Thread: Resident Evil vs. Silent Hill, Whats the better series?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Resident Evil vs. Silent Hill, Whats the better series? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    We all know who these two monster blockbuster franchises are but is there a clear cut answer as to which is better? Each game in my opinion is awesome in its own right. Silent Hill exudes a creepy/eerie atmosphere with bizarre symbolism. Whereas the RE franchise is more so a in you face action/horror which was heavily improved upon with the release of RE. I like both for what they are but Id edge my decision over to RE because I enjoy the action more! What do the rest of you guys think? Which is the most dominant horror franchise?!

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    silent hill wins hands down in terms of creepiness and general shock factor. the RE series wasnt too bad till RE4 came out... that game was pretty scary
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Both of them bore me these days....but RE is a lot better. It is hard to be scared when Enemies are so easy to dodge. First time playing through Silent Hill I killed 192 enemies, and 9 of them were by my gun. The second Silent Hill I killed next to nobody and still had an abundance of health. I then played the third one for 30 minutes, and despite having buttons reversed, still was dodging enemies with my eyes closed.

There really isn't anything scary or creepy about either of them since it is all fake, but the first two RE games were a lot of fun...so that is why my vote goes there.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    the RE series wasnt too bad till RE4 came out... that game was pretty scary
    Hell yes! I hated those creepy monks, those blind bastards with the huge ass blades. And the bosses were unbelievably fun to fight with the exception of Verdugo (the creature you fight in the sewer). That part scared the crap out of me I just kept on running around a table until the elavator came. (you'd understand if you played.) My only gripe with Silent Hill is that theycould have put more encounters with Pyrimad Head.

i like how twisted SH is... even if its not a tough game. the atomsphere is VERY scary. theres not enough gore though...

plus the SH movie was better then the RE movies... it captured the spirit of the games better
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Agreed Silent Hill is extremely twisted sort of a psychological thriller, I mean a dead dog on top of a dinner plate is not quite sane or normal. In my opinion the lack of blood doesn't make it any less appealing but it certainly plays more slow paced compared to RE. The Silent Hill movie was really good loved the story and how it had tie with the game. Can't wait for the sequel!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    Both of them bore me these days....but RE is a lot better. It is hard to be scared when Enemies are so easy to dodge. First time playing through Silent Hill I killed 192 enemies, and 9 of them were by my gun. The second Silent Hill I killed next to nobody and still had an abundance of health. I then played the third one for 30 minutes, and despite having buttons reversed, still was dodging enemies with my eyes closed.

There really isn't anything scary or creepy about either of them since it is all fake, but the first two RE games were a lot of fun...so that is why my vote goes there.
    Dude have you played Resident Evil 4?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    dont double post. and i never played SH but i think RE is scary enough for me

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    so are both these games shooters...fps?
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

3rd person action games... if you never heard of either, then i suggest you expand your horizons. theres more to life then football games
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by auburntigersfan4life
    so are both these games shooters...fps?
    To find your answer just google it, or search on wikipedia.

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    RE for sure. I love RE4. Great game man, Leon the pointless action freak, and Ashley the total moron... Great game man. Great game,fun bosses, and a twist ending... I can't wait for RE5 for the PS3... Going to be awesome.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

What was your favorite boss in the game? My was well I had a lot, lets see Krauser, Verdugo, and Lord Salazar and actually all of them. And now that i think about it the creepiest scariest piece of shit in the whole game in my opinion were the regenerators. I was tramautized when I shot of its leg and it still managed to leap onto me biting the shit out of Leon. One of the few moments that made me crap in my pants.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Im goin wit RE ive played all of them so far and they are good in terms of action/survival/horror plus i cant stand silent hill (little asian chicks dont scare me lol).
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

Quote Originally Posted by HALOBOY
    Im goin wit RE ive played all of them so far and they are good in terms of action/survival/horror plus i cant stand silent hill (little asian chicks dont scare me lol).
    lol...dude I think your mistaken silent hill for something like fatal frame. Which I have heard is also good.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heatzone07
    lol...dude I think your mistaken silent hill for something like fatal frame. Which I have heard is also good.
    lmao i think your right.i know one of those series i havent played but one thing is fo sho theres not many asians in RE just Ada Wong and i dont know if there are anymore lol.
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast