Thread: Help installing theme

1. #1 Help installing theme 
    Hi,
    I read many post in this forum about theme for the PSP but I cannot find anything about how to install custom theme.

I am currently running on 3.40 OE-A

Is there a simple way to do it?

Thank you

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    This was written by me for firmware 3.03 OE-C, but I'm pretty sure 3.40 OE-A requires some different files. Make sure that the theme you downloaded is 3.40 compatible, this way you don't F up your PSP (you can always use recovery mode to restore you to 1.5)

you have to boot up your PSP in Recovery mode. This is how you do it:
    1. Turn your PSP completely off, not just in sleep mode. This means holding the power switch for a couple of seconds.
    2. Turn your PSP on, but while doing so you must be holding the R button.

That will boot up your PSP in recovery mode. Next what you must do is toggle down to the "ADVANCED ->" heading and press "X".

Once there you must connect your PSP to the computer via a USB cable. Make sure the cable is completely in, and then toggle down to the "TOGGLE USB (flash 0)" heading. Press "X".

On your Desktop your PSP should now be recognized. Go to "My Computer" on your desktop and search for "Removable Disk".

Click on this and you should see a series of folders...

Data
    font
    dic
    kd
    kn
    vsh

You are really only interested in VSH, but before you doing anything else...highlight all of thost files and drag them to your desktop. Doing this will help you if you do something stupid and accidentally mess up your PSP and would prevent you from re-flashing your PSP to firmware 1.5

Anywho, once you have made a copy of your Flash 0, you are ready to take the files of the theme you like and replace the ones on the Flash 0.

Double click on VSH, then double click on the "Resource" folder. Now, check your theme for any files that match up with those on your FLASH 0, drag those files over to the FLash 0 and click OK when it asks you if you want to replace the files.

((((IF you don't have enough room on the FLASH 0...go to this link and delete what it says to delete from it: Need help on 3.03 OE-A That thread is for 3.03 OE-C as well, so if you feel uncomfortable messing with a guide that isn't specifically guided towards you...I won't feel bad)))))))

There you go, complete. You have a new theme. Congrats.

Also, I don't feel bad at all if you don't use this guide, despite taking me a little while to make...because I am not fully versed in 3.40 OE-A. Good luck man.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Thanks!
    I will try that as soon as I get a theme that pleases me.

Thank you again!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiden
    Hi,
    I read many post in this forum about theme for the PSP but I cannot find anything about how to install custom theme.

I am currently running on 3.40 OE-A

Is there a simple way to do it?

Thank you
    copy Flash0 files to vsh->resource folders in the flash0 menu
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2