Thread: Top 10 First Person Shooters of All Time

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Top 10 First Person Shooters of All Time 
    Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    to keep the site interesting, a few of us decieded to make a different "top 10" list every month and debate it. for the first thread, i picked the top 10 first person shooters of all time. this is my opinion on the top 10, so if you feel differently, say so and back it with your own top 10

10. goldeneye 64

heres where some people get mad. yes, i dont think G64 is the best FPS game of all time. it was one of the originators of 3D aiming, but at its core, it wasnt as good as other entires in my list, but it did get on it since it was a pretty fun game to play with friends

9. Painkiller

awesome game i think. the weapons were unique, the enemies came out you by the 100s, the massive bosses you had to fight, and a generally all around fun "twitch shooter"

8. Battlefield 2

im not a huge fan of online multiplayer shooters, but this one was my exception. i loved playing it late night with my co-workers till 5am. with the right crowd, its a great title

7. Doom

one of the original FPS games. Doom was both exciting and fun to play. killing imps in the depths of hell never gets old. +1 for iD software

6. Farcry

the pc version of Farcry was a excellent title. it brought difficult enemies and a open ended style of gameplay that was at the time, forgein to PC shooters. it was a nice change from the standard army bases and forests, this time the battle was fought on a tropical island. very cool

5. F.E.A.R

F.E.A.R was both scary and challenging. the game utilized difficult enemies mixed with horror elements. there were alot of "oh shit" moments that cause you to pump round after round into the air after being scared. it was a good experence and gets high honors from me

4. Rainbow Six 3

in my humble opinion, RB6:3 was the best title in the series. the expansion packs made it even better and this is currently the undisputed champion in the world of tactical shooters.

3. Black

this game captured my attention for nearly a month in the beginning of 2007. i LOVED it. very few games have struck the intensity that Black has. some of the levels were boring, but alot of them were beyond awesome and its well worth owning... even if its short

2. Half Life 2

one of my all time favorite games of all time. the story is excellent, the characters are likable, the gameplay mixes it up a bit, and it feels like a movie instead of a game. if you own a PC, you owe it to yourself to experence HL2 atleast one

this brings me to my #1 pick for all time greatest first person shooter. alot of people know me as a huge HL2 fan, so they may be wondering why i didnt pick it for #1. thats simple really. theres a better game. something i enjoyed alot more and still play to this day.... 4 years after its initial release

1. Call of Duty

THE ww2 game to own. this captured the intensity of war, kept the gameplay exciting at all times, had you struggling to survive intense battles, and best of all, it was based on real events. the game was an incredible experence and ive played through it many many times, and it just never gets boring to me. this is the reasons why Call of Duty for the PC gets my #1 spot for top FPS games of all time

Honorable Mentions:

Wolfenstein 3D
    Unreal Tournament 2003
    Metroid Prime
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    i would of put goldeneye in 8 and BF:2 in 10th.

oo just realized this was youre own top 10, i thought this was from a magzine or something.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Arby_3000's Avatar
    High 5 Julie...

This will be a fun Pspmod tradtion to continue.

I call the next one for next month.

=D
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    "Ah hem" what about Duke3D ... that game was awesome! and it was for adults... "wink"

Half-Life2 yup... Half-Life would be my pick and the expantions...

Great topic Julie... you never sease to amaze me...

Edit: crap I spelled it wrong... lmfao damn pot
    Refresh for more Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by Major Zero
    "Uh hem" what about Duke3D ... that game was awesome! and it was for adults... "wink"

Great topic Julie... you never sease to amaze me...

Edit: crap I spelled it wrong... lmfao
    Hey, this was my idea to... where is my hot man love?
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    Wow thats quite extensive, But heres how my list would go:

10. Black (A great game not really innovative and doesn't particularily push the bar but its destructible environments did provide for a slightly different yet enjoyable game)

9. Halo: Combat Evolved (Overhyped in my opinion yet delivers a pretty solid experience all around. The vehicle portions are really well thought out and executed.)

