Thread: MS bans 360s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 MS bans 360s 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    yay, apparently yesterday MS started banning people with hacked firmwares, even those with the latest patched versions, and in the process, accidentally banning unmodified consoles as well. way to go MS. Their reasoning behind it was to keep xbox live "fair", which is bullshit, because people can't cheat using the mod, as the dvd has to be an exact raw copy of the original with no modified files in order to be able to run. So the cat and mouse game has begun yet again. Luckily, I heard about it in time and unmodified my console before I signed into live, so I'm still good, but now I'm considering a dual-firmware mod so that I can still play backups offline, and switch to originals when I want to connect to live.

same idea here. I'll get a dual f/w mod and beat them. Only shitty part is I don't own any of my games really, lol.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Hockeyman's Avatar
    Well this is too bad but you cant really blame microsoft, it is their goal to make money, and although their games are overpriced it is still their right to protect their copyright. Im not taking any position on piracy but for those who will probably soom come in here steaming mad just remember to look at it from microsofts view. oh and n8thegr8 whats the point of having backup discs? Is there any advantage whatsoever? Sorry for stealing the thread by the way.
    2% of the people on the internet have a sig that bashes 98% of the people on the internet. If you are in the 98% whoaren't bastard F***'s with a superiority complex, copy and paste this into your sig.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman
    Well this is too bad but you cant really blame microsoft, it is their goal to make money, and although their games are overpriced it is still their right to protect their copyright. Im not taking any position on piracy but for those who will probably soom come in here steaming mad just remember to look at it from microsofts view. oh and n8thegr8 whats the point of having backup discs? Is there any advantage whatsoever? Sorry for stealing the thread by the way.
    Nobody cares about Microsoft's view except Microsoft. Their bottom line is not our concern. Plus, Microsoft makes BILLIONS of dollars each and every quarter from their other markets. I really can't imagine how 1000 people out of the 150,000 who own X360's being pirates is gonna hurt them.

Not saying piracy is good, just saying that Microsoft isn't even CLOSE to being strapped for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman
    whats the point of having backup discs? Is there any advantage whatsoever?
    You dont have to pay for the game. I would say MAYBE 10% of people who have modded consoles actually use it to "back-up" games. And I'm giving room on that number, I bet its a lot smaller.

darked, your a little bit off there with your numbers there bud. Trust me, wayyy more people have modded consoles. And try more like 10,000,000 consoles, not 150,000.

the point of backups with any system is to protect the originals. The 360 specifically had problems with obliterating discs if you just looked at it funny, so then you were screwed and your $60 for a game was gone. Why risk $60 when you can safeguard it and ruin a $3 dvd if it fuxors? btw, I must admit, I don't have the originals for the games I own. I sold them back to gamestop after I copied most of them. So now I guess I'll just have to buy the games that I play on live. I'm still gonna hardmod it so that I can have dual firmwares, the chip's on the way. Not a bad deal @ $1.35 from mouser, if any one else is interested in the idea.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP spicy's Avatar
    rob is 100 percent right. about 5 percent, if that, of people who have a modded system back up their games. its all for illegal copies, no one can argue that.

i dont agree with it, but i dont disagree with it either.

possible good news for us hackers..

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=603910

People that have modded with the stealth f/w's as the first f/w they ever used have not been banned. This is very good news for people who play with back-ups

EDIT - A great site to show drives that have been banned and havn't been banned
    http://www.locallans.com/index.php?do=clearfilters

hmmm....rob, how long has it been since the lost planet fiasco? because I played with v1.0 all the way up to that date. Right now, I'm assuming that I'm cool since I didn't get banned, because some have said that even though you reflash back to normal, you still get banned for being in that original group. meh, I'm still hardmodding as a safeguard toward the future, and because I already ordered the chip, lol.

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    interesting, im gonna havwe to refer to this thread when i get and attrempt to mod my xbox
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

yup, its official my box is banned. Not a good day for Robert..

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker PSP_Bro's Avatar
    I'm still going strong.

Rob, it's not the end of the world...you still have a 360 that can play any 360 game...take the money you saved from 5 games, buy a core, take the harddrive off of your premium, and buy the 5-6 games a year that actually have good live play. You still win in the end
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    who me? im a perfect lil angel
    Quoted For Truth......Quoted for Truth

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker spikyhunter3's Avatar
    yeah man and if your still doing those freebie sites itll be a lot easier.

Drizzle's awesome work!
    Raiden: Still ticking, huh?
    Vamp: Unfortunately, Hell had no vacancies

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    how would they know if your 360 was modded?
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Senior Member I Modded My PSP WarstrongXan's Avatar
    They know because whenever you connect to Microsoft's servers your giving some of your 360's information to them... It's like some of those signatures that say what your IP address is along with your OS, browser and whatnot. It's kinda expected of Microsoft because they know how easy it is to get that information and just ban everyone using that certain OS (or in this case, FW). From that point I think that N8 and everyone else getting a second FW is doing the right thing for sure... I'd say buy all the games you'd like, rip them to your 360's hard drive on the partition or w/e that is hacked, and sell all the original copies so that you can afford that second hard drive or whatever it takes to be able to safely play on Live and still use your backups offline. The 360 sounds really intriguing lately, is it better for hacking than the PS3 or Wii? Obviously more power= better emulation and other things... you'll be okay Rob and others

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast