Thread: How to evade doubleposts.

1. #1 How to evade doubleposts. 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    I just had a problem where I double posted on accident.

Here is some ways to evade it.

1. If its taking a bit to post your reply, DON'T keep clicking post reply, because it will post more than once.

2.If your looking for help and its taking a while for someone to help you, just sit back and wait, because if you double post to many times, you might have to wait one week to get your reply witch is way more than a day or two.

3.Watch when you post, if you THINK someone posted again after you, check just to make sure.

4.Use the edit button below your reply. If you did something wrong (gave the wrong link, mad a firmware number mistake (instead of 1.5 you put 1.4) or spelled a word horribly wrong and you think people might think that you are talking about something else) just use the edit. but to prevent from even having to use the edit, proof read before posting.

5.If you just feel like getting your post number up, actually post on different topics more than once, and get into it don't double post just to get your posts up.

There are probably more reasons, but I think if you know these ones you shouldn't double post nearly as much. If you accidentaly do double post for what ever reason, just edit the second one explaining what happened, they'll probably be understanding.

These are the exceptions,

1. When someone is posting a couple pictures, and you can't fit them all in one post.

2. When some one is writing a post and it exceeds the character limit (very rare) unless someone is writing a faq or a how-to.

3.After a COUPLE days, about maybe 5&UP no one replies to your thread, then you can double post to get your thread noticeable again.
    Last edited by free2rap622; 07-01-2007 at 07:00 AM.
    BlackBerry Messenger-30651FFA

If you need anything you can reach me there pretty much always =P

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Good tips, I hope someone listens to them. We finally almost got the search button across.
    Firmware History-
    1.0>1.5>2.71>3.11>3.50>1.5>3.40 OE-A
    Thanks to all who worked on 3.5 downgrader, you saved a PSP brought on the first day!

Thanks. Maybe some one will sticky it. Anyway, I did this because I remember when I first started coming here, people were getting on me about double posts, and I was like what the hell is that. Anyway, those are ways to prevent it, I'll keep it updated as I think of better ones.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP anemic jesus's Avatar
    uhhh...you have 500 posts and you just now found out what double posting is?
    Prying open my third eye

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    There are some exceptions though. When posting a long thread/post that exceeds the character limit (doubtful). Posting a lot of pictures is an exception as well. And I find that if your thread is a couple of days old and no one has replied, you can simply bump it by double posting and sayinf you intended to bump it just to bring it back in the forums so people can answer your question. A mod should simply then just merge the two posts, not much work.

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

OOO, well Ill edit, and no i didn't just find out, i found out at like 20 post. I think even someone with 10 post knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by free2rap622 View Post
    Anyway, I did this because I remember when I first started coming here, people were getting on me about double posts, and I was like what the hell is that.
    ]

When I FIRST........
    Last edited by free2rap622; 07-01-2007 at 06:56 AM.