8. Battlefield 2142 (Awesome multiplayer game period. But due too the steep requirements the game suffers, unless you have really good gaming rig.)

7. Far Cry (A unique game giving you the impression of you being hunted rather then the hunter. Along with great graphics especially seen witht he water effects.)

6. Unreal Tournament 2004 (Its single player isn't anythin amazing but its fast paced multiplayer makes up for it in all other categories except for storyline)

5. Painkiller (The game is just purely fun the massive bosses are just plain fun to fight against.)

4. The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape From Butcher Bay (Provided solid Graphics, sound, and commentaries. All the while supporting an in-depth hand to hand combat system.)

3. Doom 3 (A Creepy atmosphere created by fantastic graphics. Providing for a compelling

2. Fear (its like playing a movie, and the adventure is as intense as it gets. The slomo feature gives another oomph to an already awesome game)

1. Half Life 2 (with its evolutionary Havoc physics system coupled with the gravity gun and its fantastic storyline created for one of the most memorable and enjoyable adventures.)

Senior Member I Modded My PSP katsumoriyama's Avatar
    lol. I would put Unreal Tournament 2004 in there instead of Black because black doesn't have enough replay value and the AI isn't too good. Unreal is the better because you can play the multiplayer for a long time and it has many game types. Tons of vehicles and weapons make it one of the best multiplayer games.
    Ouch! This Hurt
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/500798... ing_him_flip/

Watch this video and be amazed!

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby_3000
    Hey, this was my idea to... where is my hot man love?
    High five!
    Refresh for more Sigs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    What happened to the amazing Half-Life 1? Did it get shafted in the head? I thought the original was more ground breaking...and actually just better overall. The second was epic, but I think the first one was more so. Well, it really doesn't matter, they both rocked .
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Zero
    High five!
    *accepts*

:P

@Matrix:
    Tru.. both games kicked ass =D
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    Perfect dark N64...cmon!
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    oh so you actually did put this thread up.
    I saw you and arby discussing it but it usually takes a while.

Nice thread idea arby and thanks to julie for posting

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Note: I have a strong favoritism for pc FPS so my list would be biased towards pc games, but I'd have to make sure I included

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - Force pushing someone off a ledge or force pulling their weapon away from them and killing them with it never gets old. When you mix a first person shooter with light sabers and force powers, it makes for some really fun multiplayer matches. Definitely a must have in the top 10.
    Star Seige Tribes - Excellent multi-player and team stradegy game. You could totally set traps and ambushes. You also had to work as a team and you could pick classes (slower but tougher, or smaller and faster).
    Duke Nukem 3D - A game with strippers... plus I get to kill all kinds of crazy stuff, sign me up. The weapons in this game was so awesome. Pipe bombs, freeze guns to turn people into a block of ice and then shatter them, laser trip mines. Good times.
    Unreal Tournement - The bot action made this game as fun offline as on. The game has awesome weapons, was well balanced, and had great levels. The only downside for this game for me was the storyline. It's weak... you're in a tournement, get 1st place. Wow. Great concept, if the game play wasn't so awesome this game would suck. Furtunatly the game play is supurb.
    Doom 2 - Just because I used to play this game for hours and hours at LAN parties. I would sit and play this game and watch the sun go down and then come back up, knocking down dr. peppers the whole time. When I'd finally try to sleep I'd still see the game even with my eyes closed, lol. Playing this game at LAN or over a couple pc's at the house with friends was how I spent many hours in high school.
    Unreal - The most beautiful game I had ever seen up to the point. The single player story line was awesome. I played through the single player mode on every difficulty setting multiple times. The multiplayer wasn't the best, but the single player definitely was. I had just built a very nice gaming rig for the day when this game came out. Great memories.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    dark forces for pc from way back

Not including halo 1 is foolish. That has to be in the top five multi-player games OF ALL TIME.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker spikyhunter3's Avatar
    Perfect Dark Zero, Call of Duty 3, and Rainbow Six Vegas

Drizzle's awesome work!
    Raiden: Still ticking, huh?
    Vamp: Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast