View Poll Results: Did we actually land on the moon?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we sure did!

56 54.37%
  • Hell no!

47 45.63%

Thread: Did we actually land on the moon?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Did we actually land on the moon? 
    Pick your option and explain!

Personally I don't think we landed on the moon. There is way to much evidence to show otherwise that we didn't land, it was a hoax. Even the Russians said you'd have to be crazy to land with the technology available at the time.

Have you seen how thick space shuttle plating is? Not very thick.

But who knows?
    ---

PSP: TA-082 | v3.40 > v3.50 | 1gb | 8Gmz
    -->MSN Messenger Guide

Senior Member I Modded My PSP baseball_dude's Avatar
    Okay most retarded poll ive ever seen on this forum. Are you an idoit or something? Of coarse we landed on the moon.

Stop posting retarded polls.
    My account

Runescape Goals

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker demondude777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baseball_dude
    Okay most retarded poll ive ever seen on this forum. Are you an idoit or something? Of coarse we landed on the moon.

Stop posting retarded polls.
    I agree.

Where is the "Nothing to see here, please move along" option in the poll? That gets my vote.

June 2005 - PSP homebrewed
    August 2006 - DS homebrewed

Embrace diversity.....play both handhelds the way they weren't meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by demondude777
    I am now your love cleric.

Well Discovery Channel released an entire 2 Hour long do***entary completely ripping the American Government's images, video, and proof of the 1969 moon landing.
    Maybe if you weren't so closed-minded and actually read some books you'd see that there is a lot of compelling evidence to suggest otherwise. So no, this isn't pointless, and no, I'm not an idiot. It's a debatable topic.

How does an American flag "wave in the wind" when there is no wind, or atmosphere on the moon?
    How can the rocks in the 2nd and 3rd photograph of the landing have more than one shadow going in different directions when there is only supposed to be one light source (being the Sun).
    How come the picture of the Lunar Lander is completely black by shadow, the the ONLY thing visible is a small American Flag which should also be covered by shadow.
    For chest-mounted cameras, they sure took really good, accurate, photos of each other.

Sadly tho, I didn't add the I'm Ignorant and can't read beyond what they tell me- option.
    ---

-->MSN Messenger Guide

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker spleblem's Avatar
    hey i think the first moon landing was a hoax
    there is loads of proof that it is
    and there is loads of proof that it isn't

but i still believe that they didn't land on the moon.

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Wheres the "We faked the first one(the video), but we have landed on the moon by now." option? That one gets my vote.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    lol, Hell If I went to the moon I'd put a big ass FLAG the size of a basketball court so all my people could see a lil flag at home with a T.scope on the moon... I'll post but I wont vote... lame... whats next a mars poll?
    Refresh for more Sigs

Who cares about Mars? Its a big red empty planet besides for those ice caps they found (and no, not the timmy's ice capps..)
    ---

-->MSN Messenger Guide

Senior Member I Modded My PSP whitelamp's Avatar
    HELLZ NO!
    They "lost" the recording of the (first) landing.

BS!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Unforgiv3N's Avatar
    it was a Hoax and Cinematic Effect, just for changing the Russian Path from the StarWars to the MOOn!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vip3rousmango
    Pick your option and explain!

Personally I don't think we landed on the moon. There is way to much evidence to show otherwise that we didn't land, it was a hoax. Even the Russians said you'd have to be crazy to land with the technology available at the time.

Have you seen how thick space shuttle plating is? Not very thick.

But who knows?
    They didn't use a space shuttle it was a Saturn V rocket (Apollo 11) completely different from a shuttle. Dude before posting something like this think about what you are talking about. Ask yourself would NASA be so successful and famous if they didn't, who would finance any space operation if it weren't real. Of course this doesn't fully prove if it was real or not. But any idea of a hoax can be fully discredited because retroreflectors were affixed onto the moon's surface in specific areas during Apollo 11, 14 and 15. And anyone with the proper laser and telescope can verify its there by shining a proper laser at it, this validates we did actuallly land on it. For more information just look up the Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive

Member PSP User cyanide_assassin's Avatar
    In response to what Vip3rousmango said about the flag "waving back and forth". All of the video's I've seen where the flag is moving, one of the astronauts has a hand on the flagpole. Therefore, the flag is moving because of inertia (Bodies at rest stay at rest unless acted upon by a force, etc. etc.), and especially since there's no air in space, it would take next to no force to make the flag move.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    This might blow your mind, but; man has been on the moon.

Right about now, you are saying.

"then how come we have not gone back since the 70's?"

It cost BILLIONS of dollars in the 60's-70's to launch a Saturn V, taking inflation into consideration; thats quite more in todays dollars. It was an exercise to flex our technological superiority to the soviets. Back then, we were not aware of the possibilities resources on the moon might offer, we just went because we could. The whole concept is quite simple. Space is gravity free therefore if I pushed an object at 12mph, it would remain at that speed until something stopped it, like the gravitational pull of a large object or a collision. Utilizing this concept they burned a rocket to get the capsule up to speeds that it could reach the moon in 4 days. Once there, the orbiter stayed in orbit and the lander descended and used small jets to counteract the gravitational pull on the moon to land softly. Then a small boost was needed to launch the "pod" off the lander's feet and back into orbit around the moon. There, the two spacecraft met up and the lunar lander was abandoned. Another rocket fire while "sling shotting" around the moon made use of the force applied by the moon's gravitational pull as well as the rocket's power. This sent them back towards earth. The technology was archaic, and your desktop has more computing power than the spacecraft had then; however they did it.

I would say they did a damn fine job with what they had. When man returns to the moon and sends a live feed back to Earth of astronauts posing beside Apollo landing sites you will feel stupid.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    /\
    they used Macintosh computers to place men on the moon...

Quote Originally Posted by cyanide_assassin
    In response to what Vip3rousmango said about the flag "waving back and forth". All of the video's I've seen where the flag is moving, one of the astronauts has a hand on the flagpole. Therefore, the flag is moving because of inertia (Bodies at rest stay at rest unless acted upon by a force, etc. etc.), and especially since there's no air in space, it would take next to no force to make the flag move.

Yeah, yesterday I googled the landing and a bunch of other clips (I really never watched all of them) and yes, I noticed his hand on the flagpole, I didn't see that before probably because I was baked.
    ---

-->MSN Messenger Guide

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast