View Poll Results: Should we have a sports Section?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

6 40.00%
  • no

9 60.00%
  • maybe

0 0%
  • Dont care --post whores-- click here

0 0%

Thread: Sports Section

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Sports Section 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    I think there is enough interest on this site for a sports section...many people could get involved...and more people will stay on the site if they like the section
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    you read my mind good job on making the thread

I think me and miami would make great comods
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Actually, I voted wrong....
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    f*** yea lets do this shit son!! Every other forum I've been too theres been a sports section, its a good idea.

why would you vote wrong...not only is this good for members right now...but is also perfect for keeping junior members on the site...many times i have seen some1 ask a madden question or NBA live or Fifa question and leave...if they saw a sports section they would be drawn in and would stay with the site...Just cause you dont like sports or you are from a different country as sports aren't big doesnt mean we shoudlnt have it...The question is not do i like sports...its should we have a sports section and we should since most reputable forums have one...

heatzone: vote! lol
    READ THIS THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by auburntigersfan4life View Post
    why would you vote wrong...not only is this good for members right now...but is also perfect for keeping junior members on the site...many times i have seen some1 ask a madden question or NBA live or Fifa question and leave...if they saw a sports section they would be drawn in and would stay with the site...Just cause you dont like sports or you are from a different country as sports aren't big doesnt mean we shoudlnt have it...The question is not do i like sports...its should we have a sports section and we should since most reputable forums have one...

heatzone: vote! lol
    Well first of all, I said I voted wrong, not I voted no. I voted for no, but IT WAS WRONG. Meaning that it wasn't the correct vote I wanted to vote for.

Any madden question or NBA live or Fifa question goes in the games section. I have a madden question. Where are all the hacks? After I get that answered, I'm not going to be drawn in...

If I don't like sports, I'd assume that others don't like them either, thus it wouldn't be useful. The question can pretty much boil down to "Do you like sports?" because if I don't like sports, then I think a section for sports would be stupid. Then the next person who doesn't like sports sees this, would also see no use for such a section, thus vote no.
    Same thing for you, you like sports, so you assume many others like sports. So you think many others would like a section. It's a true assumption, but none the less, that's what you assumed.

How would know I don't like sports?
    I played football for three years. I love football.
    At the time I voted, I was just feeling like a sports section on a PSP forum would be pointless, out of place, and under populated. I like sports, but it doesn't mean that we need a section about it, nor does it mean I can't have an opinion about a new section.

Isn't PSPMod more of a PSP and PSP Modding forum, more than a forum about absolutely anything? Another section that is further from modding would only make this site less of a PSP site, and more of a just random forum.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    this really has no place on pspmod. its a tech site, and all the latest sections we added have been related to technology and eletronics is some way. theres no point in making a section unrelated to the rest of the forum just to keep people here. theres plenty of sports related forums that they can post on and get answers. having a handful of sports junkies doesnt automatically mean we have to have a sports section. the last few sections we added were still related to psp modification. if members have sports questions, they can ask them in the games sections
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Thread closed?

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    nope. gotta give them a chance to convince people that its a good idea. so far, i dont think its nessicary
    R.I.P Zoidberg

The admin wants more traffic and more traffic will come with a sports section..even hold some competitions related to sports...like a fantasy league in psp mod...wouldnt that be eye opening and you can advertise your fantasy league anywhere...meaning more exposure for pspmod

Pirate said he accidently voted for no...so its 5-0 so far...thats pretty convincing lol 100% of the site iwho has voted is in favoir
    Last edited by adam; 07-08-2007 at 05:27 PM.
    READ THIS THREAD!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP heatzone07's Avatar
    I don't understand aren't Sports a form of entertainment just because this is a PSP modding site doesn't mean we have isolate other forms of entertainment. If anything adding sections like these would probably attract others and maintain a support for the site. Sports are just like the moviesonly it appeals to some more then others.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker miamiheat4life's Avatar
    having a sport section here would be nice. we could talk about games, news and there favorite team and all that good stuff without flooding the atgh section, plus more people who likes sports would stay around if there was sport section

i mean we can have a linux section but no sports...we would get wayy more traffic
    READ THIS THREAD!

Just to clarify, I voted for no, and I voted wrong because I wanted to vote for more of maybe. But after typing that, I've completely convinced myself, we don't need one.
    It stays 80% of all people 5 who care enough to actually look, and to vote wants one.

Edit:
    Linux = Computers, but more than that Linux help with PSP

Sports= ........umm, what?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast