Thread: Why do we do it?

1. #1 Why do we do it? 
    why do you take apart your psp or other gaming consoles or put custom firmware on your psp? i do it as a hobby like a thing to do some people cook some do RC cars as hobbys i mod things
    Visit Acidmods.com For all Your Modding needs

Member PSP User
    I do it because I like my things to be different from others... Custom fw opens a lot of customization and its a wonder they dont allow it to the public because i know a lot more people who would buy one if they could make it look unique. Its fun to go in with your PSP and be playing a Mario GBA game and people laughing and saying that they never thought they would see Mario on a PSP or wanting to take your PSP away because you are playing one of the older consoles they played when they were little... For me personally, its because i want to make my things look different from the norm (I modded my razr too)

sweet and also the emulators do you download one then it comes preloaded with a bunch of games?
    Visit Acidmods.com For all Your Modding needs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Emulators are not typically packaged with roms, you have to obtain roms on your own but its easy enough for anyone with google to find roms. Roms are the same for emulators on any system (psp, pc, dreamcast, whatever). So a nes rom will work the same on a pc nes emulator and a psp emulator, so no need to find special psp roms.

I mod my psp because I love the older systems I played as a kid and being able to carry around tons of games from my childhood in my pocket is awesome.

EDIT: Moving this to anything goes since its not really hardware related.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    I mostly do it because I can and I'm bored. Same reason I learned linux, same reason I built my first computer, same reason I do pretty much anything having to do with technology. I'm just bored and it gives me something to do

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    I do it so I can play Super Mario Bros on the toilet...no joke. Less hauling tvs and cables.

And so I have all my old games on one system that is portable. I am very retro when it comes to games....so taking the ones I love on the go is the best deal for me.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I do it so I can play Super Mario Bros on the toilet...no joke. Less hauling tvs and cables.

something liek that. the whole reason i even knew about psp moding and was interested was Super Mario. that was the first thing i wanted to do here.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    I started modding the psp because I wanted

Zelda a link to the past and
    Megaman X , X2 and X3 on my psp..

Senior Member I Modded My PSP WarstrongXan's Avatar
    I just noticed that a lot of Sony's money should really go to those companies that made retro games. It seems like a LOT of people got a PSP just to play the retro stuff... I'm also curious why on every classics UMD there is only like 5 games and a modified PSP can have like a billion ROMS on it... Are they just using some different kind of format to get those games on there or whatever?
    Couldn't they safely use emulators as long as they are kept on those UMDs?

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccccpie
    some do RC cars as hobbys
    damn f'n right. rc cars > psp's

and i mod my rc cars too. it just costs more
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    damn f'n right. rc cars > psp's

and i mod my rc cars too. it just costs more

tell me about it I have three bruisers, a custom clod, a PTI goliath, a custom highlift, a custom TLT and a slew of other begging for spring repairs...