Hit the triangle button and a menu will open to the right. Then select information.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    @ Squeancy

Your providing free advertising for MCDonald's. What did they ever do for you, besides provide you with hormone/artifical presrvative pumped food; if you can call it food.

feed the machine, for it is hungry.

Retired PSP Elite Hacker fubar42o's Avatar
    heheh urine, no amount of guerilla advertising will get me to eat there again... havent eaten there since i was like 12... 26 now haha ... I am gonna make a SigBar that says "Wal-Mart Shopper" and "Kwik-E-Lube Consumer" just to out-do his McDonalds SigBar hehe

"don't fucking ask me. i don't know..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast