View Poll Results: Which one is better ???

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft's Xbox Dashboard

9 50.00%
  • Sony's XMB (PS3/PSP)

12 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Xbox Dashboard VS Sony's XMB (which is better?)

1. #1 Xbox Dashboard VS Sony's XMB (which is better?) 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Well thats my debate/poll guys,

Ive seen this two dashboards and since I dont own a XBOX I find it very difficult , but I cant expect to get it in 1min at gamestop :P with the Xbox sample..

In the other hand the "XMB" is way to easy to get, i know if I didnt own a psp I would understand how the things work by how simple and user friendly it is.

Sony XMB (PSP)

Sony XMB (PS3)

Xbox Dashboard

Senior Member I Modded My PSP baseball_dude's Avatar
    i like the ps3/psp the xbox dashboard looks to crunched up
    My account

Runescape Goals

Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    XMB wins hands down the interface just looks so much more cleaner and is easy to use.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    well you cant rate it if you havent used both. i have and i think the 360 dashboard is much better than the ps3 one. on ps3 you cant change the colors so you would get annoying colors like pink. It changes every month so your stuck with it for a long time until they have an update to fix that.

you should get a pic of the new dashboard after the update 360 had.
    Firmware History

1.52 => 2.71 => 1.5 => 3.03 OE-C => 1.5 => 3.03 OE-C=> 3.40 OE-A

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A PSP IS??

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    you don't think DAX is working on a custom FW for PS3?

your complaints about the ps3 XMB are probably being solved as I type.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP katsumoriyama's Avatar
    i hate the dashboard. i never get used too it. the psp ps3 xmb is so much sleeker and easier to manuever.
    Ouch! This Hurt
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/500798... ing_him_flip/

Watch this video and be amazed!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP wanna_b_a_spore_modder's Avatar
    I think that the XBOX dashboard is pretty cool because you can access it @ basically any time, but the XMB is really cewl [especially on PSP] because you can customize it, idk if it is possible to change it on the PS3 yet...but all in all i think the XMB is better beacause you can see everything at one time and it is easy to know where you will have to go access something because it is separated into catagories...SO YEAH XMB!!!!

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    they both have their strengths and weaknesses
    R.I.P Zoidberg

I agree with Julie, they both do have there strenghts and weaknesses, and since I own both a PSP and xbox 360, I can fairly say that I prefer the xbox's dashboard rather than the PSP's XMB.

For one, they are designed for different purposes, the XMB for sony works great on the PSP, and I'd prefer a GUI like that on a handheld, but on the PS3 it lacks a next-gen feel of power and visuals. The xbox's dash is great for a console system as it shows the flexibility of the system through all of the downloadable content and customizable features. Something the PS3 can't do. But, I wouldn't want the 360's dashboard on an Xbox portable, that'd be too clumbersome and compact.

Secondly, I find that the guide/profile tab that appears when you hit the green "X" button in the centre of the 360 controller is a really cool feature. It gives you instant, in-game, access to your profile, your entire online community/friends list, MSN messenger for those with the update + gold live, and your in-game music player. When I hit the "Home" button on the PSP/PS3 XMB I have to leave my game, or whatever I'm doing to go back to the main dash.

Lastly, are the customizable features that one can get on the Xbox 360's dashboard. From themes, backgrounds, oodles of gamer pics, to Xbox Live WebCam Chat interface, private chat, movies demo access, and the new Marketplace blade (a.k.a. the side tabs) are what set the Xbox's dashboard ahead of Sony's XMB design.

Although, I do have to give props to the cool waves in the background. I love those and xbox should really impliment something like that into the background of the dash, because not everyone has a Vision Cam.
    ---

PSP: TA-082 | v3.40 > v3.50 | 1gb | 8Gmz
    -->MSN Messenger Guide

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    the ONLY thing i dislike about the 360's dashboard is that it has ads built in. the xmb's are ad free
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    the ONLY thing i dislike about the 360's dashboard is that it has ads built in
    I don't know if this is an American only thing, but I never got ads. Ever. Neither did my friend. Odd.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE#51
    well you cant rate it if you havent used both. i have and i think the 360 dashboard is much better than the ps3 one. on ps3 you cant change the colors so you would get annoying colors like pink. It changes every month so your stuck with it for a long time until they have an update to fix that.

you should get a pic of the new dashboard after the update 360 had.
    I have both, but I still prefer the PS3 XMB, besides the ability to change the background color will come in a future update just like the PSP. Whats cool is in the video section the XMB plays 15 secs of the video you are trying to watch in the form of an icon. And you can choose which 15 secs from the movie/video you want to be as an icon. It may sound stupid and insignificant but little things like that give the edge to the XMB, in my opinion. I just hate the Dashboard's crunched style.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP whitelamp's Avatar
    I prefer the xmb, but I'll make an exception for the XBMC-That thing is awesome.

Junior Member PSP User
    Dashboard by leaps and bounds

That is true, the new update placed ads into the xbox dashboard, but because of those ads (there actually the most expensive ad spots available) it allows microsoft to offset with free content like the free (full version) arcade game Agies Wing. that game is sweet.

i also realize that as much as a voice i can be for the xbox.. it's going to be lost on a sony forum =b
    ---

PSP: TA-082 | v3.40 > v3.50 | 1gb | 8Gmz
    -->MSN Messenger Guide